PDA

View Full Version : Cant fully see name of items in trade.

Psycho_Soldier
24-11-03, 23:35
I just got done trading a ATP of Herc for ATP of DS and both of us were paranoid. I was thinking of not even trading. Why? Because we both couldn't see what the part was. People deal with this shit all the time I think and it should be fixed.

Lafiel
24-11-03, 23:39
yea i really hate that but i havent gotten scammed yet

vokuhila
24-11-03, 23:44
ROFL ps! your avatar rulez :D

Ghard
24-11-03, 23:46
im not to sure what u mean is the name to long for the box cause i know u can click on a item in the trade window and click info to see what it is can u be more specific?

Lafiel
24-11-03, 23:48
the item name is too long for the window

Psycho_Soldier
24-11-03, 23:57
http://home.earthlink.net/~sjenkin693/images/bah.JPG

This is what im talking about. You cant really tell what it is except a part to something holy... o_O

For parts like Add Tech of DS or Herc for example you cant see it at all. Except that its Add Tech of MC5 blah whatever cant remember exact name but you get my point.

J. Folsom
25-11-03, 00:07
I know that in inventory hovering your mouse cursor over the item should normally pop up it's full name, but I can't say whether that's the case in the trade window as well.

Otherwise, parts to stuff should just say "This is the [part] part of [item]" in the description, as opposed to the current "No information is available about this item".

Ormy
25-11-03, 00:09
Cant you hover your mouse pointer over the item and it'll display the full name? Im probably wrong tho.

vokuhila
25-11-03, 00:12
nope thats not possible in trade windows, only in the inventory :/

amfest
25-11-03, 00:14
Those windows should realize the border of the window is there and put it on the next line down . . . when you get a five slot item ..it shouldnt' make it into some huge run on sentence

Ark
25-11-03, 00:16
Nope, hovering your mouse over something in the trade window dosent work

Psycho_Soldier
25-11-03, 09:07
Originally posted by amfest
Those windows should realize the border of the window is there and put it on the next line down . . . when you get a five slot item ..it shouldnt' make it into some huge run on sentence

Exactly. All Windows/Boxes or whatever should be able to be resized.

Heavyporker
25-11-03, 15:15
ogh, psycho, thats not what he said - he said that there should be a word wrap function for item names in the info window.

Omnituens
25-11-03, 16:16
yeah, i cant show off my 5 slotted spells after modding and prove i made them without handing over the spells

check Lexxuk's sig ;)

Shakari
25-11-03, 16:45
Originally posted by Ormy
Cant you hover your mouse pointer over the item and it'll display the full name? Im probably wrong tho.

Nope in a trade window hovering over the part does nothing, the only way to tell is looking at the part info, and if its to long for the window use pretty much take ur chance :(:(

Candaman
25-11-03, 16:51
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
I just got done trading a ATP of Herc for ATP of DS and both of us were paranoid. I was thinking of not even trading. Why? Because we both couldn't see what the part was. People deal with this shit all the time I think and it should be fixed.

Umm can u tell me which sucker traded a ds part for a herc part cus i wanna go rip him off aswell

Psycho_Soldier
25-11-03, 17:15
Edit: Nevermind. I have a bad memory.

Zanathos
25-11-03, 18:24
It would be nice if we could see the item names in trade like we can if we move the mouse over the item in our inventory.