PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 2 Installation Error, Some Help Me Plz.

nobby
25-11-03, 20:40
hi, i borrowed max payne 2 off a friend of mine but when install it, it goes half way then comes up with

Component: Main
File Group: Main
File: E:\data2.cab
Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

this worked fine on my mates computer

i have a windows xp, can anyone help me?

Vampire222
25-11-03, 20:41
WAREZ..

copy the cd to some dir on your harddisk, then point the installer there when asking for it

nobby
25-11-03, 21:00
thanks man:)

nobby happy now hehe:lol:

icarium
25-11-03, 21:48
just make sure you assign a quick key to save and load. i recommend saving every, ooooh, ten seconds?

without the quicksave that would be the worst game ever

nobby
25-11-03, 22:02
damn, i tried what u said, to copy it to my comp and it came up with the same message again, its saying something about data2.cabanet
what should i do?

VictorKruger
25-11-03, 22:06
i had this happened before, and after the third attempt, it worked.

i think its some random error, if the cd isn't read just the right way it throws that error out to you.

nobby
25-11-03, 22:11
ive tried over 47 times!
i looked on the max payne 2 help screen and it said:

Q: I get an CRC error during installation OR
Q: The system crashes during the installation with the error "the file c:\program files\max payne2\MP2_*.ras doesn't match the file in the setup's cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted: contact your software vendor."
Try disabling DMA on your CD-ROM drive. Here is how:

Go to Start\Settings\Control Panel
Double-click the System icon in the System Properties dialog box.
Select the Device Manager tab. Click the + plus sign next to the cd-rom icon.
Double-click the icon for your cd-rom drive.
Click the Settings tab and de-select the DMA check box in the Options panel. Click Ok twice.
You probably will have to restart your computer after doing this.

i have an xp home machine so i cant do really what its talking about, well i can, but icant find the DMA thingy

nobby
25-11-03, 22:27
tell me how to insert pictures into threads and ill show u the message what i get

Nidhogg
25-11-03, 23:49
Discussing other games is one thing but asking for support is another. Please go to the Max Payne forums for support on their product. Thanks.

N