PDA

View Full Version : New SoulLight Idea

Promethius
27-11-03, 18:04
Basicaly i was thinking it wouldn't be a bad idea if the runners choose if u take a Soullight hit. As in the runner who just died in an anarchy zone was palying around with friends (punching watever) and then someone PKs him. When hes dead instead of Just GR screen he gets another screen with all the names of the people who had caused dmg to him and he checks off a box whether to give them a SL hit or not. Thne hit ok BAM SL hit for all of the parties involved that were checked.

So vote whether u like the idea or not and explain why.

Jesterthegreat
27-11-03, 18:07
its a possibility... its certainly a new idea AFAIK

Lexxuk
27-11-03, 18:08
hmm, by the time you've managed to tick 1/2 the people due to low FPS, you've been rez killed 30 times :p maybe "after" you GR. Or maybe just a %'age system of S/L loss based on the "victims" s/l and your s/l.

Sanctioner
27-11-03, 18:12
if your going to be paling around punching its best to do it in a team then you avoid the entire issue of sl loss based on your example.

i have a problem with killing clannies in our HQ all the time....
so we team when we fight each other in HQ to avoid that issue...

Roc-a-fella
27-11-03, 18:15
NO, then you would know who killed you. The point is to PK and they dont know who killed them.

Furion
27-11-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Roc-a-fella
NO, then you would know who killed you. The point is to PK and they dont know who killed them.

erm, no o_O

BiTeMe
27-11-03, 20:15
I would rather the SL sytem dropped totaly and the runners location restored to the city com. Then a new forum / tab for bouny hunters.
If you sin enough against NPC's then their faction will auto post a price on your head.

(some rules n stuff to stop exploits n stuff is needed aswell)

Roc-a-fella
27-11-03, 20:20
Originally posted by Promethius
Just GR screen he gets another screen with all the names of the people who had caused dmg to him and he checks off a box whether to give them a SL hit or not.

He states it would show their name, NO.

g0rt
27-11-03, 20:20
ahhahaah 1 vote for 5 against

what a sad state of affairs this carebear community is in

Lareolan
27-11-03, 21:35
Well, honestly all they really need to do is check damage done to character by a single person. (Not all that difficult damnit!). If player X did most of the damage to player Y, he gets the SL loss. It's not perfect, but at least it will stop people from getting SL loss for no reason. (Like you shoot someone by mistake causing them 1 point of damage, they then go to get killed by a mob, look that 1 point of damage you did just killed the guy. Nice job KK!)

I've been complaining to KK about the retarded and horribly bugged SL system for ages!

KimmyG
27-11-03, 22:13
This is the best idea I have seen with this you could host duel tourneys in all those cool zones that until now you could duel in without teaming and all.

Promethius
28-11-03, 05:31
I don't understand wats so wrong about seeing the persons name who Pked you 0.o I mean most Pkers are proud of wat they do and would proly like the dead runer to kno who PKed them. Much less prefer a stealth kill 0.o.

Basicaly I'm sick fo doing about 0.001% dmg to a guy and he dies and BAM SL it.

Also isn't the SL thing about reputation. And how does the word of a bad rep get out if someone wants u to attack them (i.e duels) So it shold be the PKed one that decides the Sl hit.

IMHO I'd prefer wat someone else said. Drop the whole SL system and Have like a way to find people. I'd like to see a skill called TRacking or something that would show u where the runner is depenind on the rank of the runner and the Persons tracking skill lvl. So if there are bounty hunters out there they place points into track and tehre ability to find higher lvled runners (as long as they know the name). Or maybe something like teh Navray tracing thing. It'll show u the path they have traveled and u can track them :) .

And have a whole list of names in a citycom and u can see if theres any bounty rewards. and make dogtags show who killed the guy adn teh time.

g0rt
28-11-03, 09:11
yes prom

death to the sl system

it sucks either revamp it or remove it

wolfwood
28-11-03, 09:16
Kinda pointless, when u kill it is most likely goin to be on purpose. Also if u were in an anarchy zone with friends (excluding appts) wouldnt u be teamed. Also, if friends were shooting you, dont u think they would stop before u died???????????????????

Promethius
28-11-03, 12:05
Originally posted by wolfwood
Kinda pointless, when u kill it is most likely goin to be on purpose. Also if u were in an anarchy zone with friends (excluding appts) wouldnt u be teamed. Also, if friends were shooting you, dont u think they would stop before u died???????????????????

ok ur looking at ways AROUND teh SL system. I'm looking to reform it.

Explain to me how punchin ur friend in teh arm ruins ur reputation ina cyber punk world? Also its not ALWAYS on purpose. Friends have killed friends before jsut messin about. And enough of teh but u can team.... Well wat if i wanan mess around witha stranger but ifi die i don't want him to be about to loot my belt...