PDA

View Full Version : Hello

omega666
25-11-03, 17:27
Hi im new im on the trial account atm, just came from planetside. Is this game worth getting? And is it some kind of rpg i haven't played it yet because im still downloading, damn fileplanet!

ZoneVortex
25-11-03, 17:29
this game is very sexy with a promising patch just released to fix some bugs in the code, which mind you DO EXIST! as they do in all MMOs ;)

but, er, yes, best MMO in my opinion.

Zanathos
25-11-03, 17:30
Best MMOG of its type.

The only other MMOG like it is Star WarsGalaxies and when it comes out in febuary, Face of Mankind.

Stigmata
25-11-03, 17:30
level up then take part in the pvp, it will not dissapoint.

mind you it will probably take you a while to level without help from someone who is experieced

El_MUERkO
25-11-03, 17:32
We bitch and we moan but we're all addicted, think of Neocron as somewhere between the gaming styles SWG and Planetside.

Noob warning, keep your LE chip in so you can learn the game without getting killed by PKers.

Start a runner in a city based faction or you'll be lonely.

ElfinLord
25-11-03, 17:33
Welcome to your new life!!!! :p

Neocron rocks!!!!! :D:D:D

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 17:35
yeah - you will see threads bitchin here - but theck the date we joined

<=== over there

we have been here ages, althoug we bitch, this is the best there is!

welcome

oh and to put it into perspective i used to play:

UO
AO
DAOC (euro)
DAOC (US)
EQ
PS (Beta only)

and a few lesser known games

and this is where i hang out now :p

Xylaz
25-11-03, 17:37
And is it some kind of rpg ?
Definitely NO...

but yeah, uhm, it's probably best MMOG out there... I guess it's just my bad luck i'm more interested in MMORPGS...

Mirco
Hey man. Been on for over a year now. I got my share of bitches and moans on this forum, but thats just because I care so much for neocron. Its really great. You can get PvP worthy fairly quick and have alot of fun and bursts of anger. Remember to check in on the newb forum and read up a bit. It is a requirement if you want to get quickly into the game. And perhaps its best to start on saturn where there are more people. Pluto can be a bit hard as newb with little or no contacts when you need things made and researched. If you want to play a english server that is.

superfresh
Aye. Dump your girlfriend, disconnect your phone, stock up on frozen food.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 17:41
Originally posted by superfresh
Aye. Dump your girlfriend, disconnect your phone, stock up on frozen food.

and pot noodles!

oh and some kind of drink is recommended (alcoholic if poss)

Candaman
25-11-03, 17:41
say goodbye to sleep

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 17:43
i go to bed intime for 2 hours sleep a day... thats regular at least :p

Original monk
25-11-03, 17:57
IF you dislike: sex, violance, rp, sex, drugs, strippers, pvp, sex, rareweapons, rarechips and sex

Then DONT play this game ;)

If you like to be absorbed in a new virtual experience wich you can keep playing non stop and wich keeps you addicted (as in addicted to crack) then DO play this game fo sure :P

with other words: yes its worth it buying neocron and discover this completely new virtual world ....

some points of advice:

-in the beginning it looks complicated: dont let yourself be fooled, everyone goes true this (i mean all the menu's, the items, the skills, the traderskills and ffcourse the hunting rats, roaches and spiders to start out :P) after a while you dont want anything else no more lol :P

- never be ashamed to ask for help, here on the forum or ingame, like 99% of the people will help you out the best they can :) no kidding

- HAVE FUN PLAYING , its a GREAT game, STILL :)

:angel:

omega666, cu later online i hope, and welcome to the game and the forums (saturn is tha ultra server btw, hehe ;-O )

NeoChick
26-11-03, 00:36
Chose NC and it will be your best decision for a long time to come, forget about SWG and Planetside! because as soon as you get into NC you will know why we all love it so much

We bitch, ok, but heck I bitch at my dogs and kids as well but I still love them!

-FN-
26-11-03, 00:45
Welcome to Neocron :)

Everyone else is pretty much covering the main points. Say goodbye to many other game :) Say hello to occasional frustration :)

To be honest tho, the reason you see the bitching threads and the bug complaints is because deep down, we all care about and love this game so damned much. I've played other games, something crashes or I find a bug, generally I don't care enough about the game or am involved in it enough to say something. In NC, if you crash you get pissed because hey, NC isn't a game anymore, it's a lifestyle :(

So yeah, come to Pluto and I will give you 500k in starter cash if you mail FuckNut :D

greploco
26-11-03, 06:00
welcome. Saturn generally has the highest server populations.

there is a lot going on here with the forums, peopel who have played a long time, etc. so I would guess that for a new player it must seem like some exess noise. if that's true, just forget all that

explore, enjoy the game, and have fun

and ask for help - once you let someone know that you are a true noob people are generally very helpfull

LVirus
26-11-03, 10:33
Originally posted by greploco
welcome. Saturn generally has the highest server populations.

Saturn, stop stealing Pluto people! You got enuf already :(

Come to play @ Pluto. It's most best and chilled server. More mature people there than in Saturn :D :rolleyes:

L0KI
26-11-03, 11:39
Welcome dude!

I played PS on Werner server for a long time, and i recommended to half of the platoon that they come to NC :)

Ive been playing NC for 14 months now, still not bored.

It really is THAT good.

Oh, but dont expect to PvP straight away

Maarten
26-11-03, 11:46
The topic is starter is unable to reply. He already has been consumed by the world of Neocron... :D