PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Use manual patching?

Prefetian
24-11-03, 22:28
I don't get this......I downloaded all the patches and put them into d:\Neocron\patches and then started up the game. As soon as it reaches patch 60 the autopathcer either crashes or or nothing else happens at all.

Since the regular autopathcer takes like ages , it's out of the question that i'm going to be using it (especially since i'm sitting on a 10Mbit line).

This has to be the worst kind of autoupdater/manual update that I have ever used.
I just bought the game and i can't even get the damn thing to start.......

there doesn't seem to be another way possibel to use the manual patch.

To me this is just a fucking outrage......to buy a game and not even be able to start it (this is worse then what sony are doing to SWG with all their BS).

Regards.
An Angry Costumer

Furion
24-11-03, 22:30
aah, the 160 patch is bugged, if i remember correctly its just to delete the 2 previous patches (very small in size), then let the autopatcher download them. after that ur set to go.

p.s dont get discouraged, its a nice game :)

Ulle
24-11-03, 22:34
Sorry to hear about the problem.

Did you download the updated launcher that should fix this problem, it is located at.

ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches/NeocronLauncher.exe

Prefetian
24-11-03, 22:38
could you give me all the details to the ftp site since it seem much more conveniant to download from there.

site name : ftp.neocron.com
port: 21(?!?)
login:???
passoword:???

Cause in the neocron launcher sometimes when i tried to dl the patches through it i got an 404 error of some sort.

<Edit> Nevermind, the login/password is anonym</Edit>

Prefetian
24-11-03, 23:02
So now i got the game to run.........

But now I can only run it in windowed mode or else the colors get all "out of balance".

Looks like a gamma problem but fidling around with the ingame gamma settings won't help the color distortions.

Post Scriptum.
Dind't really think to download the NeocronLauncher.exe since it said if the game is US-retail and I bought mine withing the EU so go figure :/

Ulle
25-11-03, 00:41
colour distortions? No idea about that personally so I would advise you write an e-mail with your computer specs and details on your problem to tech@neocron.com