PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Judgement Day launcher and Moon Striker

Warlogis
27-11-03, 13:43
I have both this weapons unmodded with damage mods (all stats 110-120%), capped damage % with both and listed damage of Moon Striker only near 40% better compaired with JDL. But:
1. As for WB JDL do near 90-120 damage per rocket, MS near 220-350 per rocket. Why such big difference? Its only near 40% more with MS (as example 240 force with JDL and 320 force with MS).
2. JDL almost always hitted slow-moving targets such as WBs. From 12 rockets I have 9-11 hits. Moon Striker missed near 50% of time (a little bit less if shooting in not to far position or from high hill). Aiming % with JDL near 205%, with MS near 175%. Any ideas about why this happens?

greploco
27-11-03, 13:46
try putting in a distance cpu 3 and targeting computer, raise your wepon lore

wonder how that would help MS aiming

that is an odd mix of results though - and yes, I have heard you can't hit anythign with MS, that's too bad

ezza
27-11-03, 14:06
never use the moony for hunting, its pathetic the rockets do a drunken dance about 5 miles wide of the target, more likely to use mal but even that aint great.

only really use my speed gat for hunting

i use distance 3 in my tank and it makes a diffrence on the aiming %age but not much in actual fireing of the weapon, still goes of on its own little quest instead of at the warby you were aiming at

Warlogis
27-11-03, 14:10
Heh, with MS I have better chance to hit target with less aiming % then with MD ... From short distance MS always hits ;) And dont have such odd prodlem to hit ground near your as MD if you shooting from plain place.
Still waiting for explanation :wtf: Maybe for AoE heavy weapons exists some hidden formula - aiming % more then 200 = much better chance to hit? :wtf:

to ezza: MD really cool to hunt at worm tunnels or swamp/outdoor/crystal caves. But against WBs/horrors its also really nice. Didn't tried MS at caves, but at open areas this weapon even better then MD - maybe a little bit less damage sometimes, but greater chance to hit something.
And DB so-so :( poor aiming, poor damage, but nice area effect range.

Psyco Groupie
27-11-03, 14:11
once upon a time when I capped my tank in a few days i'd use a plasma wave / gat to kill mobs in third person .. pretty much childs play :)