PDA

View Full Version : Interview with mjs on the 13.11.03

robinitnow
24-11-03, 01:38
I have translated this with bablefish and it has not turned out so well but hear it is.
p.s. hear is the original Germanhttp://web2.p15124743.pureserver.info/cms/artikel.php?id=4

Neocron: Interview placed Martin J. Schwiezer In the interview placed to the inventor of Neocron:

Martin J. Schwiezer. New information to Neocron and cathedrals OF York.

GSource: Since you for the moment content with which you in Neocron reached, or are there some points it would gladly differently have had? How does it stand with the Finanzellen possibilities of Reakktor?

Mr. J. Schwiezer: On the whole we are already content. It is unfortunate that the product was applied much too little, but the customers, the Neocron also only once playing remains us to a large extent extremely faithfully, so that we have a very small notice rate. Financially Neocron ensures for the fact that we do not have to think over the future larger. Also the discussions with the Publishern over DoY or even Neocron 2 run altogether very pleasing. Neocron is seen also of the Publishern as an outstanding good product, whose potential is still for a long time not exhausted.

GSource: Have you already plans, which is to come to the AddOn "Beyond of cathedrals OF York"?

Mr. J. Schwiezer: We want to be waiting first times, how the market resonance on DoY will be and how Neocron presents itself altogether thereafter. In principle we can introduce ourselves to develop Neocron maximally in all directions ever further and to in-pull-put all locations of extensive background history gradually into the product.

GSource: With DoY in the new city the textures will be more highly dissolved. Have you already plans, or want you after DoY this also for the Wastlands, MT, Neocron and Canyon to change? Will the sky be more highly solvent in the whole play with DoY?

Mr. J. Schwiezer: The engine was extremely drilled out in several places. We have here an enormous package at features, which we would build gladly into Neocron..., but which is made exact now in which place depends strongly on on which function - and feature extent we with the Publishern agree.

GSource: Many players excite themselves over many nose and Lags, how want to change this for it in the future?

Mr. J. Schwiezer: Naja... Nose and is in MMORPGs nothing really unusual lay. We work everything which us are noticeable gradually off. But by the constant integration of new features new sources of error result unfortunately also again and again. I do not believe in it that any MMORPG reaches a status sometime, in which it 100% am nose-free. Only if one stops completely new content and new features to in-pull-put, one can reach that. One may not lose sight of thereby, how ENORMOUS is complex a MMORPG. Which lay concerns, then many players forget that it can come partly also on your side of the line to problems. If I play Neocron, has I amusing-prove hardly problems with lay (and the servers as well known to stand in Hamburg, during our office in Hanover is). Also sometimes temporary one lay can with the Provider be connected. Sometimes thus the Telekom leads the Routing even over Holland (Amsterdam), although Hamburg is distant 130 km from Hanover actually for only. Which concerns our binding, then nobody will surely state that unshared a 1 Gig would be not sufficient haven, in order to ensure a stable and high-capacitive connection.

GSource: How far could one still develop the engine of Neocron, would be possible e.g. better water?

Mr. J. Schwiezer: The extension possibilities of the engines are hardly limited. A new water effect stands e.g. also on my desire list completely above.

GSource: Neocron gives it in 3 languages, it times considered, if everything runs well to bring the play to Japan/China?

Mr. J. Schwiezer: We are to be started for the moment thereby an appropriate co-operation with an asiatic enterprise. First contracts in addition were recently signed degrees.

GSource: What is added next in Neocron changed /?

M. J. Schwiezer: For the moment we revise various locations in the play and add partly also new locations. In addition we entwicklen parallel at the HackNet, which in any case will come into 2004 (either as a component of DoY or as Patch in the apron).

GSource: And in the end: Your favourite place in Neocron?

M. J. Schwiezer: My favourite place is the new Crahn Cathedral. This is however into cathedrals OF York and is not encroachable therefore for the players naturally yet. But in the cathedral simply a very beautiful tendency prevails. Rays of light fall by dusty air by the mosaic windows etc.. Nearly one would like mine, one hears the singing of the monks...;)

edit:- to sort it out and add the last bit on

Psyco Groupie
24-11-03, 01:54
dude you could have tried abit harder .. im thinking cathedral was dome .. as in dome of york .. you know .. heh

robinitnow
24-11-03, 01:59
It is better to present the facts as they come out rather than add my interpretation onto it.

I have see to many reports on things that have had an interpretation added to them that are wrong.

NeoChick
24-11-03, 04:18
I have read the original and only parts of the translation which basically conveys what was said.

But the main point is that what MJS said sounds incredibly good and encouraging for our future on NC. I am very excited about everything and my only hope is that it will come SOON

and P.S. Is there a subtle hint that the Crahn Sect will be strong in DOY? I think my char will now race out to become a Crahn

if nothing else, I want to be one of the first to sit in that beautiful Crahn Cathedral, enjoy the graphics and Hope of Hopes, scratch my head with the new epic Crahn glove :)

BlackPrince
24-11-03, 04:25
*sniff sniff*

Why do I always smell bovine fecal matter when MJS speaks?

Shadow Dancer
24-11-03, 04:38
Yes i'll be Crahn when DOY comes out, hehe.

Lafiel
24-11-03, 05:54
VIVA LA CRAHN!!!!!!!! JOIN THE REVOLUTION!!

gostly
24-11-03, 06:10
i barely understood what was said... ;\

Houser
24-11-03, 18:04
*sighs* i have just a few words to say.

They have one single coder, they cannot fix even the most simplest of bugs in the game atm. And you expect them to put out Neocron 2 or this godly expansion that is called "Dome Of York" ??

Think about that for awhile, then get back to me.

Sokaris
24-11-03, 18:09
hmm tried reading it and yeah it's translated from babelfish alright.. i think sometimes that program makes it worse to read than trying to just figure out the words yourself in german.

is there anyone that wants to translate that for the rest of us please.

Furion
24-11-03, 18:12
Originally posted by Houser

They have one single coder, they cannot fix even the most simplest of bugs in the game atm. And you expect them to put out Neocron 2 or this godly expansion that is called "Dome Of York" ??

Think about that for awhile, then get back to me.

dude, mjs said not too long ago that they have 3 coders working atm, not 1, but 3....

/edit: beat j00 Zana!!11 :p

Zanathos
They have more than one coder..... as to the exact number, Im not sure.

Last I heared it was 3. Which is good considering how small the company is.

Seems like M.J.S is very confident about this game.

Judge
They don't have one coder Houser.

MJS stated that in a thread a while ago.

Also if you don't think that they are trying to fix the shit in the game then just look at the fucking test server patch notes dude. They are all adding content, balancing and bug fixes.

EDIT: Damn you guys are fast :p

Richard Adregen
24-11-03, 18:13
I'm so glad I can actually READ German. I can't talk or hear it, but I can read it, and that saves me the hassle of having to muddle through Babelfish :D

This sounds mighty encouraging... but I'm just too discouraged at the moment to trust it... I guess I've become paranoid about changes since some of the fiascos that have already happened...

PS: I'll see if I can write up a readable translation for it when I get back from... RL... :eek:

RA.

superfresh
24-11-03, 18:42
There must be some additional translation software this needs to be fed through.

Richard Adregen
24-11-03, 20:13
Okay, here goes with the translating...

Disclaimer: This translation is IN NO WAY 100% accurate and may (and probably will) contain mistakes. It represents views from Martin J. Schwiezer that MAY have been misinterpreted by me because of a lack of German skill, but I think I got that side correct at least...

Neocron: Interview with Martin J. Schwiezer

In the interview with the inventor(?) of Neocron: New info regarding Neocron and DoY.

GSource: Are you happy at the moment with what you have accomplished with Neocron, or are there some points you'd like to change? How is the financial situation of Reakktor at the moment?

MJS: We're content for the most part. It's a shame that the product was advertised much too little, but the customers who've tried Neocron, even only 1 time, are mostly extremely loyal to us, so that we have a very small Kuendigungsrate(?). Financially Neocron makes sure that we don't have to worry a lot about the future. Also, the meetings with the publishers about DoY and even Neocron 2 are going very well. Neocron is also seen as an outstangly good product by the publishers, of which the potential hasn't been exhausted yet.

Do you already have plans about what will come after the Addon "Beyond the Dome of York"?

First we'll wait and see what the response to DoY will be, and how Neocron holds itself after that. We can imagine that we'll develop Neocron into all directions and locations of the huge history that is behind the product.

With DoY the dome itself will get higher quality textures. Do you already have plans, or do you also want to change Wastelands, MB, NC and Canyon? Will the entire game be upgraded? (not sure about that sentence...)

The engine has been extremely stressed(?) in several places. We have an enormous package of features, which we would gladly add into Neocron... But which are put where and when depends strongly on which function- and featureplan we make with the publishers.

Many players are frustrated about the amount of bugs and lag, how are you going to change that in the future?

Well... Bugs and Lag are nothing really unusual in MMORPGs... We try to work out everything that we notice. But because of the constant addition of new features, new problems always pop up. I don't think that any MMORPG ever has attained the status of 100% bugfree. Only when you completely stop adding content and features you can attain that status... One should not lose sight of how enormously complex an MMORPG is.

