PDA

View Full Version : Planetside question

Krll
24-11-03, 18:51
Is there a way/place to get the free trial without having to be a member of file planet?

-Krll

Mumblyfish
24-11-03, 18:58
I think PC Gamer had the trial on their DVD disks. But that boat's sailed. Just sign up to Fileplanet, why don't ya? What part of "it's free" sounds so bad?

Krll
24-11-03, 19:02
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
What part of "it's free" sounds so bad?

The part where I didn't realise it was free. :)

All I saw was dollar signs everywhere, and I usually close my browser as soon as that happens. :)

-Krll

Syntax-Error
24-11-03, 19:52
ye theres a free account now.. didnt used to be for PS. but now the free trial is actually FREE to download aswell .. lol PS = suxorz

Zanathos
24-11-03, 19:57
Planetside is not really that great.

Its mostly just for people that WANT to play a game like that.

But really all it is is Battle Field 1942 but on a much larger scale.

Battle Field 1942 can support 64 people I last heared.

Planetside can support 100 people instead.

Thats really all it is. All the work you do to control an entire continent can be controilled by someone else in a little under 2 hours.

THAT game also has huge potential, but of course, its just like battlefield 1942 except on a larger scale.

Stigmata
24-11-03, 20:02
Planetside is not really that great.

Its mostly just for people that WANT to play a game like that.

But really all it is is Battle Field 1942 but on a much larger scale.

Battle Field 1942 can support 64 people I last heared.

Planetside can support 100 people instead.

Thats really all it is. All the work you do to control an entire continent can be controilled by someone else in a little under 2 hours.

THAT game also has huge potential, but of course, its just like battlefield 1942 except on a larger scale.

planetside can support 2-3000 people at once on one world map

you fight against hundreds of people co-ordianting attacks on your outposts.

Personally i thought it was excellent for about a week then got bored

Andy

Krll
24-11-03, 20:54
Originally posted by stigmata

Well RTCW kept me happy for 9 months before I found NC, so it might be more my type of game.

Thanks for the impromptu reviews folks. :)

-Krll

Mumblyfish
24-11-03, 20:58
Planetside, if you have a beefy enough machine to run it, is a blast. Forget all the bloody useless Core Combat updates, and stay above ground. The fights are always intense, and when you end up in a good squad/outfit, the teamplay shown is second to none. The fighting is also very much skill based, and a new character with decent skills (plus a certification in medium assault) can take down a Jackhammer maniac if he knows his stuff.

That said, the RPG elements are well done. There's a certain sense of satisfaction in recieving your first Command Rank, getting access to the Command Channel, and even reaching Battle Rank 6, where you gain your first implant slot. Also, the skills tree is well done, and promotes a good balance in skills.

Planetside, if you can afford it, is amazing. Give it a good go.

Krll
24-11-03, 21:02
Wow, I didn't realise there was so much too it, thanks for that Mumbly. I thought it was going to be a giant version of RTCW capture the flag. :)

I'll see about downloading the trial after I've played a bit of multiplayer Halo. :)

-Krll

Syntax-Error
24-11-03, 22:38
ye anything below top spec tho and ure comp just goes "ahh fuck fuck BIG fight ahhhh fuck *crash*"

L0KI
24-11-03, 22:41
Originally posted by stigmata
planetside can support 2-3000 people at once on one world map

you fight against hundreds of people co-ordianting attacks on your outposts.

Andy

ditto exactly. Play the free trial, you'll be bored by the end of it.