PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Patch 192 Discussion

Thanatos
25-11-03, 15:12
This is a code patch only. Other changes on the test server will make it to the retail servers in a later patch.

- The faction screen now displays the own (personal) faction-sympathy in addition to the clan sympathy in parentheses. (Clan members only)
- When an outpost changes owner, the underground now switches to the new owner immediately.
- Outpost security settings are now passed on to the underground "immediately" (within a minute).
- Autowalk works again in QuickChat mode. (Players will still jump while chatting in RPOS mode if the "Movement in RPOS Mode" option is activated!)
- Fixed a bug with duplicate object IDs, responsible for the El Farid GenRep ("You can't reach that!") bug among others.
- Updated several terrain sectors affected by the object ID bug.
- Moved the El Farid GenRep outside the house to fix the bug dropping you at the zone reset point when warping to El Farid.

- Updated worldmap colors.
- The status bar now displays the correct zone name when in an OP underground.
- Fixed serverside damage of the troop carrier cannon.
- Fixed a bug with ATI cards (huge polygons when standing close to objects/players).
- Fixed several bugs in the sound/texture management causing increased memory usage ("Resource still referenced on program exit" error message in error.log)

- Fixed a bug in the graphics resource management causing i.e. distorted graphics in the hacking game.
- Fixed a bug in the engine that could be responsible for crashes that occur when entering specific zones (i.e. Gaia mines).
- Fixed memory leak in the goguardian item management.

- Fixed a bug in the particle code, this will fix i.e. the missing Holy Energy Halo spell effect.
- Fixed a few unnecessary warnings in the error.log.
- Added server/client checks for "free load" after a "build process" has been completed. Should fix wrong free load after recycling etc.
- Characters with Soullight -32 and below now get more SL for completing missions. (Several missions were needed to get +1 SL before).
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to boost their combat rank with tools.
- New world map graphics.

Lexxuk
25-11-03, 15:13
nice, just needs to be sticky :)

/edit - damn, that was quick :D

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:14
sweet... cant wait to get home and log on >.<

Oath
25-11-03, 15:15
Wheeeee PATCH!!!!!!!

Spoon
25-11-03, 15:19
Originally posted by Thanatos
This is a code patch only. Other changes on the test server will make it to the retail servers in a later patch.

- Fixed a bug with duplicate object IDs, responsible for the El Farid GenRep ("You can't reach that!") bug among others.

- Moved the El Farid GenRep outside the house to fix the bug dropping you at the zone reset point when warping to El Farid.

- Fixed a bug with ATI cards (huge polygons when standing close to objects/players).

Thank you very much......

And thx for getting the ATI fix on Retail so quick........

retr0n
25-11-03, 15:19
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to boost their combat rank with tools.

finally no more leechers @ tg caves :D

Stigmata
25-11-03, 15:28
at last moving in the right direction towards qwashing (is that even a word) the bugs

Duder
25-11-03, 15:29
Cant seem to log on the servers....it just says error and thats it..Is it still patching or?

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-11-03, 15:29
omfg patch!

damnit just when I was gonna do some work :p

Oath
25-11-03, 15:31
Fixed a bug that allowed players to boost their combat rank with tools.

*Splutters*

Some people..............heh............eheheh...........eheheheheheh.

Lol, glad its finally fixed lol, certainly was a lame one.

CarniFlex
25-11-03, 15:34
ok what secret nerfs/boosts in this patch, what bout the monkey nerf weve been expecting? guess have to see when i logg on later.

Morris
25-11-03, 15:34

It's been said before, but THANK YOU!

Any plans to do the same with Escador (getting dropped into a troop of DoY bots with 17% synap is less than cool...)?

Wannabe
25-11-03, 15:35
Awww... no drone bugs fixed? Hopefully they will be on the next patch :) *knocks on wood*

Thanks for the ATI fix! Now I can actually play on my friend's computer! And no need to carry my own PC to third floor when I go play on LAN with him :p

// Wannabe

phunqe
25-11-03, 15:36
Nice bugfix list :D

Time to go home from work soon then...

Though I was hoping something in the order of "Boosted melee damage with 999%" ;) :angel:

Good work.

jernau
25-11-03, 15:36
Bug fix patch = :D :D :D :D

stig - quashed ;)

/edit - @wannabe - Drone bug fixes? Dont' be daft. KK never have and never will give a crap about droners.:mad: :(

phunqe
25-11-03, 15:37
Originally posted by jernau
stig - quashed ;)

wth is quashed :)

Squashed? :D

Prodigious
25-11-03, 15:39
when can i join the frickin game?wont let me connect to server :(

MrChumble
25-11-03, 15:39
Nice to see some long standing bugs being squished....shame there isn't a single gameplay update. What happened to the monk changes? Or the 120/120 guards (a very good idea I think most would agree)?
I'm glad I'll be crashing less* and can use the genreps properly, and finally my ATI card won't get me killed because my screen has blanked out. The problem is those weren't the things that irritated...it was the totally shagged class balance I had issues with :(

-Steve

*All MrChumble does is lie around in plaza 1 of course, but my alts will crash less :)

Richard Slade
25-11-03, 15:40
So.. New patch.
Mr fix-alot made buggy smacking big time
anyone feeling better now?
and how does this all work?

jernau
Originally posted by phunqe
wth is quashed :)

Squashed? :D

quash (verb)
to supress, quell, put down, make null and void, annul, invalidate.

Stigmata
stig - quashed

thank you for you guidance old master of wording

jernau
25-11-03, 15:41
Originally posted by stigmata
thank you for you guidance old master of wording

old?

hmm, maybe my ND standards :p

Krll
25-11-03, 15:41
at last moving in the right direction towards qwashing (is that even a word) the bugs

"Quash", "Quashing". It's a word. :) Edit: Damn, beaten to it.

Woohoo! I get to look around on the subway now thanks to the ATI fix!

And I get to go mob hunting with my APC again! :)

-Krll

LVirus
25-11-03, 15:42
Originally posted by retr0n
finally no more leechers @ tg caves :D

Ironically my friend just made a new char in Pluto (His 3rd one) and used this ... feature and asked me to come with him in caves. I went there and made few levels to him and said "I'm too damn tired, I will continue this tomorrow". Little did I knew that they released patch today o_O :rolleyes: :lol:

Poor pal :D :lol:

garyu69
25-11-03, 15:42
w00t

Oath
25-11-03, 15:43
it was made pretty clear that this is a codeonly patch.

The test server changes 'if proving succesful' will be added later.

LVirus
25-11-03, 15:45
- When an outpost changes owner, the underground now switches to the new owner immediately.
- Outpost security settings are now passed on to the underground "immediately" (within a minute).

----

Does this mean that we are once again allowed to turret UG like we was before this stupid forced law came in and said no?

Please say so :angel:

Xizor
25-11-03, 15:47
Great bugfixes! Can never get enough of them can we? ;)

Now we need some balance changes..I think we can afford to wait a little longer though. It is very important that the balance changes is done properly :)

MjukisDjur
25-11-03, 15:48
OMG! Cannot wait to get home and test this out.

What should people complain about if this works and the latest test server patch hit retail? Forum is going to die completely then :lol:

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:48
i would assume so... but i wouldnt do it without an official word lol

phunqe
25-11-03, 15:49
Lol of course... hehe was so convinced of a misspelling ;)

L0KI
25-11-03, 15:54
Originally posted by MjukisDjur

What should people complain about if this works and the latest test server patch hit retail? Forum is going to die completely then :lol:

DoY of course

well, that, or something equally repetetive :rolleyes:

MrChumble
Originally posted by Oath
it was made pretty clear that this is a codeonly patch.

The test server changes 'if proving succesful' will be added later.

pfft, as you can see from my uber post count I don't pay much attention to the forums, I just dabble with the test server. I hope it doesn't take KK too long to decide if they're being successful or not, I want my 120/120 guards in MB :)

SovKhan
Originally posted by MjukisDjur

i highly doubt that. lol

garyu69
25-11-03, 15:55
why put Turrets underground?
surely when the ownership changes then they are not yours then?

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:56
dunno... but just cos i cant think of a reason doesnt mean it should be impossible :p

Candaman
25-11-03, 15:57
Could i get a official answer from a GM/Dev/Mod whether now that the security settings have been changed as they were on test server. I was told that we would be allowed to put turrets back in the UG's now seeing as the settings change over straight away this will imo prevent op spawn camping and also be hella fun when the op is finally hacked with people in the ug.

Oath
25-11-03, 15:58
Originally posted by MrChumble
pfft, as you can see from my uber post count I don't pay much attention to the forums, I just dabble with the test server. I hope it doesn't take KK too long to decide if they're being successful or not, I want my 120/120 guards in MB :)

omfg...............1337 n00b3r.

:lol:

Welcome to your downfall :p

Nidhogg
25-11-03, 15:59
2 threads merged.

N

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 16:01
Originally posted by Candaman
be hella fun when the op is finally hacked with people in the ug.

lol... now that would be fun... FREE QUICKBELTS!

god damn merges while i reply... dont tell me there is no page to reply too... O_o

OMFG nid! you did it twice while i replies... reply/merge !grr! reply/merge again !aaaah!

lol :D

:edit: OMG Oath is almost on 1337

Candaman
25-11-03, 16:04
quickbelts in ug?? not on pluto buddy

Stigmata
25-11-03, 16:04
hmm, maybe my ND standards

i think you mean by....and i know you to be older than my self.....hence old.

Vampire222
25-11-03, 16:06
ohnos its chumble, that red sl stalker....

jernau
25-11-03, 16:13
i think you mean by....and i know you to be older than my self.....hence old.

LOL - touche.

anyway - well OT....

Mirco
25-11-03, 16:14
Erm did we get an ETA when server would be back up?

Nidhogg
25-11-03, 16:19
Please do not spam this thread. You wouldn't want the devs to miss something important when skimming through all the OT discussion now would you?

N

Dubhead
25-11-03, 16:21
Something important like a request when the server will be back up you mean? I happen to be wondering that myself.

Thanatos
25-11-03, 16:22
Servers will be back up in ~45 minutes.

Lexxuk
25-11-03, 16:27
thanny, are you using the new compiler tested on TS or the old MS version?

Thanatos
25-11-03, 16:30
Still using MS. CoDi isn't sure yet whether the other thingie is making any difference yet.

Nidhogg
25-11-03, 16:33
I've checked with SnowCrash and you are now allowed to turret undergrounds. Bear in mind that you will lose those turrets as and when the OutPost is taken by your enemy now. ;)

N

Magemage
25-11-03, 16:34
Yay for the bug fixes.

*pulls cord*
The cow goes "mmoo.....bug patch"

Candaman
25-11-03, 16:42
SWEET thnx nid this is gonna make it a lot more fun now!!!!

Candaman
25-11-03, 16:47
[- Fixed a bug with duplicate object IDs, responsible for the El Farid GenRep ("You can't reach that!") bug among others.

I know this may be quite obvious but does it include the Deveraux UG because that wasn't giving the u can't reach that error but it wasn't zoneing u down to the UG either

my bad double post others don't post fast enough

Wannabe
25-11-03, 16:55
Originally posted by jernau
/edit - @wannabe - Drone bug fixes? Dont' be daft. KK never have and never will give a crap about droners.:mad: :(

Perhaps KK doesn't care about us droners (my third account is a droner btw ;) ) but was it Thanatos or some other GM/Mod/god who said the droner bugs will be fixed soon.

Or then I was just dreaming about another reality :(

// Wannabe

Vampire222
25-11-03, 16:57
use gcc to compile it hahas

zonk
25-11-03, 16:57
Its good to have a buf fix only patch.
About the monk balancing, that needs more time i think.

Cliffraiser
25-11-03, 17:07
wheres my tank rares and my monk nerfes :P, other then that a very nice bugfixing patch as it seems :cool:

Thanatos
25-11-03, 17:12
Servers are going back online as I type this.

Lexxuk
25-11-03, 17:14
stalking you again thanny :D when is the TS going to be made concurrent with the retail server? There is a thread in TS server forum, but no one from KK has answered it (and today would be a good day to make the changes)

Lanigav
25-11-03, 17:26
Anything that fixed El Farid (again) and kills bugs and memory leaks is IMO, an awesome patch.

Can't wait to go in and see if things run better. :)

Psycho_Soldier
25-11-03, 17:28
Wow, is that a record for most bug fixed (if indeed fixed) with 1 patch? Nice job guys. Now all we need is more patches that fix lots of bugs like that :)

deac
25-11-03, 17:35
can we now place turrets in the underground?

BeaNo
25-11-03, 17:38
Alt tabbing on my machine still fecks the gfx *sigh*

Any1 else still having this prob?

boone
25-11-03, 17:39
Originally posted by deac
can we now place turrets in the underground?

yeah nid said that in a earlier post ;=)

Cruzbroker
25-11-03, 17:43
- Fixed several bugs in the sound/texture management causing increased memory usage ("Resource still referenced on program exit" error message in error.log)

Great fix that is, if it is a cause for crashing. I got thosee ALOT...

IceStorm
25-11-03, 18:00
I can finally see the HoverCab line the way I saw it two years ago on my GF2U.

I may cry. :-)

Zanathos
25-11-03, 18:00
Fixed a bug that allowed players to boost their combat rank with tools.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my clan mates did this on Saturn to get his PE almost capped in 6 days :eek:

He suggested that tommorow I do the same trick so i can power level my PPU on Saturn :p

I didnt even realize it was a bug or glitch/exploit. 8|

Odin
25-11-03, 18:02
Originally posted by IceStorm
I can finally see the HoverCab line the way I saw it two years ago on my GF2U.

I may cry. :-)

/me hands IceStorm a tissue.

xenocide
25-11-03, 18:05
Is there any way to download it manually? the auto-downloader takes forever.

Nippa
25-11-03, 18:12
Originally posted by xenocide
Is there any way to download it manually? the auto-downloader takes forever.

ftp://ftp.neocron.com

if thats what u ment :)

Zanathos
25-11-03, 18:29
I look forward to laughing at my clan mate after the bug with combat rank and tools was fixed.

I also look forward to getting home from school and seeing how stable Neocron is now :eek:

Cryotchekk
25-11-03, 18:32
eh, 'ang on, i thought they were gonna nerf dem monks?

REMUS
25-11-03, 18:42
erm.... i dont mind this patch i quite like little bugs fixed but i would rather have some new content or somthing done about monks or ray pistol/rifle clip sizes!

Tratos
25-11-03, 19:00
ahem

new world map = SEX!

its uber

*drools*

~T

Phlith
25-11-03, 19:05
/set jealousy_1 I wish i could just sneak away from school right now and play... :*( only 3 hours...to go.... can't...wait.... kills everyone

Zanathos
25-11-03, 19:08
AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I have 3 hours left of school too! I CANT TAKE IT MUCH LONGER!

FirestarXL
25-11-03, 19:18
I love new content, but it is good to see a bugfix patch.

Didn't notice at first because I had the neocron.ems.ru map installed, but the new world map = WINNAR :D

s0apy
25-11-03, 19:34
i second everyone who said nice things about the new map - it's truely wonderous :).

ps. just one wee problem - twilight guardian is spelt wrong on the new map. or it's spelt wrong everywhere else. anyway - there is an anomoly.

Candaman
25-11-03, 19:40
umm do i need to delete my neocron.ems.ru map in order to see the new map they've just patched in.

Tratos
25-11-03, 19:41
Originally posted by s0apy
i second everyone who said nice things about the new map - it's truely wonderous :).

ps. just one wee problem - twilight guardian is spelt wrong on the new map. or it's spelt wrong everywhere else. anyway - there is an anomoly.

LOLz i just noticed this, will it be fixed for the next patch perhaps?

~T

Whitestuff
25-11-03, 19:45
Originally posted by Candaman
umm do i need to delete my neocron.ems.ru map in order to see the new map they've just patched in.

You need to just move it from the directory it is in. If you like the new map, don't move the neocron.ems.ru map back. :)

Tratos
25-11-03, 20:03
ok it appears its spelled correctly on the new map as it was on the old one, it is also spelled TWIGHTLIGHT on the GR selection, but it appears to be spelled Twilight in other places, which is rite?

~T

msdong
25-11-03, 20:08
Originally posted by Tratos
... it is also spelled TWIGHTLIGHT ...

wasnt that on on the B3 Map too ? its a running gag ..

Krll
25-11-03, 20:18
ok it appears its spelled correctly on the new map as it was on the old one, it is also spelled TWIGHTLIGHT on the GR selection, but it appears to be spelled Twilight in other places, which is rite?

A dictionary might come in handy about now. :)

-Krll

Jest
25-11-03, 20:21

~T Hehe don't expect it to be fixed too soon. We were the Fallen Angles for about the first 8 months of retail. "When Geometry goes bad..."

