PDA

View Full Version : Account Question :)

Tidus_Origin
25-11-03, 12:09
Are two people able to use two different characters on same account & server? or does that get the account banned? Any info on this would help :)

garyu69
25-11-03, 12:14
I would have thought that the same account can't be logged in twice. Probably would just refuse to log in the second time.

QuantumDelta
25-11-03, 12:20
Originally posted by garyu69
I would have thought that the same account can't be logged in twice. Probably would just refuse to log in the second time. Throws both out of the game.
No ban as far as i know...

Tidus_Origin
25-11-03, 13:06
k - thx 4 clearing that up :)

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 13:07
strangely iirc you can use the same account on any number of servers at the same time...

dunno if kk considers this bannable / warnable though (i dont do it! im a Uranus man only!)

Pi-Oh-Pah
25-11-03, 13:12
Ive tried to log in a Saturn character (my son plays those) while my Pluto character was logged in and it wont let me do it.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 13:18
you need to fiddle with local port settings though i think (assuming you are using one PC / connection)

im sure i have done it before on multiple PC's

retr0n
25-11-03, 13:42
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
you need to fiddle with local port settings though i think (assuming you are using one PC / connection)

im sure i have done it before on multiple PC's

true, but only if you have 2 accounts, then you can login both
from same machine, but you can't login 2 chars from same account
as far as i know

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 13:43
AFAIK you can - but not same server... i am 100% sure i have done it in the past lol

Pi-Oh-Pah
25-11-03, 13:47
Jester - the port setting thing works fine when using 2 seperate accounts but not AFAIK when trying to play 2 servers with 1 account.

garyu69
25-11-03, 13:50
How would you open to lots of Neocron on one machine?

retr0n
25-11-03, 14:18
How would you open to lots of Neocron on one machine?

you have to edit neocron.ini before starting & change the LOCALPORT setting
or if you have lots of space on your HD you can install neocron
2 times and just edit neocron.ini once so that the localport doesnt
match, i believe default is 8000 or am i wrong?

//Radium

garyu69
25-11-03, 14:31
I might do another installation, new hard drive needs filling up

jernau
25-11-03, 14:32
Several people have reported logging chars on the same account into >1 server at once. Some apparently do it regularly. I've never tried myself so i can't confirm it 100% but I have no reason to think all of them are making it up.

IMO if it is possible it's dishonest and not too smart to do this in order to share an account as some people claim to do. If/when KK make it impossible one of the people involved will be screwed.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 14:40
i have done it in a net cafe before without meaning to, going over to a mate and loggin on a researcher, then finding i was already logged on another server when i get back to my PC lol

garyu69
25-11-03, 14:43
I don't see the problem on Multi Char Servers because lets face it they should all be allowed access whenever as it is a "Multi Char" server.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 14:44
I don't see the problem on Multi Char Servers because lets face it they should all be allowed access whenever as it is a "Multi Char" server.

imagine 4 people sharing an account. basically like a 4 person 1 char each server :p

kk get 1/4 the income

cant see it happenin >.<

garyu69
25-11-03, 14:47
But surely that would be their own failings in making them Milti Char servers in the first place.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 14:51
well no... other than SW:G i dont think any MMORPG that i have played has been single character...

SW:G is, FOMK will be... any others?

oh btw i played:

UO
AO
DAoC
PS (beta only)
NC (duh)
EQ

and some other smaller ones

garyu69
25-11-03, 14:56
Neocron is the only MMORPG i have played.

I just assumed that a 4 char server allowed 4 people to log on :(

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:00
lol 1 char at a time mate. its not as bad as you pluto peeps think :p

and people think we got personal tradeskillers and rep doesnt matter... well all my chars are well known. and i have 1 tradeskiller (my first ever char if you must know), however i never relog to him to do things for my other chars (mainly due to the hassle tbh lol)

garyu69
25-11-03, 15:03
Thats what i assumed people used the 4 char servers for, to have their own personal tradeskillers to do their work etc.

Pluto is still the best ;)

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:07
thats what everyone on pluto assumes lol

but thats ok cos i assume that pluto has to be a 1 char server cos of the size of everyone theres ego's :D

btw i am a PPU there and i am not particually liking it. was told to 'fuck off back to your noob server' many a time... lovely atmosphere

garyu69
25-11-03, 15:11
Are you Tangent on Pluto? If not switch and come join us lovely lot at eXo.

We're the best clan on Pluto, no one has a bad thing to say about us.

They just hate us instead o_O

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:17
i am TS as far as i remember lol

im currently not in the market for a clan until i get to know some people. once i get matey with a clan i would prolly join

garyu69
25-11-03, 15:22
There is nothing more matey than our clan. :)
We have Forum, Chat and TS server for us all set up too.

Which is cool.

Give me a buzz if you do. We'll make your stay in pluto so good you won't leave.

Oath
25-11-03, 15:24

im currently not in the market for a clan until i get to know some people. once i get matey with a clan i would prolly join you know me :(

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:25
There is nothing more matey than our clan. :)
We have Forum, Chat and TS server for us all set up too.
cool
Give me a buzz if you do. We'll make your stay in pluto so good you won't leave. sounds kinky... O_o

yeah i may do mate. im currently PPUing for Oath and Danae... but of course i wont give out any char names for either :p

retr0n
25-11-03, 15:27
imagine 4 people sharing an account. basically like a 4 person 1 char each server :p

kk get 1/4 the income

cant see it happenin >.<

sure that could happen, but how cheap can u get, really?
although it would be good for us on 4 char servers so we can share items
withough dropping in lobby then when you log your alt you see
some other dude running away yelling "Weee 20 C10s!! thnx"

either multiple login or even better, acces list to app

//Radium

Load_HeavyLoad
25-11-03, 15:27
OOT : Gary I have tried pluto and find there are never any tradeskillers on lol i made up to /45 with poor quality weapons :p

garyu69
25-11-03, 15:29
yeah i may do mate. im currently PPUing for Oath and Danae... but of course i wont give out any char names for either :p hmmm, were you wandering around in P1 last night when i was drugged up? i couldn't see much but i was the one with the spy suit on as a PE.

hmmmm, Oath needs some PA he is an ugly tank at the moment. and Oath, are you Green or Blue side of Glasgow?

Oath
25-11-03, 15:32
hmmm, were you wandering around in P1 last night when i was drugged up? i couldn't see much but i was the one with the spy suit on as a PE.

hmmmm, Oath needs some PA he is an ugly tank at the moment. and Oath, are you Green or Blue side of Glasgow? Paisley lol, im the black side Heheh.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 15:33
nah i wasnt on pluto last night... i try to stay away but they just keep draggin me back in!

well... i cant expect 2 little melee tanks to level on their own lol

Pi-Oh-Pah
25-11-03, 15:58
i have done it in a net cafe before without meaning to, going over to a mate and loggin on a researcher, then finding i was already logged on another server when i get back to my PC lol

mebeeb cos a different IP addy ?

Pi-Oh-Pah
25-11-03, 16:01

im currently not in the market for a clan until i get to know some people. once i get matey with a clan i would prolly join

Join us you must yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

:p

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 16:03
i wasnt arguin about IP addy... i was sayin that an account can log onto many / all servers at once :p

and ye im TS... unclanned, 60 psi base i think

garyu69
25-11-03, 16:04
Still come to Tangent and eXo, you too Pi-Oh-Pah, come to eXo

.hack//sign
25-11-03, 19:06
shodough and i shared account, he had pluto and saturn,i got uranus and testserver,never had any problems
:eek: :p

garyu69
26-11-03, 20:42
Originally posted by retr0n
you have to edit neocron.ini before starting & change the LOCALPORT setting
or if you have lots of space on your HD you can install neocron
2 times and just edit neocron.ini once so that the localport doesnt
match, i believe default is 8000 or am i wrong?

//Radium I have done this and have two installs now. But i can't find what i am meant to change in the Neocron.ini file. the file has this in it:

//neocron INIFILE
STARTTIME="12"
PREFDRIVER = "(D3D)Primary Display Driver"
PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"
GAMMA = "1.1"
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"
CASTSHADOWS = "FALSE"
BIGLIGHTS = "TRUE"
WEAPONVISIBLE = "TRUE"
HUDACTIVE = "FALSE"
RECORDMOVIE = "FALSE"
STARTTIME = "12"
CAMREPLAY = "FALSE"
PLAYCDTRACK = "0"
SAVEMOVIE = "FALSE"
MOVIEFPS = "15"
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"

what to change?

RuriHoshino
26-11-03, 21:10
The one called netbaseip. The :7000 at the end is the port. Change it to something like :7040 or 7080.

jernau
27-11-03, 13:48
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
The one called netbaseip. The :7000 at the end is the port. Change it to something like :7040 or 7080.

No. Don't do that.

Add this line :

LOCALPORT = "6000"

Change the 6000 to whatever you like.

Tidus_Origin
27-11-03, 15:12
k - so you add the LOCALPORT="????" line to the end of neocron.ini on one of the pc's (or both?) ?

Still need to know if doing this wont get me banned, tho :(

Jesterthegreat
27-11-03, 15:18
nah no ban - its all ok to do

jernau
27-11-03, 15:47
nah no ban - its all ok to do

Just because no-one has been banned that you know of doesn't mean it can't happen.

IMO it's either against the terms of use or it should/will be.

In answer to the question above - one should do but it's probably wise to do both. Use different numbers for each obviously.

Jesterthegreat
27-11-03, 15:48
ok then... many people openly do it and nothing has happened. maybe an official word on this is needed - but nothing has happened to anyone doing this yet.