PDA

View Full Version : Extensive crashing wile fighting certain clans....

Lafiel
26-11-03, 00:04
Well in the last fight i was in half my clan crashed not once but twice.... didnt seem like any of the other clan crashed... (no im not accusing anyone of cheeting) could it be possible that you have a higher chance of crashing wile fighting certain people in certain sectors? I dono i just reall y want this sorted... cause every time my clan fights that other one half our team ends up crashing...

g0rt
26-11-03, 00:08
Originally posted by Lafiel
Well in the last fight i was in half my clan crashed not once but twice.... didnt seem like any of the other clan crashed... (no im not accusing anyone of cheeting) could it be possible that you have a higher chance of crashing wile fighting certain people in certain sectors? I dono i just reall y want this sorted... cause every time my clan fights that other one half our team ends up crashing...

I think your entire clan needs to fix thier computers. They all have bugged computers, thats why you all crash. :rolleyes:

Lethys
26-11-03, 00:11
I'm pretty sure GMs can't make people crash, if that's what you're implying.........

Also it might have something to do with the amount of people fighting. Lots of people in one zone = lots of lag + crashes

Lafiel
26-11-03, 00:15
(no im not accusing anyone of cheeting)

and no we all have descent macines

Det0x
26-11-03, 00:27
maybe its the bad spelling?

Furion
26-11-03, 00:34
didnt seem like any of the other clan crashed...

how do u know that?

(no im not accusing anyone of cheeting) '

dude, thats exactly what u r. jesus christ the paranoia.
and btw, wasnt it u who made this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82930) thread earlier? :rolleyes:

Cyphor
26-11-03, 04:02
You're prob just not seeing the other clans crash but if its a prob server-side and not with your pc's then it will be happening :)

KramerTheWeird
26-11-03, 07:55
I remember crashing 5-6 times in one battle against SS. There was also universal lag spikes that happened with everyone. Damn besides that crashing we had hell of a time. Stuff like that happens, it's not a good idea to associate it with a clan however, as you can never know for certain and it's not right to accuse without evidence anyway.

Wannabe
26-11-03, 09:43
I've personally crashed on op wars vs. SS, vs. DarK, vs. NDA, vs. SXR and so on. I have a pretty decent computer and I don't think another player could make your client crash.

I think it's the a lot of players in the same zone + lag + FRE's that make you crash.

If by crashing you mean FRE'ng, then I do that in PvM and while zoning sometimes :-o

Have you tried recently defraggin' your harddisks and doing a clean install of NC? If not, I'd suggest you do that.

Of course, save the patches forlder before you uninstall so you don't need to download all the patches again.

// Wannabe

L0KI
26-11-03, 09:51
Originally posted by Furion
how do u know that?

'

and btw, wasnt it u who made this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82930) thread earlier? :rolleyes:

ROFL. Pwnd.

Fear the GM's and their CRASH button

LVirus
26-11-03, 10:02
Certain psi spells did this in the past, who says they don't do it now?

Not saying anything :p

Lafiel
26-11-03, 19:58
Originally posted by Furion
how do u know that?

'

..... dont talk..

Psyco Groupie
26-11-03, 20:00
are all the people who crash on teamspeak/ventrillo ?

Lafiel
27-11-03, 04:38
yea

but i was on ventrilo too and i didnt crash once

Spectra260
27-11-03, 05:46
actually, GM's have the power to cut your connection to the game, making it so you have to relog, but all it does is make you lag out, it doesnt give you an actualy FRE.

this happend to kidwithstick a few times on saturn when the GM's were doing a "tank only" NF fight, he kinda thought it was lame so he showed up with his APU, he was kicked out of the server 3 times, and then threatend to be temp banned:rolleyes:

so yea....its possible for GM's to make you have to relog

LVirus
27-11-03, 08:43
Originally posted by Spectra260
actually, GM's have the power to cut your connection to the game, making it so you have to relog, but all it does is make you lag out, it doesnt give you an actualy FRE.

this happend to kidwithstick a few times on saturn when the GM's were doing a "tank only" NF fight, he kinda thought it was lame so he showed up with his APU, he was kicked out of the server 3 times, and then threatend to be temp banned:rolleyes:

so yea....its possible for GM's to make you have to relog

Ouchie. I remember in beta3 when we teamed up in Plaza2 (Now aggie cellars and stuff are there) and teased some high level developer there with throwing booze around him and all over place (Back then, that ment server is going to crash in a minute or so). So we did this and that Dev dude starts delling bottles .. I ran past him and suddenly everyone vanishes around me. I'm all alone in the night. Took me 5 min to relog but when I got back, that Dev dude said to me that he accidently "deleted" me from world and apologised. That was cool stuff tought :D

Gotterdammerung
27-11-03, 09:08
Posts like this try to do one thing, imply in a veiled way that because someone or some clan was on the losing end of a fight that they blame on lag, the opposition must have some corrupt GM on their side lagging everyone out or they use soem H4X. The servers lately have been suffering some lag, but thats for everyone, not just some specific few and frankly GM's have much better things to do then to jeopardize their positions over some op fight.

Now, if you think you have some kind of proof that there is misconduct on a players or GM's part I suggest you send it to abuse@neocron.com, posting baseless allegations here will only lead to one end.