PDA

View Full Version : Apartment Access Rights. (Idea)

Psycho_Soldier
25-11-03, 09:06
I've seen this idea a few times and I think I even posted about it once or twice. Not sure if there was a thread made about it so I will do so now. I think that there should be a setting for apartment access rights (this includes access to cabinets). You can assign up to a certain ammount of people by name, or give a couple clans access to 1 apt (of same faction). It would also be nice to change access rights for GR and even name the GeneRep so anyone or a specific clan could GR to it.

RayBob
25-11-03, 09:40
I would also like to see a cabinet added to the hallway of the apartments. This cabinet would be accessible to anyone in the hall. It would be great for dropping off items that you want the apt owner to pick up the next time he is home.

amfest
25-11-03, 09:49
RayBob instead of a cabinet lets call it a mail box :p
That would be nice . especially if when you get something dropped in it . . it gives you a notice . .by email maybe that you've recieved a package .. I would say in the chat interface but that could get annoying if someone just keeps on dropping PSI boosters or something into it heh

TheEnemy
25-11-03, 11:12
It should only have access to drop things in tho, not to take them out, unless you're the owner. Otherwise I think you might find people dont use it due to lack of security because if people used it and anyone could come along and take the items you'd see professional mailbox thieves popping up everywhere :D

garyu69
25-11-03, 11:50
I'd love rushing home to my apt just to see if i had a package. it would be great for Christmas :D

Maarten
25-11-03, 13:53
Originally posted by TheEnemy
It should only have access to drop things in tho, not to take them out, unless you're the owner. Otherwise I think you might find people dont use it due to lack of security because if people used it and anyone could come along and take the items you'd see professional mailbox thieves popping up everywhere :D

There is something like a security code. And to avoid problems with the starters apps, make only lvl 2 and lvl 3 apps have mailboxes. That way, if your mailbox gets robbed, you only have yourself to blame for spreading out your app password.

Right now, the only way to SAFELY move items from one char to another is to put them in the same clan. But that sucks. They should add mailboxes OR add the option to give more people access to a single app.

garyu69
25-11-03, 13:56
Originally posted by Maarten
Right now, the only way to SAFELY move items from one char to another is to put them in the same clan. But that sucks. They should add mailboxes OR add the option to give more people access to a single app. You could just find a nice safe spot. Lob them on the floor and then log on the other Char and pick them up. :)
That works.

Maarten
25-11-03, 13:59
Sure it works, but it's not SAFE. Another person could come along and pick the stuff up. Sure it's not probable but it's POSSIBLE. I'm sure people wouldn't want to drop 100 rare parts on the ground when there is a slight chance of someone else picking them up.

amfest
25-11-03, 14:02
I like dropping them into a box, bag, barrel or whatever then pick up . . . sometimes things have a tendancy to disappear when dropped on the floor

garyu69
25-11-03, 14:38
Originally posted by Maarten
Sure it works, but it's not SAFE. Another person could come along and pick the stuff up. Sure it's not probable but it's POSSIBLE. I'm sure people wouldn't want to drop 100 rare parts on the ground when there is a slight chance of someone else picking them up. I usually do this in the safety of my Apt Corridor. only have done it to transfer imps and keys nothing major. Not failed yet.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 14:43
i have been suggesting this since beta... i hate having to make a clan just to share cabs :p lol

garyu69
25-11-03, 14:44
Maybe we'll see a safety deposit store opening in the Prison sector with the new buildings from Black Dragon

*hint hint, nudge nudge KK*

:angel: