PDA

View Full Version : neocron gets (4.9/5.0 - 1992 votes)

robinitnow
24-11-03, 00:15
I was just looking at game spy while not doing my homework that needs to be in for tomorrow and I clocked this:-
(4.9/5.0 - 1992 votes) out of a total of 16,845 downloads.
http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/123034.shtml

So what on earth is going on if so many people like it but don't subscribe? :confused:

edit:to sort spelling

Cyphor
24-11-03, 00:53
For a proportion of the results anyway...its prob kids who cant pay a monthly fee and their parents aren't willing to, there is a complaints about monthly fee games by alot of children on general mmorpg sites. Imo this isnt too bad a thing as loads of immature kids wouldnt be good for the game, the new publisher whenever one is found just need to try and do a better job at marketing than CDV did :)

ezza
24-11-03, 01:08
that 16000+ includes a lot of failed or canceled downloads

plus 1/2 the people voting were us lot trying to boost its ratings:p

g0rt
24-11-03, 01:12
its before they figured out they fatal every 15 minutes :rolleyes:

robinitnow
24-11-03, 01:28
You don't fatal every 15mins on Pluto even at it's worst.

Well except for the time 200 people were in plaza 3

CarniFlex
24-11-03, 03:29
there are 200 people on pluto?

QuantumDelta
24-11-03, 03:49
Originally posted by Cyphor
For a proportion of the results anyway...its prob kids who cant pay a monthly fee and their parents aren't willing to, there is a complaints about monthly fee games by alot of children on general mmorpg sites. Imo this isnt too bad a thing as loads of immature kids wouldnt be good for the game, the new publisher whenever one is found just need to try and do a better job at marketing than CDV did :)
We kept the immature players out?

You have, got to be kidding me.

Shadow Dancer
24-11-03, 03:52
I think he meant MORE immature players.

Cyphor
24-11-03, 04:04
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
We kept the immature players out?

You have, got to be kidding me.

heh as shadow said i never said there was none :p but I dont think we need anymore, immature players tend to be the ones who draw attention to themselves so it seems like they are a large part of the population of the game, however i dont think the game is as bad as it could be (concerning the numbers of immature players anyway). If NC was free for example the game would most likely be bombarded with alot of immature players who either cant/wont/aren't allowed, to play subscription based games and this would for me make the game unbearable. Atm its not too bad i can just put the people who annoy me on ignore, if most of the servers were made up of immature brats however it might be quiet difficult to play with a few hundred people on my ignore list :P.

JiNxY
24-11-03, 04:12
hmm, i hope when kk get their new publisher they advertise over in Asia, i just watched the news and apparently thailand have had to put a restriction on how much you can play Ragnarok!!

you have to apply for a special adult pass to play past 10pm at a post office lololol

if neocron gets over there you can expect to see the servers crash 24/7 from over use!! haha :D

nonamebrandeggs
24-11-03, 06:18
not very many immature players in NC... mainly just rascist.

Disturbed021
24-11-03, 06:31
Originally posted by robinitnow
So what on earth is going on if so many people like it but don't subscribe? :confused:

NC is one of the best games, EVER!

However, a lack of advertising makes it so that a very small amount of ppl have ever even heard of it.

Making large changes to game balance over and over again after the game went retail caused a lot of ppl to leave. Not everyone likes change no matter how good for balance the changes may be :p

Lack of content makes even the diehard nc fan bored every now and then.

Constant lag, synch errors and fatals (many of which have been fixed) caused ppl to leave. (I remember the first time I tried to drive to MB from NC, I synchd everyother zone and lost my vhc 5 times b4 finally getting spawned in front of 2 WBs).

DoY has been promised for months and months. Every couple of days that its not released is another account that may get cancelled. Mine may be next?

I get sad everytime I log in now, cause everyday I see fewer and fewer ppl on the servers.
200-300 was the average pop on Pluto (in my timezone) when I first started, now it is 30-60. :(

Shadow Dancer
24-11-03, 06:45
Originally posted by JiNxY
apparently thailand have had to put a restriction on how much you can play Ragnarok!!

What, is this for real?

QuantumDelta
24-11-03, 06:55
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
What, is this for real? Yes, it is.
MMOs were life over there, hell probably still are...

And, it's Korea not really Thailand...

Original monk
24-11-03, 11:03
about half of em subscribers where hybrids, other half where liberator PE's, both left a long time ago :)

hinch
24-11-03, 11:16
Originally posted by Original monk
about half of em subscribers where hybrids, other half where liberator PE's, both left a long time ago :)

too true

Sheba
24-11-03, 11:19
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
not very many immature players in NC... mainly just rascist.

Very sorry to hear that even here in NC, we can't get away from that type of idiotic attitude!