PDA

View Full Version : WPW & RCL - The possibilities

gizmojack
27-11-03, 12:41
I'm thinking more should be done with WPW and RCL other than just droning. Basically your supposed to be good at manipulating mechnical things right?

Why not have a different set of land-based mechnical robots that fight for the droner, but work by themselves & do not need to be controled individually like a drone? (E.g soulcluster) That way i can treat him as a kinda pet golem ;) Why not be able to upgrade your bodyguard too?

Or why not be able to manipulate enemy turrets? Or manipulate dead mechnical units like warbots, DOY bots?

-Giz :cool:

Jesterthegreat
27-11-03, 12:42
tie it in with hacking and H4X and control a copbot! ONOZ!

Mirco
27-11-03, 12:46
I want Rcl to be a optional requirement for using vehicle cannons so a spy can drive around shooting stuff without having a gunning tank with him.

s0apy
27-11-03, 12:49
well - there's already something of a precedent for this (i quote from the skills guide)

Hacking: 0.9(90%) HCK + 0.1(10%) RCL

seems someone on the dev team thought that RCL, at least, should have further possibilities.

MkVenner
27-11-03, 12:51
Being able to get in an enemy turret and aim and fire like u would a drone would rock, i cant realy think of n e more ideas to do with RCL than is already here, except being able to turn over the telly with pin point accuracy:p

Jesterthegreat
27-11-03, 12:55
hacking the op security and turning the turrets on the owners... LMFAO

i would love to do that :p

MkVenner
27-11-03, 12:56
ala Dues Ex

floyd
27-11-03, 13:13
What about letting droners "plug-in" to an op's main turrets (the ones that are part of the building, not player dropped). Give em a very digital-esque "targetting comp" screen - anyone remember the first Star Wars arcade game - green grid-lines for walls and green polygon tie-fighters? Like that. Now that would be cool.

Let hackers do it too maybe - or let them do something to turn em off.

Ooooh. Now I really want polygon targetting comps somewhere in the game. Put them in damn you!

gizmojack
27-11-03, 13:22
Hmmm How about a "parasite drone" that can't fire, but can leech onto any mechnical unit like turrets or any mechnical mob, and let you control it from there. When the mindcontroled unit is finally destroyed, your parasite drone will blow up too.

MkVenner
27-11-03, 13:44
cool, how about drones that are automated. Like say a sheild rdrone that hovers around you al the times projecting a sheild on you, or a medi drone that heals you

Amano
27-11-03, 13:55
all these ideas kick ass and its a shame we cant program this for kk and get it implemented :p

how about the parasite idea working on mobs like a wb titan, Y-commander or even DOY bot ?
Imagine controlling one of them and rolling it into an op war :)

heh, just realised gizmo suggested that :p

gizmojack
27-11-03, 19:06
Originally posted by MkVenner
cool, how about drones that are automated. Like say a sheild rdrone that hovers around you al the times projecting a sheild on you, or a medi drone that heals you

Shield drone sounds kinda cool. :cool:

But i think a better defense would be a drone shaped like a loudhailer that screams, "WARNING DANGER! WILSON! DANGER!"
if enemies get close.:D

Psycho Killa
27-11-03, 19:23
Im still waiting for a drone that will allow you to see stealthers and maybe somehow point them out. Like an advanced observer drone. Just make it super high like tl 120 or so.

Archeus
27-11-03, 20:08
a high level scout drone that when you zoomed into the target would give you thier general stats in color coding (like the skill level coding).

So it would show something like
health
stamina
psi
heat
xray
... etc

Or a tracking bot that paints a target and another person (maybe a tank) has a special missile weapon that will lock to that painted target.

how about the parasite idea working on mobs like a wb titan, Y-commander or even DOY bot ?
Imagine controlling one of them and rolling it into an op war

This would be cool, but it would have to be very hard to do (monster can attack the drone) and if the monster dies it automatically decays so it cannot be looted and if the hold is broken it attacks the droner.

A shield drone as mentioned but one that has to be controlled by the droner but has a very good shield system (stops people walking through).

Or a GR Drone that moves to a set spot in the zone and then transports the droner there, drone is destroyed and droner takes SI as if they Genrepped.

Or rather then flying drones some wheelie/track based drones with weapons.

Tratos
27-11-03, 20:36
Originally posted by Mirco
I want Rcl to be a optional requirement for using vehicle cannons so a spy can drive around shooting stuff without having a gunning tank with him.

that would be cool and perhaps the disadvantage of this could be you have to turn the vehicle as the vehicle turret wouldnt move without a person in it (and would be hard to code ide imagine)
and maybe a little slower RoF

i dunno but i thinkthats a good idea

mite get vehicles used more aswell

~T