PDA

View Full Version : Slots and mods for drones?

Lanigav
25-11-03, 17:34
One things that's always bugged me about drones is that they're the only weapon on the game that doesn't have any mods or slots, yet they're the weapons with the highest TL non-rares. I haven't gotten high enough to use the PB drones or the rares yet, but I shudder to think how much skill you need to get decent damage and frequency off of them with such low construction quality caps.

So why not allow drones to be built with slots? That way we can up the stats and get more out of them, which will especially come in handy while hunting mobs because of the low damage and rate of fire. Give them the same type of mods as the PSI ones, with one for damage, 3 for small damage and medium range/frequency/handling, and 3 for only range/frequency/handling.

J. Folsom
25-11-03, 17:38
As I've said before...

AARGH!!! PLEASE, BY THE GODS, NO!!!

With this, I mean to say that you'd probably need the slotted drones to be viable in combat, and it's already difficult to find people to build/research a bunch of PN's as it is, needing to make about twice as many just to get them slotted would probably just end up being fatal blow to a class already near death...

Of course, I'm quite certain no one agrees with my viewpoints on this matter, but that's how it is.

Lanigav
25-11-03, 17:41
Well, here's the way I see it.

Have things stay the way they are now, and have shitty damage and rate of fire for every drone.

Allow slots and mods, and have a few drones that have better damage and rate of fire than others, with some non slotted ones to fall back on in an emergency.

gizmojack
25-11-03, 17:46
Heres my opinion.

No slots. Cause drones get Lost/Destroyed/Stuck so often.
Drones like PN have such a freakin high TL. I'll go nuts trying to get slots for it, only to see it get blown up in the next OP war.

Solution ->

1) Increase damage on all drones.
2) OR Give all drones 1 permernant slot each, so I can mod it with a diff damage type and surprise my enemy.

Wannabe
25-11-03, 17:55
Like Gizmojack said, drones tend to blow-up a lot. Like what would you do if you'd get, say, a 5 slotted REVENGE and then you use it up. Would piss you off a lot I'd say.

There's been a suggestion of a "drone launcher", a tool that would take BPs of drones and weapon parts for ammo and the tool itself would be slottable. So you build yourself a nice 5-slotted "drone launcher" and then mod it so it has high damage etc. and use it to launch your drones.

It would be a partitial solution for this "bad stats / no slots" problem with drones.

// Wannabe

Lanigav
25-11-03, 17:58
Oooo...I like that drone launcher idea. Would it be possible to impliment though? That and I figure it would be rather heavy to lug around all those weapon parts, especially since its hard as nails to get strength as a droner.

Wannabe
25-11-03, 19:03
Best way to cap droner spy's STR is to run.. yes, missions!

The second best way is to be in a clan that is holding an factory and build psi-booster 3's there. It also gets your INT, DEX and STR. It will take a ****load of boosters to cap your STR but atleast your it's kinda cheap and you also can sell those booster stacks you made.

// Wannabe

Lanigav
25-11-03, 19:55
Best way to cap droner spy's STR is to run.. yes, missions!

As much as I'd love doing approximately a thousand missions to cap strength....

I might just LOM to rifle or pistol for a bit and then resume droning once I get my con and str up.

Wannabe
25-11-03, 20:41
My previous droner (not the current one) started as a rifle spy. After capping STR, CON and PSI and having high INT and DEX, I lommed to drones.

Kinda odd as a TL93 PainEaser does the same damage to 80/80 mobs as TL116 Particle Nemesis :\

The construction quality caps of the drones should be either removed or upped to same percentages as normal TL items (TL101 quality cap is 88% or 86% IIRC)

// Wannabe

JiNxY
25-11-03, 21:03
does more damage at a much higher ROF ;)

yeh a slot on every drone would be one idea.

i cant see any new drone system, like the launcher, ever coming into effect, its just 2 big a change... :/

is it possible to cap a player made PN? 80% quality?
NO its not, i have every drone imp, and every single point of DEX in RCL.. capped dex of course..
when this next patch comes out we should be getting a boost to our imps, hopefully then it will be possible to cap a PN, of course you still have to be mega gimped just to do about 12 extra damage to a WBT (about 3 to a runner heh).

Velvet
26-11-03, 09:52
About droning:
See sig....

gizmojack
27-11-03, 18:59
Originally posted by Velvet
About droning:
See sig....

@Velvet

Unfortunately, theres not even a hint as to what this "special feature" is :rolleyes:

Whatever it is, I hope its something that will make us harder to spot OR increase the damage on drones.

Lanigav
28-11-03, 05:08
Making it so you can't see a players name while a drone is out would be a good way to hide us without really "hiding" us.

JiNxY
28-11-03, 07:10
id love it if drones could zone :D

Wannabe
28-11-03, 07:23
I can say it's a pain to level a droner when you just HAVE to use shop-bought drones. Quality poor and stats 23% all-around is just... BAD!

Oh well, let's talk about droner setups shall we ^^

Been thinking of this:

INT 100 -- IMP 101 (+glove) rest in WPW
DEX 100 -- AGL 76 -- TC for Stealth 2 -- VHC 25 -- Rest in RCL
CON 40 -- ATH 76 -- END 20 -- rest in HLT
STR 40 -- Transport 105
PSI 20 -- uber TL3 heal

What do you think?

// Wannabe

BaDDaSS
28-11-03, 08:19
With my droner i went all the way with WPW, helps a lot. you can hide your body on the other side of the zone :)

MkVenner
28-11-03, 09:01
Thats practicly my setup on Kraven, cept i got const instead of imp so i can make my Drones, nd atm i git TL75 Repair

Heavyporker
28-11-03, 19:05
I strongly, strongly disagree on slots and mods for drones. Simply, NOT workable.

Now, higher quality caps for both store-bought and player-made drones, THAT would work better.

Darth Slayer
28-11-03, 19:30
How about the Particle series of drones being able to shoot throu all types of Shelter and deflector. Suddenly we will again have a mission in life. Also make the the beam drones Xray damage.
There problem solved........:D