PDA

View Full Version : Patch 192 Facts

Thanatos
25-11-03, 15:28
Patch Notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=414&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Please keep this thread free of discussions, use this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82960).

Tickles
25-11-03, 17:28
One mission bring -14SL up to -12SL. I have yet to accidently kill another npc before i test what it does past -16SL :D

El Farid GR works fine now so the Underground there is open again. Queen doesn't spawn still though.

DrNarf
25-11-03, 19:24
On the new map, the colours don't cover the ops hawkings and avenger.

faction screenie (http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/7/mapscreenie21.jpg)
pro/anti ca screenie (http://www.waaazup.com/p/uploads/7/mapscreenie1.jpg)

Other than that, nice patch. :)

Cypher_Psy
25-11-03, 19:29
Fact:: The faction logo's are missing from the cityterm from the upper left window.

Odin
25-11-03, 19:47
No chit chat please. This thread is specifically for Codi to look into any problems that result out of the patch. Please use the discussion thread for general chat.

FirestarXL
25-11-03, 19:57
As first spotted by s0apy in the discussion thread, "Twilight Guardian" is spelled "Twighlight Guardian" on the (awesome) new worldmap.

DigestiveBiscui
25-11-03, 20:17
Originally posted by FirestarXL
As first spotted by s0apy in the discussion thread, "Twilight Guardian" is spelled "Twighlight Guardian" on the (awesome) new worldmap.

its fine for me

hawkins and avenger are definaatley not marked with colours on the map, and there is a space of colour missing near deveraux (or however u spell it)

Mr Friendly
25-11-03, 21:35
avenger is moved to the west one zone from where it's suppost to be

hawkins & Tyron arent covered by a faction color

[edit] :Dlove the new graphix for the energy & poison halos :D (even though the energy one is from beta 4 :\ )

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-11-03, 22:12
fact: when idle pre patch in my apt I had 90 fps.

when I loged back on after patch I had constant 67 fps.

Im using a radeon 9700 pro and a 3.0 ghz pentium 4 processor, with 512 meg's of ddr 333 ram.

Peeping Tom
25-11-03, 23:38
its not a new bug.. but
after each patch i loose some info on my items.. Like my DEvils Grace dont say how much enr\prc dmg it does, and buffs dont say how much they add inn skills etc
its not on all items but the usaly on items i got on my char.. my gogo seems fine
K4F

Sorin
25-11-03, 23:53
When my clan mate and I walked up to each other in person, we could not see clan tags on each other. It just had our name, faction, and xx/xx ranks. We were talking in clan chat and could see ourselves in the clan listings in city com. But we had no clan tagging when we looked at each other in person.

mehirc
26-11-03, 03:43
The snakes in the grave do more dmg now, dont know if its the poison damage or their bites, maybe both. I was in there between the two patches and i dont think its just my imagination.

\\Fényx//
26-11-03, 03:54
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83059

fatals = a pissed off fenix ...

hinch
26-11-03, 05:34
new battle dome is nice but a few bugs.

1) nav ray nearest generep doesnt pick up th battle dome generep

2) vendors are too close to gether and beds are too close to vendors you cant walk down the middle have to crouch jump over them and the tables to get to the middle people

3) the meshing on the spectator sides of the actual pit its self is abit to othick hard to see action inside the dome. make it outta 2 lots of the barbed wire style stuff ontop of each other to make it a total of 4 high will be much better for spectators.

fatals for me appear to have dropped only had 2 random fatals all night as opposed to he 20 a night i was having before patch.

syncronising screen has something missing too i just cant put my finger on what it is.

Sorin
26-11-03, 06:40
Originally posted by hinch
syncronising screen has something missing too i just cant put my finger on what it is.

Those white line deals that flow up from the bottom of the screen. Latest test server patch got rid of them too. Can't say I miss them. That screen gave me nightmares. I always expect to see a warbot or johnny after it clears.

s0apy
26-11-03, 12:18
Originally posted by hinch
new battle dome is nice but a few bugs.

1) nav ray nearest generep doesnt pick up th battle dome generep

ditto if you use navray in battledome sector to find a gogo - it will take you south to seiger instead.

[edit]
escador oasis still dumps you some distance from the GR, however no longer up in the sky. note that i haven't been to escador in ages, so this may not be a recent thing.

Selendor
26-11-03, 13:02
This may not be related to the patch, so I'm sorry if it was an existing problem:

At an Op war last night, some of the TG (enemy to my CA) were appearing as friendly outlines.

Also, when we changed the turret security during the fight to attack all not in clan, one of the stun traps was pinning me, despite me owning the op.

As I said though, perhaps this is general op bugs from before.

QuantumDelta
26-11-03, 14:11
Although my frame rate hasn't increased, my frame rate stability seems to have improved a little, did that particle change bring more consequences or are there other factors?
Because I'm not ATI o_O

JiNxY
26-11-03, 15:03
- Added server/client checks for "free load" after a "build process" has been completed. Should fix wrong free load after recycling etc.

doesnt work, just tested this.

i started with 12.5 free load
i recycled some junk (and gained 108 psi booster 2's)
i put them into my gogu so i had exactly what i had on me before
and i ended up with -4.4 free load

-FN-
26-11-03, 19:42
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~cmarcera/files/clipping.jpg

Battledome is looking great...
except you can't talk to the vendors by standing in front of the able as I believe was intended.
You can't walk in the blue area without jumping and even then you are hovering 3 feet in the air and get caught on all sorts of invisible clipping planes o_O

I also found out in my search for the print screen button (I had changed it and forgotten) that the = automatically closes NC and goes to the desktop lightning quick... o_O x 2

Vampire222
26-11-03, 21:32
looting stacks, from anything, starts with maximum amount, not mentioned, but will save a lot of newb lifes

Nidhogg
27-11-03, 11:34
As Odin said, this thread is for patch facts only. Suggestions and discussion should be on the discussion thread.

