PDA

View Full Version : Urgent!!!! Help Needed For Neo Install

Ka0s^
24-11-03, 23:01
Hi im currently at a friends house trying to sort his neo install out.
The game has installed ok and it has passed the file check, however, when u connect and try to play it brings up the Software/Hardware sound an GFX config menu, the GFX options have blank fields, and the sound have gobbldy gook options eg *jjjj_--+8@.
He has the latest Nvidia drivers for his card (GF4 MX 440) and his pooter runs all other apps fine. DXDIAG reveals no errors and he has no conflicts on his pooter.

Det drivers arnet an option as they are more trouble than they are worth, and also please dont point me to the FAQs as they contain no info that is relevant to this fault.

For info the error log contains a msg that states "GENMGR driver selection failed"

Please suggest anything that would help as he is getting a bit pissed off at spending his cash on a gmae thats not running correctly!!! o_O

Nidhogg
24-11-03, 23:07
From the FAQ:
If Neocron opens up to a black screen and four empty boxes for video driver, sound driver etc., read below:

I had a problem with a dial_up account from Freeserve (uk) where the auto-dialer program provided for connection clashed with the neocron configuration program. Resulting in exactly what you are seeing. Black screen 4 boxes no options to select.

The way arround it for me was to:
1.) ctrl-alt-del to bring up task manager
2.) end task on the auto-dialer
3.) run the configure neocron app, select primary driver etc
4.) reboot to get auto-dialer working again

Then neocron ran fine.It's not exactly what you're describing but it's something to try.

N

Cruzbroker
25-11-03, 00:52
Which drivers of gf? forceware? (i didn't like either)
Seen control panel -> system -> hardware, how things are there?
what directx is it?
have you tried sisoft sandra or something that those show things right?

hope you get it working..

Ka0s^
25-11-03, 00:52
lol, we had followed this step before nid but had not bothered to check his unused connections, we found his old ISP freeserve had a auto dialler program, so we uninstalled all his old freeserve bits and BINGO it fired up 1st time, perhaps its worth moving an edited version of this to the FAQs

Freeserve auto dialling software prevents neocron selecting the correct sound/video drivers for some reason. After uninstallation of the freeserve connection kit, closely followed by a reboot it works a treat!

Please burn this thread nid, query answered!

DigestiveBiscui
25-11-03, 01:04
Originally posted by Ka0s^

Freeserve auto dialling software prevents neocron selecting the correct sound/video drivers for some reason. After uninstallation of the freeserve connection kit, closely followed by a reboot it works a treat!

Please burn this thread nid, query answered!

damn, too late

i was off neocron for a weekend due to the cocking freeserve connection kit

dont uninstall it, because it does come in handy when the line is busy, just go into msconfig under run and stop it from starting when windows does :)

Nidhogg
25-11-03, 01:19
Hey, glad I could help. Makes a change. ;)

N