Magemage
25-11-03, 20:22
I got 3 more hours of college left to, growl hiss.....*twitch* damn this crack....

Tratos
25-11-03, 20:23
i went and looked on dictionary.com actualy, lol

th word twightlight dont exist so it IS spelt wrong on the map, lol or over the centuries they've made the word twightlight o_O lol

~T

Maarten
25-11-03, 20:40

Thanks for this line... I was already afraid you guys had second thoughts about putting my graphics into retail when I saw the patch notes... :)

ModeSix
25-11-03, 21:15
Originally posted by Jest
Hehe don't expect it to be fixed too soon. We were the Fallen Angles for about the first 8 months of retail. "When Geometry goes bad..."

LMAO, I guess that's better than being the Fallen Tetrohedrons

Promethius
25-11-03, 21:19
So we'll be experiencing less FRE's ? hopefully? Guess i got ot wait till i get home.

Eledhbrant
25-11-03, 21:26
Omg I can stand in first person in plaza one and still SEE!

Promethius
25-11-03, 21:28
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
Omg I can stand in first person in plaza one and still SEE!

you couldn't see before?....or are u getting higher fps or something?

Marx
25-11-03, 23:43
the new map is so sexy.

I like how there's now a name to the ocean... Foreshadowing perhaps?

:)

Zu (Pluto)
25-11-03, 23:47
I know the feeling, Eledhbrant. I never could get the hang of third person and it was annoying as anything to go blind every-so-often when something runs behind you. The worst is when I'm poking in Plaza and suddenly a huge influx of casualties GR in. They don't seem to understand how much easier it would be if they stay in the same darn place so I can poke them! They would push me and crowd and I wouldn't be able to see a thing!

You tried the subway yet? The subway was what got me to fall in love with Neocron when I first started but I was horrified when I found I could see nothing when I got in. I told myself - "they'll fix it soon". Scary but I have waited for over an entire year for the subway ride experience! Tonight, I finally took a subway ride during which I could see out of the windows and watch everything whizz by. It was amazing. I have waited for this for so long. I think I did about 3 or 4 laps of the line tonight.

ty KK programming team. *sniff*

Zu

Krll
26-11-03, 00:01
Originally posted by Zu (Pluto)
Tonight, I finally took a subway ride during which I could see out of the windows and watch everything whizz by. It was amazing. I have waited for this for so long. I think I did about 3 or 4 laps of the line tonight.

ty KK programming team. *sniff*

Every ATI user out there knows how you feel. I'm surprised the subway wasn't swamped with ATI users going round and round on it for the sheer novelty of the thing actually. :)

-Krll

Nidhogg
26-11-03, 00:01
I'm with you Zu. Best. Patch. Evar!

Nice one CoDi - you da man! :D

N

Krll
26-11-03, 00:27
Something else I just noticed... my system now actually runs at normal speed when I've got NC minimised or I've recently quit from it! It always used to be stupidly slow, and the hard drive would thrash away.

Super good job CoDi! Someone give him a medal! :)

-Krll

Spoon
26-11-03, 01:12
wtf? (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83043)

Stealth Content?

looks like something got omitted from the patch notes.......

-FN-
26-11-03, 01:20
http://www.synergyxr.net/images/fn/clipping.jpg

Battledome is looking great...
except you can't talk to the vendors by standing in front of the able as I believe was intended.
You can't walk in the blue area without jumping and even then you are hovering 3 feet in the air and get caught on all sorts of invisible clipping planes o_O

I also found out in my search for the print screen button (I had changed it and forgotten) that the = automatically closes NC and goes to the desktop lightning quick... o_O x 2

Marx
26-11-03, 01:25
was just about to post about that.

beat me to it =P

amfest
26-11-03, 02:43
I can finally see out of the subway car in 1st person view! which I haven't been able to do in since I had started beta 4 in sept.
I don't walk by trees and get a massive texture stuck to my screen like a newspaper flying in my face where I literaly have to shake my mouse to get it to come off :D I can hunt in forest areas now! Although in the subway I notice parts of the tunnel edges on turns clip into the subway car itself :lol: . . .and WOW I can use the hack interface again! I used to hack back in beta . .but once that finished and I started retail about april I couldn't hack . .the screen would be just the the trails for the pulses but I couldnt' see any detail . . no countdown .. how many I had to lightup .. which boxes needed multiple pulses, and how many pulses I had at all . . Now I can see it all!!

