PDA

View Full Version : HL and performance

rubaduckythug
25-11-03, 05:03
I dont know if anyone has this problem either but when pvping a monk whos using an HL my play gets tossed out the window, cuase of the whole beam thing comming outta the sky is pretty intense on performance, so i see the person im pvping mabe 2-3 times b4 im dead and only get of a burst or 2, my systems not the greatest i mean its pretty outdated now im using a msi k7t226 MB with a thunderbird 1.4, 256mb of ddr 2200 and a 32mb video card :( but i have played nc on a computer i built for a friend thats running a msi MB with a 333 FSB, XP 2600, and a geforce 4400 ti, but its still a little laggy/ or boggs it down but not nearly as bad as my pc lol. anyways, anyone else seem to have that problem?

ermm here take a look at this, this is wut im geting at Forum Post (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82826)

Shadow Dancer
25-11-03, 05:20
I've had that problem before. It would lag me like a MOFO!

I turned down MISC TEXTURE DETAIL(or whatever that last option is) all the way down. Eveyrone looked really ugly, but hey it worked. :D

rubaduckythug
25-11-03, 05:22
yea ive turned down all the object details and such yet i still have a hard time pvping :( i really need a new pc. who wants to chip in 4 me ? :)

Shadow Dancer
25-11-03, 05:33
Originally posted by rubaduckythug
yea ive turned down all the object details and such yet i still have a hard time pvping :( i really need a new pc. who wants to chip in 4 me ? :)

You've turned it down just now, or you've ALREADY turned it down?

rubaduckythug
25-11-03, 10:46
ive had it down :( not completley but about 3/4ths of the way down on all detail

Shadow Dancer
25-11-03, 10:54
I tried that too, and it didn't help till I put misc texture detail ALL the way down. You'll see like no spell effects, rofl. But it's better than being lagged to death by apus. Try it, see what happens. Don't forget to relog to get it to work.

Omnituens
25-11-03, 16:30
dropping the image quality does next to nothing to perfromance for me. only putting fog/object blend on the lowest (closest) settings do i gain any sort of performance. which is f*cked up.

beams f*ck my FPS up
plasma fire f*cks my FPS up

neocron has crap performance full stop. if it wasnt so dependent on raw CPU power it wouldnt be so much of a problem, as my gfx card is the best part of my machine.

i went from Voodoo 3 3000 to a GF4 MX440, and gain almost 0 perfromance in NC.

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 16:34
GeForce 3 Ti 400 - 100 fps on average (350 is record for me i think)

i get lagged by beams, but not plasma O_o

rubaduckythug
26-11-03, 05:02
man i jsut checked my FPS :( its sad ill post a screen if ya want proof. i dotn think ive ever had a fair pvp battle lol, my FPS at highest 15 asnd thats rare or if im staring up at the sky but its noramlly at 8-10 and then gos down to 6-8 during a fight :(

t0tt3
26-11-03, 06:39
tip: turn off the sky :p :rolleyes: