PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to Servers -- Does anybody else have this problem?

BelPeeWee
25-11-03, 22:42
Whenever I log in to the game -- entering my username/password always takes two tries. Even with my first trial account in February or March.

Is there something that I need to change on my end to fix this? Or does this happen to everybody...

Imformation that may be helpfull...but I doubt it.
I live in New York and am using an aDSL connection.

Any (positive) feedback is appreciated. ^.^

\\Fényx//
25-11-03, 23:46
my old router used to give me the same shit, have you got any firewalls or routers running ?

NeoChick
26-11-03, 00:20
I am running two computers, and one of them is choc a block so there is hardly any memory left on it.
With my main computer I never have that problem but at the same time I have the problems you describe with the computer that has little memory left.
So could it be a memory problem?

BelPeeWee
26-11-03, 01:38
I am running a router. I disabled my firewall because I couldn't connect to any Counter-Strike servers with it running... so no, No firewall.

This machine has 768 MB of RAM -- earlier this year I had 128 MB, so the Memory upgrade didn't help me at all...

Jest
26-11-03, 01:43
Originally posted by BelPeeWee
Whenever I log in to the game -- entering my username/password always takes two tries. Even with my first trial account in February or March.

Is there something that I need to change on my end to fix this? Or does this happen to everybody...

Imformation that may be helpfull...but I doubt it.
I live in New York and am using an aDSL connection.

Any (positive) feedback is appreciated. ^.^ This only happens to me when I am switching between my two different accounts. Are you just using one account?

BelPeeWee
26-11-03, 03:16
Yes, only one account. ^^
I have found that if I cancel the first attempt after about five seconds and try again ... it usually works.