PDA

View Full Version : Comcast

superfresh
25-11-03, 16:26
Ok, so my Comcast broadband provider went down a week ago. They only service from 8-5 weekdays and Saturdays. I couldn't get anyone to fix it for me during the week without taking time off from work, and the designated technician decided he was going to make his housecall at 8:30 Saturday morning (he gave me an 8 hour time frame, no specific appointment.) Needless to say I was "unavailable".

It was suggested to me by a friend that asking to be credited for the time I have been down would NOT be appropriate compensation. His reasoning was that there are other online services, some of which I pay for (e.g. NC), that I am deprived of. The inability to use Comcast broadband has kept me from Neocron, online banking, email, and so on, so I should get MORE than simply what I would have been paying Comcast. I'm inclined to agree with him. He thinks I should be given a free month or something. I'm normally not too good with confrontation but I'm kinda angry now. Whatcha think?

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-11-03, 16:29
that's what lawyers are for ;)

but if you dont know the laws and the clauses in your contract, then it is not worth your time. I say if you got the balls to do it, give em a call and say your demands. using the old "ill cancel" threat is allways a good ploy.

go for it ;)

retr0n
25-11-03, 16:29
i have had som experience with that with my previous isp, and it
all comes down to what the contract says, in my case it was something
like: "we do not offer any compensation for downtime due to technical issues"...

so needless to say, i didn't get shit for the 2 weeks it took the wankers
to replace the server

edit: didn't stop me from trying, so go for it :D

//Radium

Candaman
25-11-03, 17:00
from the amount of profit that these companies make then they allow customer services to give out free months here and there no questions asked jsut but a bitch and sock it to em and give them no choice

ZoneVortex
25-11-03, 17:03
yeah check the contract most likely it'll say that you're not entitled to any compensation for server downtime or technical downtime, just like the NC contract states

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-11-03, 17:06
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
yeah check the contract most likely it'll say that you're not entitled to any compensation for server downtime or technical downtime, just like the NC contract states

imagine if the neocron contract did not have that in it :p haha

hudsonbeck
25-11-03, 17:14
Why not tell everyone why you were "unavailable" at 8:30am Saturday morning:D

Seems as though Superfresh had a little too much to drink with Hudson and was out cold:D

Anyway,
I deal with this stuff all the time. There will be no confrontation. The only think you need to do is tell them what you want. I have found that the majority of the time people get upset but don’t tell the company/person what will make them happy. I am sure they will give you a free month of service.... remember, they are competing with Bellsouth for customers, and your roommate already has DSL, it would be way to easy for them to lose another customer to DSL. I assure you that they will be more than happy to give you at least one month. I personally would go for two;)

Hudson

superfresh
25-11-03, 17:15
Originally posted by hudsonbeck
Why not tell everyone why you were "unavailable" at 8:30am Saturday morning:D

Seems as though Superfresh had a little too much to drink with Hudson and was out cold:D

Damn. Busted.

...regardless, an eight hour time frame on a Saturday is ridiculous. If they had said 8:30 to begin with, I would've been waiting at 8:30, not anticipating a visit some time between 8 and 5. That's lame.