PDA

View Full Version : FFXI character help

Ivory
26-11-03, 20:24
Hey.. gonna be getting FFXI to see what all the fuss is about. Try it out. But am not sure what class i should go.

I want to go a summoner.. but that is a second job type (wish it was the 1st)..

I was thinking of going a red mage... but then when i do my summoning spells it won't b that much more effective...

But... there is the white mage and also the black.. cant b bothered becoming a white mage... also i heard that races are also a factor on which type of class you want to be...

I r so confused so help me out pls if anyone knowz ;)

nonamebrandeggs
26-11-03, 20:27
Be a Tonberry.

Ivory
26-11-03, 20:32
i dont want to they smell ;)

nonamebrandeggs
26-11-03, 20:34
White mage then, they probobly got Parashock :lol:.

Ivory
26-11-03, 20:38
lol NERF TEH PARA SHOCK

nah i dont want to a be a white mage... although i'll be loved.. i want to lvl by myself and not be dedicated to leveling with groups.

Cyphor
26-11-03, 20:42
A summoner as a main job will be much more effective than a red mage damage wise :) also class doesn't matter too much you should play more what you want, to make you more individual, the main race for a mage however is taru taru and the worst which is gona be kinda gimped is galka.

If you want to lvl by yourself then redmage to lvl 30 and then switch to a beastmaster as your main job is prob the most effective way.

Red Mage does average damage with average heal and defense, OMG! a balanced hybrid :p

26-11-03, 20:45
dont they have their own forums?

Cyphor
26-11-03, 20:55
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html
http://ffvault.ign.com/
http://forums.crgaming.com/ffxibb/

These are the best forums ive found, the ign ones have both server and job forums and imo are the best.

However if people ask questions i can answer i will try to reply no matter where they are posted, just as i answer questions on nc where-ever there posted.
Imo FFXI isnt really in direct competition with nc as one is a fantasy rpg and the other is a more fps base sci-fi rpg, so its no to much of a prob discussing the ffxi game and your chars etc here, however i would agree mabey direct questions about setups etc to the forums above as this isnt a ffxi forum.

joran420
26-11-03, 21:02
nah i dont want to a be a white mage... although i'll be loved.. i want to lvl by myself and not be dedicated to leveling with groups.

heh i dont think any class can solo very well(cept maybe a beast master main/ sub whitemage) and even then youll only be killin easy stuff if u soloing :P

Ivory
26-11-03, 21:04
Red Mage does average damage with average heal and defense, OMG! a balanced hybrid

heh at least someone got it right :p

StryfeX
26-11-03, 21:06
Originally posted by joran420
heh i dont think any class can solo very well(cept maybe a beast master main/ sub whitemage) and even then youll only be killin easy stuff if u soloing :P WARs can solo pretty well, but they are lacking in the healing department, so you hafta be careful about the battles you choose. RDMs are actually better for soloing as near as I can tell. At least at lower levels.

--Stryfe

Cyphor
26-11-03, 21:09
heh i dont think any class can solo very well(cept maybe a beast master main/ sub whitemage) and even then youll only be killin easy stuff if u soloing :P

Redmed mage can solo ok, however its not a fast process, apparently a red mage solo'd one of the big boss mobs...only took them 8 hours :D

joran420
26-11-03, 21:09
yeah a BLM can solo at low lvls :P...heh i was talking to lvls +20

Cyphor
26-11-03, 21:12
yeah a BLM can solo at low lvls :P...heh i was talking to lvls +20

yeah later in the game the only char that can solo effectivly is beastmaster/whitemage or perhalps bst/rdm or bst/paladin for heals etc.

Not too sure about a summoner they might be able to solo if they get their summoned beast to provoke etc, not too sure how well it works.

Ivory
27-11-03, 04:12
i've always wanted to go a summoner.. cos in the previous summoning these mofo's were way too cool.. i was like omg omg omg lol

I'll see how it goes once i get the game.

StryfeX
27-11-03, 04:41
Originally posted by Ivory
i've always wanted to go a summoner.. cos in the previous summoning these mofo's were way too cool.. i was like omg omg omg lol

I'll see how it goes once i get the game. I saw a level 6 summoner looking all badass with his...summoned thing (dunno what the name of that one was) floating behind him while I was running to San d'Oria from Bastok. Next thing I know he's running in the opposite direction with his avatar gone, being chased by an Orc and a pissed off sheep. :p I ended up killing both and he escaped into the city. :lol:

--Stryfe