Oh yea I have an ancient card - 3dfx Vodoo 3 3500 .. .lol
I just haven't gotten around to getting a new card. And the world map looks great . . . a lil hard to read some of the smaller places but Great job . . . especially adding in detail to the areas that were always labeled restrictived area

-FN-
26-11-03, 03:18
I realize this is supposed to be "code only" but some of the Spell Module graphics have changed... but Shelter and Deflector both have the "Shelter" image and the Anti-spells are back to the stupid dot (using NeoLauncher Pro previously which worked PERFECTLY and I miss like I can't describe now). Bones are also borked. Advanced and AntiGamma are both green o_O

In whatever hotfix that fixes the Twiglet Guardians, please either revert the spells back to the way they were (unborked) or the way NeoLauncherPro did it (modules, bones, armor, all PERFECT :D)

(btw, I *do* love the patch otherwise :D wtg KK coders!)

Sorin
26-11-03, 04:11
When I got done reading the patch notes, at first I was disappointed, thinking "Aww, wtf. They didn't add anything or do anything cool :(" But then I looked over the notes one more time, taking it all in. Then I realized "um wait a minute. That's almost 3mb worth of bug fixing. . . . . .*SEX*"

And stealth content, better than stealth nerfs! Was that GR at the battle dome always there? I've been playing NC for about 10 months and I've never gone to the battle dome until today. I must say I LOVE that GR. So when the morons who own Northstar, Chester, Drakkhan and Rockshore turn their GRs off I can just go to Battle Dome. Woot :) Won't have to run from TH or MB anymore. The battle dome is awesome. Got medic beds, GR, gogo, vendors. Yay.

The new map is complete sex. I love the terrain detail. But more importantly I love the correct location listings for Hawkins and Avenger. I mean, you could find the correct locations before by turning on the security tab on the map, but when just looking at the names and dots, it was wrong. And is that a volcano north of TG? :wtf:

But in my opinion, one of the absolute best changes was the clanned faction sympathy display! OMG! It's just a small thing, but its the small things that count. Really. I got tired of trying to explain that to people. Now it just outright shows both your sympathy as a result of being in your clan, and your true sympathy.

Richard Blade
26-11-03, 04:49
Was something done to increase the damage done by the snakes in the graves? They seem to do more force damage now.

Other than that, excellent map, replaces my aftermarket one.
Nice to see the Halo graphics back.
Good patch.

Regards,
RB

g0rt
26-11-03, 08:59
good patch

FINALLY I CAN SAY GOOD DAMN PATCH

why is it a good patch?

1. its not SO PACKED WITH SHIT that there has to be 1 or 2 patches right after it to FIX THE PATCH

2. it fixes BUGS instead of adding new shit which will add MORE BUGS to fix!

3. it added a GR in one of the biggest HOLES in teh map, and what I mean by hole is a place with no public GRs. the only hole left is around the race track area

pleasing patch

amfest
26-11-03, 09:15
the only hole left is around the race track area

I think one would be good a zone away from Regents legacy . .in one of those shack areas

shend
26-11-03, 09:42
nice job, guys

i'm especially glad u fixed the ati card problems
thx & keep up the good work

jernau
26-11-03, 11:50
Originally posted by Marx
I like how there's now a name to the ocean... Foreshadowing perhaps?

:)

It always had a name though it may not have been on the in-game map.

tbh I can't even remember now what the default in-game map looked like it's been so long since I used it.

Candaman
26-11-03, 11:57
Twiglet Guardians ROFLMFAO describes a certain TG clan on pluto to a tee i think:lol:

Iorghe
26-11-03, 12:13
The map will get an update with the next patch.
Battledome GR will also appear on the NAVRAY
I suspect that the changed graphics on the psi spells are there because of the new entries for the new graphics. Since the next patch will bring you content, an thus the new psi spell graphics, you'll need to survive with the icons until then. (it won't take a month for them to be ingame ;))

If you find any other bugs/problems/glitches Please do report them in here.

The glass wall in battledome is beeing looked at aswell as the Shop vendors. We'll check it out.