I'm removing all non-fact posts from this thread and will continue to do so from now on.

N

BaDDaSS
27-11-03, 20:59
The frame rates for geforce seem to be higher, yet more jagedy movement :(

s0apy
28-11-03, 00:10
this may or may not be related to the patch, however on 2 succesive occasions today, when running from ceres mine to mcpherson, crossing the zone line caused me to crash to desktop. and each time when i relogged i was in the lift outside my starter appy.

i thought "sod it", and ran from crest village. all fine, no problems crossing the 4 or so zones to get back to mcpherson from crest.

i had a foolish (on my part) accident with several turrets at mcpherson tho, so i had to get poked and go back. this time i went via foster. crossing the zone line at the southern end of the foster zone i crashed again to desktop. this time i was in the midst of a great many y reps and died most hurriedly. i'm guessing i was at the zone reload point (thanks for having all them y reps camping it).

i have done these runs many times during patch 191, but these are the first times since 192.

Krll
28-11-03, 00:40
I was using my Paw of Tiger with my PE to level on some launchers this evening, but instead of the usual combat rank 34, I was stuck with combat rank 12. This remained the same even after relogging. Will let you know if it's still the same tommorow.

-Krll

Scikar
28-11-03, 02:04
Originally posted by s0apy
this may or may not be related to the patch, however on 2 succesive occasions today, when running from ceres mine to mcpherson, crossing the zone line caused me to crash to desktop. and each time when i relogged i was in the lift outside my starter appy.

i thought "sod it", and ran from crest village. all fine, no problems crossing the 4 or so zones to get back to mcpherson from crest.

i had a foolish (on my part) accident with several turrets at mcpherson tho, so i had to get poked and go back. this time i went via foster. crossing the zone line at the southern end of the foster zone i crashed again to desktop. this time i was in the midst of a great many y reps and died most hurriedly. i'm guessing i was at the zone reload point (thanks for having all them y reps camping it).

i have done these runs many times during patch 191, but these are the first times since 192.

There's an edge there which borders on a zone which doesn't exist. I think it's a case of you plan to go south, then west, but the zone south doesn't exist, so you have to go west, then south. I've encountered this before when ferrying people from TG to NC.

JiNxY
28-11-03, 03:07
not sure if this is an old bug or a new one...

but when i goto the TG GR and retreive my backpack (when i already have it) i then cant click on anything it gives me the "you must wait a little longer before you can perform this action" message... i then have to relog

i havent tested it on other GR's yet, but its happened on 3 seperate occassions at TG (and without fail)

Just tested it in Plaza 1, and the same thing happens
bit annoying if your trying to run away and hit the wrong button then your doomed lol

s0apy
28-11-03, 17:44
Originally posted by Scikar
There's an edge there which borders on a zone which doesn't exist. I think it's a case of you plan to go south, then west, but the zone south doesn't exist, so you have to go west, then south. I've encountered this before when ferrying people from TG to NC.

thanks scik. i'd remind the devs though that i was able to replicate warping into my starter appy every time with this bug. given that i'm anti-city and my starter appy is in plaza1, come DoY the ability to do this would be considered an exploit i believe. should be fixed.

Krll
28-11-03, 18:38
Ok, my combat rank is still stuck at 12, even after several zones, relogs and trying different weapons. The only thing which can change it is using a vehicle weapon, but as soon as I stop using it, my rank drops back down to 12.

I think it might have something to do with me using a hack tool since the last patch, but I don't know what.

-Krll

Psycho Killa
29-11-03, 22:38
Using melee with my droner my rank dropped to 0/41 even though i was using a capped tl20 combat knife(It went to rank 2/41 when i used my heal lol). So maybe it has to do with all melee ranks or possibly non tank melee ranks.

Tickles
30-11-03, 11:42
U loose SL for killing enemy faction councillors.

\\Fényx//
30-11-03, 11:51
Originally posted by Tickles
U loose SL for killing enemy faction councillors.

that aint no bug, thats because their GREEN as they count as the same faction as copbots i think, or their CA . . .

Tickles
30-11-03, 11:58
They're CA

COLD
01-12-03, 18:02
If you are buffed and ATL+TAB to desktop for a few seconds and then ALT+TAB back into game, all buffs are gone and it seems that most buffs won't work until you relog. Dunno if this was a pre-existing problem but I just noticed it this weekend

Tickles
01-12-03, 19:23
Originally posted by COLD
If you are buffed and ATL+TAB to desktop for a few seconds and then ALT+TAB back into game, all buffs are gone and it seems that most buffs won't work until you relog. Dunno if this was a pre-existing problem but I just noticed it this weekend

Its new, but even though they've disappeared, u cant rebuff until they would have run out originally, or relog.

Psycho Killa
01-12-03, 20:09
Thats happened to me for as long as I can remember COLD I dont think in every single patch but it used to happen me alot beggining and mid retail.

t0tt3
02-12-03, 01:02
Originally posted by Peeping Tom
its not a new bug.. but
after each patch i loose some info on my items.. Like my DEvils Grace dont say how much enr\prc dmg it does, and buffs dont say how much they add inn skills etc
its not on all items but the usaly on items i got on my char.. my gogo seems fine
K4F

I notice it to but.. its only happends to me when I look at it @ 3rd person view so go back in to your char and look again :p

Peeping Tom
02-12-03, 13:50
Originally posted by t0tt3
I notice it to but.. its only happends to me when I look at it @ 3rd person view so go back in to your char and look again :p
oh ill check again.. im a 3rd view user :P

any one else noticed that the Rite click bug are back ?
i havent had that bug inn ages but i get it frequently now
K4F