PDA

View Full Version : Any really cool, 2d MMORPGs?

Mingerroo
24-11-03, 23:07
Do you know of any 2d free MMORPGs? Preferably free or beta I just fancy going "old school".

And please, nothing based on the player worlds software.

Mingoo

Judge
24-11-03, 23:10
How is your project coming along Mingerroo?

Lafiel
24-11-03, 23:40
i realllly enjoyed Graal online

Marx
24-11-03, 23:42
Check out The Realm (http://realmserver.com).

I play it, Reefsmoker does also - beleive a few other folks play it too.

BaDDaSS
24-11-03, 23:56
Graal Online is really funny.
I used to love this when i was about 13, i re-subscribed the other day to check it out - nice new gfx etc.

www.graalonline.com

Lafiel
25-11-03, 00:00
lol yea me too i played it when i was about that age too and thought it was the most amazing thing in the world

now you have to pay for it apparently

Mingerroo
25-11-03, 12:22
Originally posted by Judge
How is your project coming along Mingerroo?

Swiftly and amazingly...

Oh, heres a screenie of it while it lasts :)

http://www.xybercon.com/screen.gif

Still a lot to go in but it is definitely getting there :D Oh, and thanks for the game suggestions guys.

Mingoo

Nexxy
25-11-03, 12:38
Nice looking interface you got there...Looks cool ;)

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 12:42
yeah looks sweet... if ya need a beta tester PM me >.<

im always online now days

amfest
25-11-03, 12:58
Okay posting a screenshot like that you now have to setup a website with info on what you are doing . .screenshots . . development notes . .download area with wallpapers ;) and a forum where we can spam you with .. is it out yet! . ..

Mingerroo
25-11-03, 16:35
All I'm going to say is "done when its done". But expect a webby early next year (around easter)

Mingoo

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 16:36
so no beta testers needed?

Mingerroo
25-11-03, 16:41
Not currently. But they will be needed, and there will be a stern selection system. Because it is a free game, it is run my way, and there will be no tolerance rules on bitching, whining or accusing without going through the proper channels (private emails for example). Abuse, rudeness and "1337 speak" will result in severe consequences if they continue after a GM warning. So as a free game I owe my players nothing, but this means I can give the cool players even more :)

Beta tests will begin on that "done" and will involve me selecting people based on setups. How well I know people and their previous MMORPG experience are irrelevant. But yes Jester, you'll be in ;)

Mingoo

Jesterthegreat
25-11-03, 16:42
lol cheers boss

Judge
25-11-03, 18:09
I really like your characters there mingeroo :)

What are you using to code the game?

And they say bedroom programming is dead. :rolleyes:

Mingerroo
25-11-03, 18:16
I'm coding the program in Visual Basic (Its my strong code, everything else I only know a little). The netcode is smooth, the visuals are cool and I'm really pleased with it so far.

My friend from school (an awesome artist) agreed to do the graphics and story for the game while Im in charge of all the combat, magic and item systems. I will divulge more information on those systems when the site is up.

If it wasnt for my helpful friend I would never have bothered to do as much as i have, with the load split we are making bedroom programming alive once again!

Mingoo

P.S. I started this MMORPG because I'm a) Cheap and don't like paying monthly subscription, b) know that many people want to play MMORPGs but dont have the card/income to sign up, c) Am sick of all the buggy, glitchy, crappy netcode/graphics/fun factor MMORPGs that are free at the moment. This is and always will be a free game to play :)

P.P.S. Check out PristonTale (eng.pristontale.com), its a fairly cool 3d rpg (still in development but open beta all the same) and is totally free.