PDA

View Full Version : new patch = fatal centeral . . .

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 03:50
meh...

6 hours play tonight

59 fatals . . .

dubya tee eff ?

most of them while moving stuff in my inv/cabs, at the citycom or while zoning, died 3 times to this...

not fun. . .

g0rt
26-11-03, 04:11
its your pc. not the game.

nonamebrandeggs
26-11-03, 04:13
Hey g0rt want a medal for being the master of the obvious? Oh sorry I'm all out of medals... how about a cookie?

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 04:17
g0rt dont make me hit you :p

ok so pre patch i was unlucky if i got 1 or 2 fatals in a day of playing, yet sofar in 7 hours im upto 67 fatals. . . something smells fishy for it to start doing that pretty much overnight, oh wait there was a new patch, a patch that at first wouldnt fucking let me login, then gives me hassle every time i change my char now, and now is making me fatal every other time i try doing something . . .

Marx
26-11-03, 04:17
1 for me.

O_o

Shakari
26-11-03, 04:18
dunno Fenyx I have only crashed a few times which is normal for NC :D :rolleyes:

there does seem to be less lag **shock** ***horror*** hehe

could be something to do with that DOS attack on the major ISP's

I'm on BT Openworld so guess I've not been affected for a change :lol:

Shadow Dancer
26-11-03, 04:21
OMG fenyx, I thought it was just me. I've been crashing like crazy.

-FN-
26-11-03, 04:35
I never really crashed much before actually :p Maybe once a day here and there. Played today for awhile on the new patch... only one crash on zoning into Syncon.

VictorKruger
26-11-03, 04:37
ok fenyx something has to be wrong with your setup or something, i just played for over 5 hours today and i didn't have a fatal at all, and i was moving stuff around all over the place and traveling abroad today.

Drake6k
26-11-03, 04:39
Last patch I had 15 in one minute lol. This one and after like 3 hours none.

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 04:40
:(

bastards....

this aint fair :\

-FN-
26-11-03, 04:42
Like I said, I crash very infrequently. I'm still using the old Detonator 45.23 drivers tho for my GeForce3 Ti500. Maybe we can find a correspondence to crashing with the new ForceWare drivers vs the old Detonator? What are you guys using (those who crash a lot and those who do not)? ATI users need not apply :p

ElfinLord
26-11-03, 04:43
It's the nerf Fenyx patch!!!!!! :D

Using driver version 5303 d/l'ed off Guru3d.com. :)

No more fatals than usual.

VictorKruger
26-11-03, 04:44
well i have an Ati Radeon.....Damn you...I guess that just proves, that when they finally get around to fixing the glitches, the Ati cards are more stable for Neocron :p :D

[edit] does anyone know why my population tracker doesn't work anymore? [edit]

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 04:46
Originally posted by ElfinLord
It's the nerf Fenyx patch!!!!!! :D

Using driver version 5303 d/l'ed off Guru3d.com. :)

No more fatals than usual.

meh you gits were calling for me to be nerfed when i posted some screenies of me getting around 140 fps at a tezla OP war with pretty much all settings but vegi at max :\

looks like the whining nerfers win again :(

that tracker thing normally needs a change every patch cause of changes to the .exe

ElfinLord
26-11-03, 04:47
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
meh you gits were calling for me to be nerfed when i posted some screenies of me getting around 140 fps at a tezla OP war with pretty much all settings but vegi at max :\

looks like the whining nerfers win again :(
For the record, I never whined.:p

I'm just jealous. :D

-FN-
26-11-03, 04:50
Uhm... I repeat, Fenix and SD, what drivers are you using :p

Lafiel
26-11-03, 05:07
ive been crashing alot also.... mostly when im accessing gogu or citycom

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 05:08
Detonator 45.23 from around august time iirc, never had problems like this with NC before . . .

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 07:54
rawr 100th fatal since the patch, OH MY GOD ITS OWNED ME

I GIVE UP

PLS MAKE IT STOP TORTURING ME !!!!1111

:(

SypH
26-11-03, 07:56
Heh...I fataled on my main character and now I cant log on as is says character data damaged......oops

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 07:57
Originally posted by SypH
Heh...I fataled on my main character and now I cant log on as is says character data damaged......oops

BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Last time I saw that happen was on MeGaMaN and he kept trying and trying and trying and it kept fucking up the backups, he had to get KK to fix it :lol:

KramerTheWeird
26-11-03, 08:03
Fenix, compared to me you're lucky, I can't even connect to the server since last patch.

Kimiko
26-11-03, 08:32
Im on the 45.23 Detonators, and I crash once ever hour, sometimes a bit more. Sometimes I go ages without crashing. Seems to crash a lot when exiting though...

Hands up who runs multiple monitors? (Just a random thought - I do)

amfest
26-11-03, 08:54
I don't have crashes anymore .. and as i've said on the patch discussion .. I can see in subway cars, textures from trees don't stick to my screen blocking my vision totally. .. . and I can use the hack interface now! .. my vid card is a voodoo 3 3500 .. lol .. rawr Voodoo!! . . not supported but rawr! I don't crash ;)

QuantumDelta
26-11-03, 09:00
I've had zero crashes since patch...
Lets see how this lasts o_O

I don't run multiple screens.

Infact, the only thing I run which might effect stability is Wasabi Player.

amfest
26-11-03, 09:02
I typically run proxy plus and AFnap (p2p file sharing program which I cap upload to about 5-10kb/s when i'm playing) and everything typically runs alright .. the only problem I have is my computer getting laggy when I shutdown, restart neocron or tab out . .. but that's not big deal .. during gameplay it's no problem ..

Nirvana
26-11-03, 09:39
I play NC on a Pentium Celery 2.4, with a radeon 9600 pro/128 (I know, weird combination), and I got my first fatal (when syncing) in 3 days of about 5 hrs a day playing :P
-T

Psycho_Soldier
26-11-03, 10:20
I've had no crashes but 1/3 relogs I usually get some right clicking bug where I cant right click on things like doors/gogos/chairs etc, but I can right click on things in inventory. o_O

retr0n
26-11-03, 12:11
playing on xp 1800+ / 1024 ram / gf3 ti500
about the drivers i dunno, when i try to install detonator the windows xp
says fu basicly & i have to reinstall to the drivers that came with
the card, have no idea... my fps sucks, i'm down to about 15ish in
pepper park with 4+ players there... :( (but i manage)
however i haven't had more crashes then usual... sometimes
i crash 2 times in one minute, then no crash for 2 hours, then 3 crashes
in the next 15 minutes etc etc...

however i have some login issues aswell... @ first it was my firewall
because of the change to the .exe file it denied acces, but still after
a FRE i get stuck in "Requesting Character Info.."..

what i found working for me is i log my pluto char, log out, then

//Radium

Mingerroo
26-11-03, 12:23
Have you considered it might be an OS based problem? What OS are you people using?

It could also be a Neocron copy problem, who's using the net downloaded version and who is running off the CD version?

Mingoo

Oath
26-11-03, 12:25
Originally posted by Nirvana
I play NC on a Pentium Celery 2.4, with a radeon 9600 pro/128 (I know, weird combination), and I got my first fatal (when syncing) in 3 days of about 5 hrs a day playing :P
-T

Yeah but Fenix is hardcore, He's online when i wake in the morning, hes online when i goto sleep with my kid, hes still online when i get back up that night, but he's in-bed before the americans :p

*judging via msn of course*

Fen = Hardcore!11111111

:lol:

i've been getting a ton more fatals too :( and i dont have a sweet rig :lol:) :p:p:p:p:p:

deac
26-11-03, 13:44
no change for me... 1-2 fatals in 2-4 hours

ezza
26-11-03, 13:48
meh aint got own fatel yet, though that might have something to do with the fact i aint logged in since thte patch:D :p

