PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - LAG On Uranus Especially

Darth Slayer
23-11-03, 23:09
Is it me or is the Lag getting worse week in week out.
KK is it possibly too much to ask you to fix this?
I mean we pay for this service but man it is getting worse not better. Already some members in my clan are talking of quitting as we can't do nothing like Hunt fight whatever FFS ppl where on the trade channel saying they could'nt HACK warbots the screen would'nt open.
If I was you I'd sort it before you start losing serious amounts of customers.

icarium
23-11-03, 23:16
this is EXACTLY What i just logged off to post. the lag is becoming ludicrous. NC has enuff problems without the lag. it isnt just me as i was in a team of random people in aggie cellars ALL getting the lag. this would suggest server side.

can we get some official comment? what exactly was the "server maintenence" performed not so long ago, was it in fact a server downgrade? because it DEFINATELY feels that way.

i think some official word is in order.

also i dont think its just uranus, i think its every server. if its like this now, whats it going to be like when (if) DoY comes and we get lots more people? lots more people who will leave sharpish after lagging out and synching constantly

Martin J. Schwiezer
23-11-03, 23:36
There was no such thing as a server "downgrade". Neither on Uranus nor on any other realm.

What 'might' have happened is that one of the 7 machines where the Uranus realm runs on has dropped out due to a hardware failure. We will look deeper into that in around 12 hours and get back with a more solid statement. Thanks for your patience.

Darth Slayer
23-11-03, 23:40
Wow erm thanks MJS, this is the sorta thing we need more of. KK replying to some of these sorta threads.......:)

icarium
23-11-03, 23:42
yes a reply is sweet.

fixing the servers would be better :)

Susan Ivanova
24-11-03, 00:45
Of course this is nothing new but I think that KK will only fix it if we keep saying it often enough.

Those lag spikes make any kind of interaction between players impossible. (Unless you consider Neocron as a bloated 3D chat client)

{MD}GeistDamnit
24-11-03, 00:50
yeah uranus is full of shit :D

I get a few 2000 ping spikes in a row every hour or so that I'm on.

BlackDove
24-11-03, 00:52
Didn't you read the latest reply by MJS? It's most likely their hardware blew up - allow me - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - which I wouldn't be surprised of, seeing as how they run the servers on a very outdated crap equipment.

So be grateful, if it is still even remotely online, god knows it's better than a complete shutdown :lol:

Oath
24-11-03, 01:04
i already left...............

i cant deal with it any more :(

Rith
24-11-03, 01:11
lol saturn was the same tonight

Level3 are probably having a shit time again

Nidhogg
24-11-03, 01:22
Thread merged.

N

{MD}GeistDamnit
24-11-03, 14:05
well it's monday, what 1pm in germany? yeah, and uranus is lagging like crazy with a louse 75 ppl on. I'm really sick of this shit :mad:

evs
24-11-03, 14:58
Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
There was no such thing as a server "downgrade". Neither on Uranus nor on any other realm.

What 'might' have happened is that one of the 7 machines where the Uranus realm runs on has dropped out due to a hardware failure. We will look deeper into that in around 12 hours and get back with a more solid statement. Thanks for your patience.

Ok, well its over 12 hours - any news Martin please?

Even a 'yes there's a problem - watch this space'

will be good enough :)

Jesterthegreat
24-11-03, 15:00
Originally posted by evs
Ok, well its over 12 hours - any news Martin please?

Even a 'yes there's a problem - watch this space'

will be good enough :)

evs > mjs :p

pwnd :p

*cough* er *cough* i mean yeah... any chance of an update Mr. Martin J. Schwiezer sir?

icarium
24-11-03, 16:02
they arent putting good quality coal on the servers, they cant get up a full head of steam :(

evs
24-11-03, 16:38
evs > mjs

pwnd

/me takes a bow :p

Seriously though, i had to cut short my playing last night as it really became bad.

Please can we have an update.

zonk
24-11-03, 16:41
Saturn lagging too

Legoias
24-11-03, 16:52
If all the servers are lagging then isn't it most likely a networking issue?

Yeh a fix would be nice, hell some news would be nice.

g0rt
24-11-03, 16:59
I think Uranus is fine, its crashing because all of your computers are screwed up! :rolleyes:

Oath
24-11-03, 17:00
Originally posted by g0rt
I think Uranus is fine, its crashing because all of your computers are screwed up! :rolleyes:
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly...........thats not far from wrong.........never connect windoze 98 or higher to dos :lol:

Jesterthegreat
24-11-03, 17:01
i think g0rt is a goat...

and i think his anus smells

g0rt
24-11-03, 17:04
Originally posted by Oath
LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly...........thats not far from wrong.........never connect windoze 98 or higher to dos :lol:

I was being sarcastic, since Archeus thinks its my computer thats causing NPC's to spawn in the wall, and my chars be syncronized into noobs apartments. :rolleyes: Just makes sense that its your guys computer causing Uranus to lag and crash? :lol:

Dribble Joy
24-11-03, 17:06
Since the 10 min 'server maintenance' a while ago Uranus went (for me at least) from ok ping with large spikey badness occationally, to now where I just have shit ping with very occational spikes.nice to hear they are at least doing something though.

It may be something else entirely if it's all the servers. something cuoold be wrong at the servers location and the connection to that, which as far as I know is not run or operated by KK.

Legoias
24-11-03, 17:12
Originally posted by g0rt
I was being sarcastic, since Archeus thinks its my computer thats causing NPC's to spawn in the wall, and my chars be syncronized into noobs apartments. :rolleyes: Just makes sense that its your guys computer causing Uranus to lag and crash? :lol:

I think Oath got it ;)

icarium
24-11-03, 18:06
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Since the 10 min 'server maintenance' a while ago Uranus went (for me at least) from ok ping with large spikey badness occationally, to now where I just have shit ping with very occational spikes.nice to hear they are at least doing something though.

It may be something else entirely if it's all the servers. something cuoold be wrong at the servers location and the connection to that, which as far as I know is not run or operated by KK.

who said they were doing anything about it? :confused:

MJS still hasnt seen fit to grace us with an answer. i take a break from NC due to boredom i come back fresh and willing only to be forced to continually log off because of lag.

unless all our machines are not working it must be the server. the "maintenence" has never been explained. after the maintenence lag got worse. this would be a definite indicator of server downgrade or bandwidth reduction in my book.

Oath
24-11-03, 18:22
Originally posted by Legoias
I think Oath got it ;)

YUP.

And to pad it out.

how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

garyu69
24-11-03, 18:24
Originally posted by Oath
how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood. But if a woodchuck could chuck wood, and a woodchuck would chuck wood how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Stigmata
24-11-03, 18:30
What 'might' have happened is that one of the 7 machines where the Uranus realm runs on has dropped out due to a hardware failure

is there some load balancing system inplace ?

becuase if i had 7 servers and one failed the other 6 "should" be able to cope with the load, but if one server down is causing all these lag issues surely there must be server issues for all realms.

Andy

icarium
24-11-03, 19:10
still no comment i see

i wonder if someone is hoping this thread will die?

evs
24-11-03, 19:15
tbh its no wonder they ignore most threads when they just seem to often get hijacked and turned into spam threads by morons :rolleyes:

Lareolan
24-11-03, 19:36
Originally posted by evs
tbh its no wonder they ignore most threads when they just seem to often get hijacked and turned into spam threads by morons :rolleyes:

That is no excuse as every company puts status updated on the main page of the official site for their product. Something KK have, but haven't touched in about 8 months or so. Great work on that PR KK, kudos to MJS! This has got to be the best Mickey Mouse company ever. They can't even pretend to be a serious company. Yet another reason I'm skeptical any serious publisher will even consider wasting money on this game (Despire the statements MJS makes to the opposite, I'm almost sure he is lieing now. The facts just never seem to match what he says when he does say things).

{MD}GeistDamnit
24-11-03, 19:54
Originally posted by Lareolan
That is no excuse as every company puts status updated on the main page of the official site for their product. Something KK have, but haven't touched in about 8 months or so. Great work on that PR KK, kudos to MJS! This has got to be the best Mickey Mouse company ever. They can't even pretend to be a serious company. Yet another reason I'm skeptical any serious publisher will even consider wasting money on this game (Despire the statements MJS makes to the opposite, I'm almost sure he is lieing now. The facts just never seem to match what he says when he does say things).

MJS is in my new avitar, so that should explain it all ;)

I agree with you.

icarium
24-11-03, 21:34
still no comment then mj?

Martin J. Schwiezer
24-11-03, 23:41
Two of the seven servers have dropped out pretty much simultaniously due to a hardware failure.

The machines will be fixed/replaced before Monday.

Dribble Joy
24-11-03, 23:42
Yarrrr, cheers mush.

{MD}GeistDamnit
25-11-03, 00:05
Two of the seven servers have dropped out pretty much simultaniously due to a hardware failure.

:confused: before monday? you mean next week? cause today is monday. or did you mean they will be fixed before monday is over?

Edit: ok and your not a crook :D ignore the bank robber ;)

icarium
25-11-03, 00:36

thats what i am talking about! ;)

cheers mj!

Martin J. Schwiezer
25-11-03, 01:09
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
:confused: before monday? you mean next week? cause today is monday. or did you mean they will be fixed before monday is over?

Edit: ok and your not a crook :D ignore the bank robber ;)

They will be fixed within the next 7 days. That's what I meant. We will try to fix it before the weekend though.