PDA

View Full Version : I Want Swirlies In First Person View!

Shadow Dancer
26-11-03, 09:28
Who else wants swirlies in first person view? :D

L0KI
26-11-03, 09:30
Damn Straight :D

Wannabe
26-11-03, 09:38
Bring in the swirlies!

Atleast now people will know why I sometimes tell them to put the damn swirlies away when going to op wars in anarchy zone on plain ground. Those damn things can be seen so damn far :o

// Wannabe

Psycho_Soldier
26-11-03, 10:18
Nah, just more stuff get get in the way of seeing your surroundings.

Rieper
26-11-03, 10:23
i wouldnt mind it on my monk.. but on my tank i got enough on my screen.

Shadow Dancer
26-11-03, 10:25
What about an option to turn it off or on?

Rieper
26-11-03, 10:29
like a mod (numpad keys)? i'd go for that

[TgR]KILLER
26-11-03, 10:31
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What about an option to turn it off or on?

yea that will be cool.. because i don't mind a swirly but the only time i am using first person nowadays is when i PvP realy and i don't think a swirly in your view helps alot then.

El_MUERkO
26-11-03, 13:25
I DONT Want Swirlies In First Person View!

deac
26-11-03, 13:29
as a matter of fact i dont want ANY swirlies...

Ultima
26-11-03, 13:55
umm i kinda can see headaches happin with a swirlie light in 1st person view O_o

ezza
26-11-03, 14:00
now ive had my disagreements with shadow in the past, but on this score im 100% backing him up, swirlys in 1st person plz.

oh and while your at it we need swirlys to show in the mirrors, my tanks likes to pose in the mirror with his l33t weapons, but alas the swirly does not show:(

Original monk
26-11-03, 14:04
no swirley's in first person view unless you can turn em on or off please, i hate it when im combatting and some swirly is getting into my view you see :)

s0apy
26-11-03, 14:38
personally, if a change was to be made, i'd prefer different weapon models for the rares so you could still see that you're facing down a "proper" weapon as opposed to anything else, however not through the current dubious auspices of having christmas lights dangling off the end of it. these models should be visible in all view modes too.

the idea that a strange swirly light rotating around my weapon denotes it is a powerful item just doesn't do it for me. i'd prefer it to be uglier looking, with spikes on, or chains, or even just a different colour. maybe a decal or two.

oh, you can leave swirlies on monkey weapons tho - seems to make some kind of sense there.

Rade
26-11-03, 14:38
im with deac here, swirlies are stupid, more gun models would be
neat tho.

ezza
26-11-03, 14:41
more models would be cool as long as i keep my CS's uber green blast cone from hell thingy:D

s0apy
26-11-03, 15:08
Originally posted by ezza
more models would be cool as long as i keep my CS's uber green blast cone from hell thingy:D

it shall be done. but can i interest you in an uber RED blast from hell thingy, in order to denote your increased uberness over the more humble TPC? or purple? and maybe a fireflash down the side of yer CS? or a white stripe as in starsky and hutch?

El_MUERkO
26-11-03, 15:15
Yeah I'd rather diffrent gun models for rares and ditch the swirlies!

ezza
26-11-03, 15:51
Originally posted by s0apy
it shall be done. but can i interest you in an uber RED blast from hell thingy, in order to denote your increased uberness over the more humble TPC? or purple? and maybe a fireflash down the side of yer CS? or a white stripe as in starsky and hutch?

ooo uber red blast from hell would be nice

not sure on the starksy and hutch stripe though:p

Ryuben
26-11-03, 16:13
oh yeah bloody sherlock holmes

CS takes up 2/5's my screen

bang a swirly on i get half a screen to see shit threw

:rolleyes:

yeah for monks wouldn't be so bad

but rest of classes means u get imparied vision cos of some thing
flashing in ur view, and that would piss me off no end

this green thing flashing around and around and around.....:o

Mumblyfish
26-11-03, 16:23
Originally posted by s0apy

Starsky likes his red Slasher swirly, thanks very much. Hutch refuses to comment, but he mumbled something along the lines of busting some hoodlums...

Dribble Joy
26-11-03, 16:29
I r with the Rade like person above, new models would be cool.

Eg. Plasma pistols.
lvl1 small and a bit crap looking (in 1st person), occational puff of smoke/spark (both 1st and 3rd)

lvl2 still small but looks like a weapon.

lvl3 the napalm, bigger, meaner.

JUDGE Big phat thing, streamlined and sexeh.

Jesterthegreat
26-11-03, 16:31
yeah... NC needs some variety. with its 10 models, 10 weapon moddels per weapon (IE pistol / rifle etc) etc etc...

add variety!