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 14:51
Originally posted by Oath
hes online when i goto sleep with my kid

all i can say is 'O_o'

anyway. . . i aint got nothin else to do other than sit around the house all day doin fuck all dreading the day that is 25th of december considering i aint got no job now either lol :lol:

Oath
26-11-03, 14:53
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
all i can say is 'O_o'
anyway. . . i aint got nothin else to do other than sit around the house all day doin fuck all dreading the day that is 25th of december considering i aint got no job now either lol :lol:

Lmao.............

I think im offended :lol:

Luckily, im not heh :p

:lol: :lol: :lol:r

s0apy
26-11-03, 15:28
it's most often the case that installing a new version of a program causes it, or other things, to stop working. and it's almost always because some existing problem in your system is now creating a problem where it wouldn't necessarily have done before. it's not usually the new/updated software at fault, therefore, but something you've had on your system for a while that was a ticking bomb, so to speak.

there are a few ways to figure this out. the best by far is to wipe your system totally blank, install the OS, patches, and latest drivers for your hardware and then install ONLY neocron. try running like this for a while and see if things have improved - i'd be very surprised if they don't. if you're still having problems after this, i'd be looking at a hardware problem. memory, or some other part of your system that is not always in full use. it could even be down to an increase in computing power required by the patch leading to overheating on your system due to inadequate cooling.

the other thing to try is to shut down or switch off all programs that you have running while you run NC. that would be everything from TS to messaging, media players and (especially) anti-virus programs. check your registry as well for stuff that's running at startup, and (for winxp/2k) your active services.

if you see an improvement, start turning things back on one by one until it breaks again. then you'll know what's to blame.

i have the luxury of having NC running on 2 seperate machines that have precicely nothing else running on them. they were vanilla installs, and NC was the first and only thing ever installed on them, and i experience very few crashes.

boone
26-11-03, 15:41
i've lost my zonefatals and citycomfatals, but i've gained a load of cab-fatals instead..

Lanigav
26-11-03, 17:53
Lol. Seems like this patch did more bug switching than bug fixing. :p

ZoneVortex
26-11-03, 21:03
i haven't fataled once in like 10 hours of playing since the patch

edit: take that back, fataled twice while zoning

QuantumDelta
26-11-03, 21:07
I'll be testing my Geforce FX on tuesday...so it'll be interesting to see how stability is effected by upgrading...

Maybe......just maybe, I'll get a semi-decent FPS out of this game for once in my computers poor labouring tired old existance :p

numb
27-11-03, 00:12
I have gf4 ti4600, athlon xp 1900+, xp pro sp1 and NC definately is crashing a lot more. I must have had 4 or 5 crashes in the past 2 hours, and 1 made pc reboot.

Only tried the patch today.

I got 0 fatals in the 4 hours I played before the patch. And Neocron has been stable on my pc for ages.

Crashes are all from zoning.

Syncing at login seems to take a little longer now too.

REMUS
27-11-03, 00:18
6 hours 2 fatals but that was only my shitty isp disconnecting and it discconected 5 times

hegemonic
27-11-03, 20:34
I have a GE FORCE2 MX/MX 400
with cable modem
running on Windows XP
with 1.1ghz and 256mb RAM
and nothing but system tools running
and since the last patch (retail #192)
I have had NUMEROUS FREs.
Last one happened when I was in the CRP bunker fighting a 90/90 fire mob and about 6 of his spawns... not a pretty picture to FRE at that moment....

Didn't have many FRE problems BEFORE this last patch... maybe KK can look into it for their next patch ?

Just wanted to share....
-------------------
URANUS Server
Notorious B.I.G. // dumb tank // FA // SSC
Notorious M.I.G. // droner/resser spy // FA // SSC
comic relief // Pistol/haxor PE // FA // SSC