PDA

View Full Version : More fatals and errors in this patch then before

MayhemMike
26-11-03, 01:39
Damn i've had laods of FRE! probally x2 more than normal. most of the time i can't even log in.

retr0n
26-11-03, 01:44
had some login issues myself... mainly they were because of my
firewall, since the .exe file has changed the firewall denied acces
after that was sorted out i still have some smaller issues, especially
after a FRE.. the login gets stuck at "Requesting Character Info"
never had that before the patch so i guess it's from this patch

-FN-
26-11-03, 01:45
Originally posted by MayhemMike
most of the time i can't even log in.

Good. Maybe now you'll stop spamming P1 with

MayhemMike: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||F|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

o_O

Tratos
26-11-03, 01:46
lol ph33r mikes l337 spamming skillz!

~T

Anna
26-11-03, 02:02
havent crashed all day actually

MayhemMike
26-11-03, 02:16
Anna, you have to log on first.

nonamebrandeggs
26-11-03, 02:17
Anna, you have to log on first.

thats like one of those things where you go "lol" cuz your not really laughing, your just being polite.

lol

Zanathos
26-11-03, 02:18
I havent had the time to try out the new patch.

The world map looks cool though.

MayhemMike
26-11-03, 02:38
just falated again.

Haxxor
26-11-03, 02:39
Originally posted by retr0n
the login gets stuck at "Requesting Character Info"
never had that before the patch so i guess it's from this patch

i Had it alot before patch ;)

g0rt
26-11-03, 04:38
Originally posted by -FN-
Good. Maybe now you'll stop spamming P1 with

MayhemMike: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ||F|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

o_O

Stop pretending you dont like it.

MayhemMike
26-11-03, 04:38
i cant beat jeff k on the spam tho, hes to l33t.

g0rt
26-11-03, 04:40
i cant beat jeff k on the spam tho, hes to l33t.

I dunno w33man puts up a big fight.

petek480
26-11-03, 04:52
That must suck mike. Before the patch you seemed to fatal every 30 minutes. Fataling every 15 minutes must really suck.

iainy13
26-11-03, 05:03
1 FRE an 1 sync since the patch on saturn for me. An i have an ati. I dont know how any of u r gettin so many fre's.

ghandisfury
26-11-03, 06:33
Try turing off H4x programs.....might help;)

Wellard
26-11-03, 12:50
Like retr0n, I can't get past requesting character info screen, it just freezes and locks my pc :(

I tried this around 10 times, and got nowhere. Then I remembered the last time I had this I downloaded the US retail launcher patch off the game launcher screen and it helped.

I tried that, and still nothing.

any help? pwease? :( cant play, getting the shakes :confused:

never had this before the patch

retr0n
26-11-03, 14:48
Originally posted by Wellard
Like retr0n, I can't get past requesting character info screen, it just freezes and locks my pc :(

what i stated in the previous post works for me, so i haven't really
tried any other solutions, however, the pc doesn't really lock up, atleast
not for me... it does freeze, and when i press ctrl+alt+del nothing
happends for a good 10 seconds, but after that, the task manager
appears and i can shutdown neo

//Radium

Nidhogg
26-11-03, 16:44
Originally posted by Wellard

I tried this around 10 times, and got nowhere. Then I remembered the last time I had this I downloaded the US retail launcher patch off the game launcher screen and it helped.

I tried that, and still nothing.

any help? pwease? :( cant play, getting the shakes :confused:

never had this before the patch That sounds like a problem with the latest version of Zone Alarm. If you run in Windowed mode (hold shift when starting the game to get access to the graphics options) you'll be able to respond to Zone Alarm's message but unfortunately it seems to be a real pain if you run Neocron fullscreen. The best answer may be to use an alternative free firewall.

N

Selendor
26-11-03, 16:57
Originally posted by Nidhogg
That sounds like a problem with the latest version of Zone Alarm. If you run in Windowed mode (hold shift when starting the game to get access to the graphics options) you'll be able to respond to Zone Alarm's message but unfortunately it seems to be a real pain if you run Neocron fullscreen. The best answer may be to use an alternative free firewall.

N

On my system after every patch Zonealarm does indeed lock the system while it asks for permission for the 'changed' Neocron program. It seems random however, whether this promt comes up in the foreground or the background. When it come up in the background I've had some fun trying to guess where the mouse is so I can approve it. Even if it fails and you have to restart, I think you can get into the approval list of zonealarm and manually give rights to Neocron (executable is called client.exe or something bland like that). This might not be your problem though.

CarniFlex
26-11-03, 17:07
with this latest patch ive had smoother login/logoff, and less fatals than usual, even some where i felt the system locking up but went back to normal again without crashing.

Wellard
26-11-03, 17:24
That sounds like a problem with the latest version of Zone Alarm. If you run in Windowed mode (hold shift when starting the game to get access to the graphics options) you'll be able to respond to Zone Alarm's message but unfortunately it seems to be a real pain if you run Neocron fullscreen. The best answer may be to use an alternative free firewall.

Thanx Nidd, although I don't use Zonealarm (I use Norton cos it was free and I get free updates for a year) your response reminded me of what happened a couple of patches ago...........

I already told Norton to allow NC to connect to the internet twice (once for when I double click the icon and once for when I click Play Neocron in the launcher) but I just remembered that I have to delete all the old rules in Norton and set up another cos it warns u a 3rd time when I enter my account pass etc. This is what is locking my PC up (cos its an old donkey that needs scrapping!)

I thought I'd post this incase it helps someone else with the same prob!

Thanx again Nidd, u pwn all and I don't believe what everyone says about u!!!!!!!! :D

Wellard
26-11-03, 17:26
Dammit, gotta wait to get home from work now until I can find out if this works or not :rolleyes:

Nerf work :D

Cant wait to see all the new patch in action ;)

Edit: Like Nidd said, I gotta run in windowed mode so I can reply to Nortons 3rd warning!!! My old dog of a PC cant handle it! :rolleyes:

MayhemMike
26-11-03, 18:09
i got an ATI card, its always been hella buggy with NC

solling
26-11-03, 18:19
i agree with anna (strangely :P) i had a lot less fre and crashed after this patch beforte i had like 10 fres a day etc yestoday i had 2

MayhemMike
26-11-03, 18:38
Another thing,i've been geting about 30 seconds syncs, and loads of stuck in syncs when i log in then a fatal...

Spoon
26-11-03, 19:19
Another thing,i've been geting about 30 seconds syncs, and loads of stuck in syncs when i log in then a fatal...

I've been getting long sync's(20 seconds) for a couple of months now.
I think it has to do with my internet connection.

I get these kind of errors in the Error Log:
WINSOCKMGR : Bind recv socket HostIP 0, Addr:-788664552, Port:6000
WINSOCKMGR : Bind send socket HostIP 0, Addr:-788664552, Port:6001
@WSOUNDRSCMGR: Get Ref Failed : Index not found I:0 S:4
@WSOUNDRSCMGR: Get Ref Failed : Index not found I:0 S:4

My point to this post is, to tell you to delete all your Error and Callstack logs and run the game till you start FRE'ing, then check the logs and see what they say.....
You may want to do the same with the D3DDrv.log

MayhemMike
26-11-03, 21:25
sigh, the thing that i hate most is the 30 seconds syncs.