PDA

View Full Version : Neocron hits the Bargain Bin

Dajuda
24-11-03, 13:56
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=644837

Surfing around and stumbled upon that. Its cheaper than DLing the Trial .. and you get TWO free weeks.

Sheba
24-11-03, 14:02
Originally posted by Dajuda

Surfing around and stumbled upon that. Its cheaper than DLing the Trial .. and you get TWO free weeks.

Yep posted this info the other day, cool huh?..but I thought it was 4 free weeks? Where do you see 2?

F8i
24-11-03, 14:03
ONOZ.....!!!

http://www.f8i.co.uk/dump/onoz.jpg

Dajuda
24-11-03, 14:05
Yep posted this info the other day, cool huh?..but I thought it was 4 free weeks? Where do you see 2?

On the back of my NC box.

jernau
24-11-03, 14:17
It was 4 weeks for the first month or so of retail then it dropped to 2.

El_MUERkO
24-11-03, 14:19
Yeah I got the 4 free weeks way back when :D

garyu69
24-11-03, 14:22
I had 6 free weeks :D

garyu69 > all

Sheba
24-11-03, 14:25
On the back of my NC box.

Don't have the retail yet...
But I am playing the trial now, play uptil the last day then do the retail install. So it will be almost a full 4 weeks free! ;)
Downside is can't keep the Trial character when I use the retail key. :(

amfest
24-11-03, 14:26
* Constant updates with new maps, models, items and missions

:p

Syntax-Error
24-11-03, 14:26
i think im still playing free.....

ive yet to see NC charge on my statements :D

shit shudnt have sed that hrhr.

anyhow...
Detailed and densely populated world ... by what?

* Constant updates with new maps, models, items and missions

you say waaaaaaaaa

-FN-
24-11-03, 14:29
Originally posted by garyu69

I'm on his bus :D :D

And the short bus :( :(

Glok
24-11-03, 14:34
Originally posted by Sheba
... play uptil the last day then do the retail install. ...The download install IS the retail install. When your free time expires, it automatically goes to payments.

jernau
24-11-03, 14:43
Originally posted by garyu69

garyu69 > all

Was it 6 weeks for early peeps and 4 after that then?

Damn, it seems a long time ago now. I know we got 2 weeks free though.

Psyco Groupie
24-11-03, 14:50
6 weeks .. yipee the days

garyu69
24-11-03, 14:55
Originally posted by jernau

Damn, it seems a long time ago now. I know we got 2 weeks free though. it was something like 6 weeks if you register before 31st January and 4 after.

I got mine sent through as review material so got it way before that :D

Jesterthegreat
24-11-03, 14:55
iirc they botched it up so badly they gave us an extra 2 weeks free >.<

where did that mentality go now when the botch it up constantly? O_o

deac
24-11-03, 15:55
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
iirc they botched it up so badly they gave us an extra 2 weeks free >.<

where did that mentality go now when the botch it up constantly? O_o

dude none of us would ever have to pay then :D

Jesterthegreat
24-11-03, 16:03
wouldnt that be nice... untill kk goes broke of course >.<

Sheba
24-11-03, 18:23
Originally posted by Glok
The download install IS the retail install. When your free time expires, it automatically goes to payments.

Well normally I would agree if I was going to let it go into autopay. However to save myself 25$ I am going to purchase the 4.99 box version ..and use that CD key to activate my new account, after canceling the trial of course. Got to save a buck where you can! ;)

g0rt
24-11-03, 18:25
No one wants to help this game so it aint surprising

Cliffraiser
24-11-03, 18:32
Neocron
Publisher: Softek International <----- WTF :eek: could this be....
Developer: Reakktor
Platform: PC
Category: Role Playing,Online

Sheba
24-11-03, 18:33
Originally posted by g0rt
No one wants to help this game so it aint surprising

If you are talking to me? Its a matter of money being very tight
I honestly wish I had the extra 30$ so I would not have to mess with making a new character. I am just happy I was able to find it so cheap otherwise it would be a few month's at least before I could come back!

