PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 1 and 2

Zanathos
24-11-03, 17:54
I played the demo of 1, but due to lack of info, I never purchased the game.

It was alright to say the least. Really long demo though compared to some games, plus the multiple ways to finish levels :)

But anyways, could you guys give me details on the game(s)?

Like how does the RPG aspect of the game work?

How many ways are there truly to finish a level?

Is there long boring aspects of the game?

how action packed is it?

Just stuff like that, dont answer just these questions. Tell me about the game as if you were a salesmen trying to get me to buy a 100k car when I only have 15k

As well as how does the multiplayer work in Deus Ex?

I plan to try the Deus Ex 2 demo when I can. Explain aspects about this game too.

I was intrigued by the game from the demo, but lack of info made me not buy it. (Deus Ex 1 demo)

Cliffraiser
24-11-03, 18:34
ehm no need to explain, Buy DX1 NOW, or ull be one of the few that havnt experienced this great game. and for DX2 dowload it and find out :p

Hell-demon
24-11-03, 18:34
Words cannot describe Deus ex 1, well okay they can coz its good.

Its just a sort of unique experience with a good plot and locations. I just loved Paris and Hong Kong.

Augmentations are cool and add a new edge, badies can be taken out in different ways depending on your mood. Multiple endings and Rp wise its great. Its also is very deep and meaning full yada yada

BUY IT YOUR KOS!

got that?:angel:

Berzerker
24-11-03, 18:41
Yeh It rocked mate. I recomend you get it.

Heavyporker
24-11-03, 18:44
Hmmm, all this talk about deus ex is making me want to try it out.

Whats the cost of DX1 nowadays? (Not an expert game hunter, I've only stuck to a very select few games - Myst and SimCity series only one I've kept tabs on.)

Parker
24-11-03, 18:44
Actually - it was the first game I bought when I bought my PC - and I was hooked.

After that - I don't think I've ever played a game which I enjoyed so much.

JP.

Dribble Joy
24-11-03, 18:51
DX1 is pure pwnage.

At the time it was and to be honest still is HUGE. It takes ages.
The choices you can take are varied and you can mix them to any degree you want. You can either blast your way through it. Hack and sneek or talk to people and bribe.
I can just do it on the realistic setting. Just.

And the ending isn't a big end boss, it's a choice between three options, and it will drive you mad.

Duder
24-11-03, 18:53
If you played System Shock, its very similar to Deus Ex.

Lexxuk
24-11-03, 18:54
the mutliplayer, last time i played it, sucked, the lag was horrible, blergh, but the first person game was hmm, like seeing a drom for the first time and goin "ohh, a drom, wow" only, more so.

Mumblyfish
24-11-03, 19:02
System Shock 2 > Deus Ex

Discuss...

boone
24-11-03, 19:25
i kinda want it like this; ss2 & dx > all

system shock 2 with it's storyline, and find logs everywhere is utter amazing roleplay-wise

deus ex is more like alias or something :o damn good tho.

Zanathos
24-11-03, 19:30
Whats involved in the multiplayer of Deus Ex?

I never played system shock 2 as well, only the demo of the first one.

Tell me more about Deus Ex, im sure that you people can talk about more than that it ownz.

Kimiko
24-11-03, 19:38
I would have to say Deus Ex 1 has greater replayability than SS2, but SS2 is still far ahead in involvement terms. With SS2, you can really get inside the story. With DE, it still comes close but isnt as good.

Both are excellent games, and come out equal really. Its just SS2 has less replayability, but DE is less involving.

Hell-demon
24-11-03, 22:40
Zanathos, your still here posting on the forum?

GO AND BUY IT NOW!

Buy it, complete it then come back
8|

Duder
24-11-03, 22:53
Youre still thinking about the bloody multiplayer? F U C K multiplayer, the real gold is in the single player story.

Tazo
25-11-03, 00:58
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
System Shock 2 > Deus Ex

Discuss...
System Shock 2 != Deus Ex

Mumblyfish
25-11-03, 01:25
I did not say System Shock 2 = Deus Ex.

I said it was better. Unless you meant System Shock 2 doesn't come close to Deus Ex, in which case your point is valid. Yet wrong.

Shadow Dancer
25-11-03, 01:25
Deus Ex>SS2

Tazo
25-11-03, 01:45
I did not say System Shock 2 = Deus Ex.

I said it was better. Unless you meant System Shock 2 doesn't come close to Deus Ex, in which case your point is valid. Yet wrong.
no, my point is its like comparing bananas to cellphones.

Mumblyfish
25-11-03, 02:00
Except in this case, they're both games. Which means that they're comparable. That's like saying you can't compare Donnie Darko to Titanic.

greploco
25-11-03, 03:05
game mechanics are shoddy

but role play and story and drama are very good, environment is good as well

Tazo
25-11-03, 03:31
Except in this case, they're both games. Which means that they're comparable. That's like saying you can't compare Donnie Darko to Titanic.
im saying you cant compare starcraft to monkey island. they are just too different to be able to make a decision on which is the better (or worse :rolleyes: depending on your taste) game.

XanX
25-11-03, 04:23
I tell ya, if only somebody made a proper reworked SS MMORPG, now that would pure sweetness in a can. It would defo be SSMMORPG > ALL

:D

Ogre
25-11-03, 04:27
Well someone askin price , i jus bought it a few weeks ago fer a whole 14.99 canadian (deus ex that is)
Im sittin waitin tilll i can afford part 2

Zanathos
25-11-03, 04:55
Alrighty then.

Right now I dont have the money but in the future I'll consider buying it.

Maybe System Shock 1 and 2 as well.

TheEnemy
25-11-03, 06:32
Deus Ex > SS2 > most other single player FPS games (Sin and Half-life are good ones too)

SS2 had a decent co-operative multiplayer mode (bit buggy) but you could play thru the game with your friends which was cool.

Neocron = SS/DX MMORPG (more or less)