Kind regards,

Oath
26-11-03, 12:16
Originally posted by Iorghe
(it won't take a month for them to be ingame ;))

SEX JOO!!!!!!111111111111ONEONEOENEON

Nice, feel free to give us a large taster of whats coming :p

Selendor
26-11-03, 13:16
Thanks for your efforts KK, seems to be a good patch.

As you removed the graphics from the citycom (I presume for speed), did you fix the bug with disappearing posts from the in game forums?

Keep up the good work, look forward to the next patch.

p1zza
26-11-03, 14:14
"...fixing bugs generates other bugs..."

by Anonymous Hacker !

but still
great job KK , about being optimistic...i am sure we'll get other future (not so far) bugfix patches!!

world map sooooooooo fucking cool !! *grins*

keep going guys =) im with you

------------------------------------

pk : "now i kill you!!"
p1zza : "ok!"
pk : "wtf!! why ok?"
p1zza : "..."

(later in plaza 1)

same_pk : "p1zza can you repair my power armor ??"
p1zza : "yes i can"
(repairing items)
p1zza : "150k plz"
same_pk : "OMG wtf"
p1zza : "you pk'd me so now DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

JiNxY
26-11-03, 15:16
hmm i got a problem...

i cant see teh new map, :(
i did have the neocron.ems.ru one, but i deleted the pak_terrain_1024 but it still shows that map ingame :(

any helpfull suggestions?

Strych9
26-11-03, 15:49
So far two out of four sessions in Neocron since the patch have resulted in very slow updates. I kill a cyclops launcher, and then often up to a full minute later, the "you get 1015 credits" message is posted. Or I will go to DM someone, and it takes over a minute to tell me the runner is not online.

Weazle
26-11-03, 16:28
Originally posted by Strych9
So far two out of four sessions in Neocron since the patch have resulted in very slow updates. I kill a cyclops launcher, and then often up to a full minute later, the "you get 1015 credits" message is posted. Or I will go to DM someone, and it takes over a minute to tell me the runner is not online.

That's most likely nothing to to do with the patch. Its more likely network lag. ;)

Check your network settings and the speed of the connections to Germany.

Weazle
26-11-03, 17:23
Strych9 - Check also if someone is leeching off your network if you share the LAN.

Anyways .... thanks to KK for a bug fix patch :D

jernau
26-11-03, 17:36
Originally posted by JiNxY
hmm i got a problem...

i cant see teh new map, :(
i did have the neocron.ems.ru one, but i deleted the pak_terrain_1024 but it still shows that map ingame :(

any helpfull suggestions?

Did you delete the right one?

There are two files with that name in the NC subfolders. You want the one in the "language\...." directory.

Strych9
26-11-03, 18:35
Since I first played Neocron back in Beta, it have never had that slow updates issue until this patch. Im not on a LAN, and my connection is no different than normal. [:)]

Granted, it may be coincidence. But it had never happened at all prior to the patch, so I thought I would point it out.

jernau
26-11-03, 18:44
Originally posted by Strych9
Since I first played Neocron back in Beta, it have never had that slow updates issue until this patch. Im not on a LAN, and my connection is no different than normal. [:)]

Granted, it may be coincidence. But it had never happened at all prior to the patch, so I thought I would point it out.

I don't know if you are in the UK or Europe but this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83093) might be relevant.

Archeus
26-11-03, 20:00
Originally posted by Iorghe
The map will get an update with the next patch.
*snip*

Great job! :D

May I make another suggestion. Rather then turning the place into a warzone, how about putting an underground which is a warzone at the area? Make it like the arena type undergrounds where we have had Fight Nights at before (think Gravis one is the example? I forget).

ZoneVortex
26-11-03, 20:16
FREs appear to be reduced now with the changes in graphical textures or whatever it was in this patch, since that was one thing that was causing them..

However i'm still FREing a lot in the middle of synchronizing.

good job though, me and my 2 RL friends who play but don't post here say good patch ;)

Jest
26-11-03, 21:01
Originally posted by Archeus
Great job! :D

May I make another suggestion. Rather then turning the place into a warzone, how about putting an underground which is a warzone at the area? Make it like the arena type undergrounds where we have had Fight Nights at before (think Gravis one is the example? I forget). That would be pretty cool too but with a few tweaks. Instead of just having a small little door leading to the underground, have a massive, hmm oh I don't know, DOME, that is enclosed with only two entrances on each end. Sort of like the Neocron entrance or something. Then when you enter it, it is a massive arena *coughs* Coliseum style, with the entire place being a war zone. In fact, heck with it I'm making a new thread baby yah!

