PDA

View Full Version : UK internet provider DOS attack

robinitnow
26-11-03, 02:00
Right well you may be noticing that allot of the people from the UK are not on tonight. This is because in the UK the 5 main providers (not BT ADSL interestingly) are having there DNS servers DOS attacked with 10Mb every 200th/s of a second (ergo they not work any more). According to NTL they have banned the offending IP addresses but they are being spoofed, so that has no effect.o_O

so if you know something then call crimestoppers on 01........:D

NeoLojik
26-11-03, 02:19
Transatlantic Outage
Further investigation has revealed that the current outages seen to some United States based internet sites has been caused by a major outage of the TAT-14 ring that connects the United States to the United Kingdom, France, The Netherlands, Germany, and Denmark. This has in effect meant a loss of connectivity between parts of the United States and parts of Europe.

We have been told that the Tier-1 provider who runs the TAT-14 ring and is working has assembled an international restoration team on an ad-hoc restoration, which will take several hours to implement. This should restore most connectivity to the United States however speeds may suffer.

You may continue to see DNS timeout errors when attempting to access sites in the United States until the ad hoc fix is in place after which we expect these errors to clear up.

Vampire222
26-11-03, 02:21
haveto be fucking pro's at work

QuantumDelta
26-11-03, 02:41
DoSers? Pros? LOL

Jaenus
26-11-03, 02:53
Spoofing IPs etc isn't actually difficult (won't go into details though). The hard part is finding enough bandwidth to pull something like this off.

It's still lame whichever way you spin it :(

Darkborg
26-11-03, 03:01
Now the real hard part is gaining acces to that amount of bandwith untrakcably.

hinch
26-11-03, 03:17
Originally posted by Darkborg
Now the real hard part is gaining acces to that amount of bandwith untrakcably.

thats actually the easy part infact if it is just a ddos attack in the course of work ive met and come across many people capable of such an attack.

Psyco Groupie
26-11-03, 03:30
I used to DoS people who said I cheated at counter-strike .. this'll teach blueyonder for banning me .. whahah ahahah ahahahah h ha

wasnt me .. promise :)

*nor is this remotely funny