Pi-Oh-Pah
24-11-03, 18:35
Originally posted by jernau

Damn, it seems a long time ago now. I know we got 2 weeks free though.

Yup - you got 6 weeks if you bought and subscribed by the end of January 2002 if I remember it correctly.

g0rt
24-11-03, 18:36
Originally posted by Sheba
If you are talking to me? Its a matter of money being very tight
I honestly wish I had the extra 30$ so I would not have to mess with making a new character. I am just happy I was able to find it so cheap otherwise it would be a few month's at least before I could come back!

No no, not talking to you :p

Just talking in general, dont worry about it ;)

Spoon
24-11-03, 18:38
* Balance of Power (BoP) engine lets players transform their actions into share values for their factions and clans

o_O

yeah...........right...........:rolleyes:

@Cliffraiser
Softek is who makes the CD's and disturbutes them....

jernau
24-11-03, 18:39
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
Neocron
Developer: Reakktor
Platform: PC
Category: Role Playing,Online

Aren't they an old C64 house?

/edit - ah OK. Nothing to get excited about then :(

SypH
24-11-03, 18:41
Originally posted by Cliffraiser
Neocron
Hmmmm....did a search and a fair few of CDV's published titles are under that name now.

Sheba
24-11-03, 18:44
Originally posted by g0rt
No no, not talking to you :p

Just talking in general, dont worry about it ;)

See how guilty I feel..and perhaps a little paranoid as well! ;)

Jest
24-11-03, 18:49
Wow $5 for a copy of Neocron? I know what all my friends are getting for Christmas. :lol: Too bad it wasn't in time for Halloween I would have passed copies of Neocron out to the trick-or-treaters.

McEvoy
24-11-03, 19:38
when DOY is released, i wonder if they'll pull out the classic mmorpg super gold pack box! where they add a cloth map of the game and a pewter figurine, oohh yeah and a cd of the sound track , and concept sketches and a print out pdf version of the table top rules, some dice, a set of dog tags, a coupon for other products made by the producers. a special exclusive in-game item. a rafle ticket for brunch with the KK staff. a poster of each faction. A shirt, a neocron mouse pad, drink costers, a frizbi, tradeing cards, and a free sighnup to their mailing list :p score

Kimiko
24-11-03, 20:03
What, no Limited Edition Coin, with MJS on one side, and the Nerf Stick on the other? oO

Seven
24-11-03, 20:52
* Countless design options for player avatars using the Character Outfitter

Countless?

* A practically unlimited number of weapons created through combinations and extensions

Practically unlimited? Can also add, * Most of which that are completely unused, players really only have several logical choices for PvP.

* NavRay-system leads the players to the most important places, eliminating time-consuming searches

"eliminating time-consuming".....stop right there, this game is based on timesinks.

* Easily comprehensible but yet complex skillsystem o_O

Let's just think about that statement for a good 60 seconds if you have been playing this game for a bit.

* Ideal for playing in teams, clans or solo

Solo?

jernau
24-11-03, 22:58
Originally posted by McEvoy
when DOY is released, i wonder if they'll pull out the classic mmorpg super gold pack box! where they add a cloth map of the game and a pewter figurine, oohh yeah and a cd of the sound track , and concept sketches and a print out pdf version of the table top rules, some dice, a set of dog tags, a coupon for other products made by the producers. a special exclusive in-game item. a rafle ticket for brunch with the KK staff. a poster of each faction. A shirt, a neocron mouse pad, drink costers, a frizbi, tradeing cards, and a free sighnup to their mailing list :p score

:lol:

How long did that take?

btw - I hope KK pay for the brunch.

Jest
25-11-03, 00:34
Ok I bought 3 copies of Neocron. Seriously I recommend for others to do the same, its a good way to promote it. Its only 5 dollars where as after the free trial is up for the download you have to pay 30. I can already think of who I am giving the first two copies to, now I just have to think of a third person that might enjoy it. ;)

Nexxy
25-11-03, 00:35
Costs me $15 to ship it here =( someone buy me one....

Furion
25-11-03, 00:56
25 to ship it here :(

NeoChick
25-11-03, 01:13
Yoohoo immediately ordered another copy :D

This is a good sign, probably expansion on the way
Usually the shops know when something new is coming out and sell the previous version at bargain prices because customers are then pretty sure to buy the expansion

(ok, perhaps wishful thinking)

KRIMINAL99
25-11-03, 01:31
pfft... this is obviously a slap in the face from cdv once they found out KK wants out of the deal. IMO KK should sue CDV for everything they are worth.

wun
25-11-03, 01:50
$5??

damn... cost me AU$100 (about US$70 currently and at the time closer to US$55, yay for the strengthening aussie $)... i had to have it shipped from the UK to aussie-stan...

*grumble* :wtf:

jernau
25-11-03, 01:59
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
pfft... this is obviously a slap in the face from cdv once they found out KK wants out of the deal. IMO KK should sue CDV for everything they are worth.

Are KK that desperate for 3 pennies, a button and a handful of furry breath mints?

Sheba
25-11-03, 07:22
Is verify its only 4.99 in most places and offer it online for that price, instead of the $29.99. That way they are getting the profits not the retail stores!:rolleyes:

Magemage
25-11-03, 07:57
Now wouldn't that be funny...you go up to a house and instead of candy for halloween you get neocron. The little kids are talking about thier candy, one kids like...i got a King Size Mars Bar! Anothers like i got a shiney nickle. The last kids like....i got neocron. hahahahahhahahha *busts a nut laughing*

OMG! PERFECT COMMERCIAL IDEA KK!!!

wun
25-11-03, 08:03
and the last kid swaps it for the shiny nickel.... o_O

Dajuda
25-11-03, 09:07
I still can't believe its $5 ... the raw materials you get with it are worth at least that much .. A nice 2 CD case, 2 CDs with pretty art on them .. a nice booklet, some cardboard .. not to mention the box itself with art ect. I guess they rely on subscriptions to make a profit.

Psycho_Soldier
25-11-03, 09:09
Was this KK's decision? Or is it just the retailer trying to clear the shelves of it? I don't know much about this kind of stuff.

TheEnemy
25-11-03, 10:58
Originally posted by wun
$5??

damn... cost me AU$100 (about US$70 currently and at the time closer to US$55, yay for the strengthening aussie $)... i had to have it shipped from the UK to aussie-stan...

*grumble* :wtf:

Lol, I bought another aussie's copy of the game for AU$60 or something and he had 3 months left on his account so I got a pretty good deal at the time... that was when retail was new. For my newest account I just made a trial, I think it probably works out about the same for us aussies as paying international shipping costs, considering you get about 6 weeks of play time for the initial $29.95. But I hope the new publisher releases the game in shops here....

Bladepoint
25-11-03, 11:08
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Was this KK's decision? Or is it just the retailer trying to clear the shelves of it? I don't know much about this kind of stuff.

My buddy works at Software Etc and he tells me price drops like this usually happen when they have stock around for a long time that doesn't seem to move. So they drop the prices on it just to get rid of it, got Project Eden there for $0.01, yes that's right 1 penny, a couple of months ago. Course that was such a terrible game I think a penny was too much to pay for it.

Freaky Fryd
25-11-03, 11:12
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Yup - you got 6 weeks if you bought and subscribed by the end of January 2002 if I remember it correctly.

Straight from the back of my NC box (bought in Dec 2002)

"4 Weeks of Free Play!
Register on or before February 12, 2003 and receive an additional 2 weeks of free play (total six weeks)!"

Jest
26-11-03, 19:54

Surfing around and stumbled upon that. Its cheaper than DLing the Trial .. and you get TWO free weeks. Whoa. I was gonna give a guy on the Newbie forum this link but it appears that Neocron is no longer there. I did a search and it didn't find it. :lol: I wonder if it was sold out since this link was posted, which was only 2 days ago.