PDA

View Full Version : Aren't Neocron politics so very similar to real life issues?

WebShock
25-11-03, 16:50
So there is this new uproar about the ppu kami hybrid that New Dawn is currently tweaking.

I got to thinking, isn't this the what is happening between Korea and the US as it is.

Here you have the US, thousands of nuclear warheads that if lauched can obliterate Korea to a similar state that the Neocron world is at.

Then you have Korea, who don't really have nuke capability but just recently decided they were gonna piss the US off hardcore and restart their nuclear research and start making weapons grade plutonium.

YIKES!!!

Trying to keep this discussion from getting too political, I'll flip the table around for a bit.

The US has an initiative to make a ballistic missle shield that will intercept any missle shot at it. (WHOA doesnt that sound like the radioactive barrier protecting NC and TH?)

Well this has all of the US enemies going nuts. This is what Korea is using for justification to restart their nuclear program, saying that the US will get a big head and will blow them to kingdom come since they are virtually inpenetrable, making them invicible, the same for the Russians who formally got their asses handed to them in the Cold war.

Whats my point?
You have players who want the hybrid reborn due to the advantage it gives them, but they justify the balance by saying that it's fun to solo a grim chaser or what the case. Knowing damn well that the whole point is to wipe their ass with your dead corpse as they sex you and your burning flesh reeks of holy lightning burn.
So, to prevent my pure apu ass from becoming ashes from that hybrids fire apoc, since I have no holy shelter to solo pvp him with, I rally against the hybrid.

I just think how crazy and similar these 2 situations are. You can actually use this neocron debate to understand why there is so much conflict in the world. Both sides are so passionate about the advantage they hold, or are trying to attain that it causes huge conflict.

Crazy how human psychology makes us so confrontational. When you think about it in the long run, it's funny how a simple game can help you understand why Korea wants to restart the nuclear arms race.

BTW, I'm american ;)

Oath
25-11-03, 16:53
Originally posted by WebShock
Nice Point

But there's no discussion of any political nads on forums lol, nids kinda religous about it :p

Lord Mansion
25-11-03, 17:02

BTW, I'm american ;)

I would never have guessed.

Chaplin
25-11-03, 17:11
I got to thinking, isn't this the what is happening between Korea and the US as it is.

No.

Parker
25-11-03, 17:16
Actually - I suspect China provides far more justification for North Korea to resume its weapons programmes than the USA.

(Why do "Mericans always think it's about *them*)

JP

Mirco
25-11-03, 17:16
That Kim Jong-Il is a devious man. He spends all his countrys money on military and probably elite government officials and when it goes to hell with the rest of the country he decides to blackmail USA for money. Also he just want to sign a agreement just with the USA so he can use the same tactic against other states.

Kim inherited from North-Korea from his dad. How sick is that? Here son, I`m soon gonna be dead, take my country, do with it as you please.

On 60 minutes they said that North Korea has the highest count of special forces in the world.

Edit: Oh im not american

Parker
25-11-03, 17:20
> Kim inherited from North-Korea from his dad. How sick is that? Here son, I`m soon gonna be dead, take my country, do with it as you please.

Errr Norway has a King right? ....

:-)

JP

Original monk
25-11-03, 17:20
dont be afraid hehe, what tells you that KK doesnt nerf the "new kind" of hybrids ? :)

+ the latest patches arent in yet, im curious about em :)

ezza
25-11-03, 17:28
ok i got as far as the first line where you said there was a up roar over kami hybrids.

umm well i dont see no up roar tbh, i know you have issues, but if there killable there is no issue, and after speaking to Eled on IRC last night id say they are killable so no issue there.

as for politics, im BD, allied with TG and FA(both enemies) while i kill TT(neutral) so hows that for fun politics.

Edit: you will have to becareful on the politics front as Niddy will be along to pwn this thread

Mirco
25-11-03, 17:29
Originally posted by Parker
> Kim inherited from North-Korea from his dad. How sick is that? Here son, I`m soon gonna be dead, take my country, do with it as you please.

Errr Norway has a King right? ....

:-)

JP

Yea we do, but he has no political power worth mentioning. Also we have had the concept of democracy since we gained our independence in 1814. The new king was only brought into norway for reasons of moral and tradition mostly. I like to think its a bit different from North Korea ;). Anyways in my mind the monarchy is no longer needed and it has been that way for many years, but tradition....

El_MUERkO
25-11-03, 17:40
The new hybrids are no where near as effective as the old style hybrids and can get chewed up by a small team of runners who use there heads, 1 on 1 a Spy or PE can stealth out of range and a tank can can surrive the damage and deal some of his own.

The only place I've seen a hybrid kick arse is in PP1 where alot of syncing was involved hin keeping him alive.

At OP wars an APU/PPU team versus 2 hybrids, the APU/PPU team will most lwin.

Nidhogg
25-11-03, 17:44
There will be no discussion based on a national, political, religious, sexual or ethnical nature.I'll leave it open for now as long as you restrict your political discussion to Neocron. Any further RL discussion will result in this thread being closed.

N

WebShock
26-11-03, 18:18
thats why i got quiet nid.

i was making a comparison and trying to share this new outlook on how the game brought new understanding to world affairs.

There really is no point in making a debate on
UK>US
or
US<UK
or
US>world
or
J3ff K>all

it's irrelevant. I saw how people tried to entice me into some big real world political thread that would just get closed.

My intent was to share how this game made me... more elightened to why things are the way they are in the world.
I dont like to get into real life politics, all that comes out of it, especially in this forum is a bunch of flames and passionate responses.

I work closely to real world politics, I dont need that spilling over onto my recreational life too.

No need to respond and feel free to close the thread if you so choose to. I see that everyone is quick to push forward their opinions on real world politics and completely overlook what the point was.
It was a homeage to this game helping me understand why other nations make the decisions they do, and how they look suicidal from the opposite standpoint.

Archeus
26-11-03, 20:43
Actually the politics makes NC more fun, especially if you play the politics game well.

But it does open your eyes to "Who can be right" in a situation. (Check out "The revolution will not be televised" documentry (http://www.chavezthefilm.com/html/home.htm)). It allows you to see how control is created by perception and media.

Take TG vs City for example. Although TG isn't as strong as it once was there was a time on Pluto on when TG was a serious force. They defended/protected and attacked with a vengance. Of course to city folk everyone in TG were 'assholes' but truth be told the city folk were as bad if not worse in some instances in the game but because they are portrayed as the good guys they can do no wrong.

Most if not all of TG were no better/worse then city people. If anything I found my time in TG (at that time) people were more together as a community as they were basically treated as everyones bitch as no one could go against the higher level characters who would attack the city.

LVirus
27-11-03, 09:20
Most of time I find that politics and stuff that goes ingame (Pluto, naturally) is really a reflection of a real life stuff. Because we all are humans and we act like our nature tells us -- we do same politics, attacking, roaming etc we do in real life. But thats just fun because we all can take part of it and make difference. We all know that in real life, your vote means nothing because politics don't listen to us :D

Stigmata
27-11-03, 11:27
ewww New Dawn and their secret research facilities out at nemesis lab, creating the uber hybrid.

Soon we will have an army of hundreds of Kami hybrids reaping the life from those who oppose us....muhahaha

Richard Slade
27-11-03, 11:50
Originally posted by stigmata
ewww New Dawn and their secret research facilities out at nemesis lab, creating the uber hybrid.

Soon we will have an army of hundreds of Kami hybrids reaping the life from those who oppose us....muhahaha

And NC will just close all exits AGAIN,
send out the biggest amount of STORMies u've ever seen
And smack TG into oblivion
fun over *hehe*