Patso
28-11-03, 11:04
Ok, the game seems more stable on my system now. I have had no sync issues. The game usually crashes when I logout but thats not too bad!

My major problem with this patch seems to be with Zonealarm.

If I run the game full screen, when I login it freezes and I have to (if I can - end task) or reboot.

I have re-enabled the client.exe to pass through zonealarm without requiring permission but still no joy.

If I run Neocron in window mode it works without a problem! even with Zonealarm running.

If I use XP's inbuilt firewall, no problem!

Anyone else having a similar issue?

Archeus
28-11-03, 11:17
Originally posted by Patso
My major problem with this patch seems to be with Zonealarm.

Not sure about ZA, but ZAP might have something to do with this.

ZoneAlarm Pro prevented access to port 6000 on your computer

ZoneAlarm Pro stopped Internet or local network traffic from reaching your computer. No breach in your security has occurred. Your computer is safe.

Inside the firewall alert

Source IP Address 62.140.29.57 The IP address of the computer that sent the packet which caused the alert.

Source Port 5008 The port used by the source computer when sending the packet.

Destination IP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx The IP address of the computer to which the packet was sent.

Destination Port 6000 The port on the destination computer used to receive the packet.

Transport Layer Protocol UDP The protocol that allows data to be transported between software programs on different computers.

Network Layer Protocol IP The protocol that allows two networked computers to locate each other on a network.

Link Layer Protocol Ethernet The protocol that allows two directly linked computers to share a network cable.

Alert Date Nov-27-2003 10:59:58 PM PST The time when ZoneAlarm Pro detected the alert on your computer.

Alert Count 1 Number of times this connection attempt repeated its attempt on your machine after the original alert. ZoneAlarm Pro shields your machine from repeated displays of an identical alert.

If it is always attempting to make a connection on port 6000 then you could configure the firewall to let it through. Just curious why level3 is doing that? Is it part of NC?

Patso
28-11-03, 12:28
Thanks Archeus, I'll have to investigate further with the logs for ZA.

Strange though that if I start Neocron in windowed mode, it connects without a problem, I even got ZA to ask me to allow client.exe which it did and still worked in window mode. Switched back to full screen and it locked up on logging in.

Selendor
28-11-03, 12:40
Originally posted by Patso
Thanks Archeus, I'll have to investigate further with the logs for ZA.

Strange though that if I start Neocron in windowed mode, it connects without a problem, I even got ZA to ask me to allow client.exe which it did and still worked in window mode. Switched back to full screen and it locked up on logging in.

I experienced the exact same problem, it seems to relate to the very latest version of Zonealarm. I patched Neocron and it worked fine, but then I upgraded Zonealarm and it wouldn't work fullscreen, regardless of giving permission to Neocron.

My solution has been to uninstall Zonealarm and go with Kerio, its running fine now.

Is ANYONE running the latest version (4.x) of the Free Zonealarm and is able to connect to Neocron? If not, then perhaps this might need an advisory sticky or something.

Nidhogg
28-11-03, 12:44
The latest ZoneAlarm does not seem to get on with Neocron working full-screen. This isn't a Neocron issue since the previous version of ZA doesn't suffer from the same problem even on the latest patch of Neocron.

I've yet to see a solution other than running in windowed mode (or replacing ZA, of course)

N

CoDi
28-11-03, 15:16
Originally posted by Archeus
Just curious why level3 is doing that? Is it part of NC?

It's not Level3. 62.140.29.57 is the IP of Pluto.

Oath
28-11-03, 15:47
Originally posted by CoDi

/set IP_nuker 1

:D me jokes

Anyway.....

Archeus
28-11-03, 15:53
Originally posted by CoDi

Ahh ok, ZAP said Level3 owned the IP.

RuriHoshino
28-11-03, 16:53
It does...and the servers are hosted at Level3. Right?

Archeus
28-11-03, 17:04
If it is any consolation I put a support request in with ZAP (which is supposed to be priorty one).