About the lag: What many players forget is that the problem can partly be because of your side of the connection. When I play Neocron I hardly have any problems with lag (and the server is in Hamburg, whereas our office is in Hannover). Temporary lag can also be because of problems with the provider. The routing is over Holland (Amsterdam), even though Hamburg is actually only 130 km from Hannover... About our connection: No one can say that an unshared 1 Gig line would not be sufficient to provide a stable and high-capacity connection.

How far could you still develop into the Engine of Neocron, for example make better water possible...

The possibility to add to the engine are hardly limited. A new water effect is also on top of my list.

Neocron is currently available in 3 languages, have you already talked about bringing the game to China/Japan, if all goes well?

We are currently starting a cooperation with an asiatic enterprise. The first contracts to that end will soon be signed.

What will the next change/addition to Neocron be?

Currently we're changing several locations in the game and adding new locations too. We're also developing HackNet, which will be added in 2004 (either as a part of DoY or as a Patch).

As a conclusion: What's your favourite place in Neocron?

My favourite place is the new Crahn Cathedral. This is located in the Dome of York and is of course not yet available to the players. But in the cathedral, there is a very nice atmosphere. Lightbeams fall from the air through the Mozaic window and so on... One will also hear the singing of monks... ;) (not certain about the last sentence...)

That was all... I hope you like the translation and point out any mistakes I may have made :)

hinch
24-11-03, 20:23
Kuendigungsrate(?).
following

stressed(?)
enhanced

RuriHoshino
24-11-03, 22:00
Did he really say they were working on Hacknet??? If so.....YIPEEEE!!!!!!! :D

shodanjr_gr
24-11-03, 22:30
In addition we entwicklen parallel at the HackNet, which in any case will come into 2004 (either as a component of DoY or as Patch in the apron).

omg i must be dreaming. gimmeh hacknet and u get a 6month subscription from meh

Futureman
24-11-03, 22:42
remember about hacknet though:

it only comes "as a patch in the apron"

wrap your mind around that piece of information. so deep.

Marx
24-11-03, 22:46
Hey, at least we're closer now than we were last february.

;)

Richard Angelus
24-11-03, 22:52
he said that Hacknet will be released before or with DoY in 2004 :)

have a very small Kuendigungsrate=
that means that only a smal part of people cancel their account

can also mean that most of the ppl stay a long time in Neocron

Richard Adregen
25-11-03, 00:05
Well, I was pretty close with my translation though, right? :D

RA.

Psycho_Soldier
25-11-03, 00:12
Ok umm

Also, the meetings with the publishers about DoY and even Neocron 2 are going very well

Does he mean Neocron too, or Neocron 2?!

Marx
25-11-03, 00:14
neocron 2 could = project name for future expansion.

Richard Angelus
25-11-03, 01:35
oh and with the last sentence he mean something like this....
the amtosphere is that good that you could swear you hear the singing Monks in the cathedrale (the singing you think of if you imagine a cathedrale in RL....but not sure about that...he also could mean the NC Monks)

@Richard Adregen
yeah I think it was a good translation....my english is not that good that I can say what is a good translation (got mostly mark 4 in the school tests)

]v[ortice
25-11-03, 03:13
That sounds very positive to me.

I do like it.

Sounds like Martin has found a publisher. I'll expect an announcement soon :)

*hopes*

Shakari
25-11-03, 06:00
Originally posted by NeoChick
I have read the original and only parts of the translation which basically conveys what was said.

But the main point is that what MJS said sounds incredibly good and encouraging for our future on NC. I am very excited about everything and my only hope is that it will come SOON

and P.S. Is there a subtle hint that the Crahn Sect will be strong in DOY? I think my char will now race out to become a Crahn

if nothing else, I want to be one of the first to sit in that beautiful Crahn Cathedral, enjoy the graphics and Hope of Hopes, scratch my head with the new epic Crahn glove :)

yup could be why my crahn tank can walk to fields of doy units untouched then being nice and green in my reticule and all :D:D

El_MUERkO
25-11-03, 13:13
What will the next change/addition to Neocron be?

Currently we're changing several locations in the game and adding new locations too. We're also developing HackNet, which will be added in 2004 (either as a part of DoY or as a Patch).

Which suggests to me DOY definitely wont be here this year but more importantly if they have to develop hacknet from scratch thats going to take a while.

I wonder how many people will be on Pluto then? 6... no maybe 7.

Al3X
25-11-03, 13:47
now this turns me on :p

jernau
25-11-03, 14:03
Kuendigungsrate - Could that be "churn rate". Just a guess but makes sense in context.

El Muerko - Hacknet has been in the pipeline for >2 years. I don't think it's being developed from scratch.

It all sounds very promising, let's just hope MJS wasn't just in sales-mode at the time ;).

Thanks to RA for the translation.

btw - did anyone get hold of a copy of the Game Face interview?