PDA

View Full Version : *Idea* Make Uplinks useful!

Keiron
23-11-03, 20:18
As many of you know, most of the uplinks in this game are damn near useless. Only a small percentage of them have warbie/hover spawn in the zone (making them useful to the clan that owns). My idea is, allow uplinks to be used to find people, the same way citycom's were used to find people in beta/early retail. This will give a real use to uplinks, as it will allow owning clans to find and dispatch runners to enemy runners with ease.

Dribble Joy
23-11-03, 20:20
I assume this is for the owning clan?

If so then yeah, nice.

Keiron
23-11-03, 20:20
Yes, for owning clan

=SSC=Gandalf
23-11-03, 20:36
yes, i think it is a great idea.

Matthew.v.smith
23-11-03, 20:58
Yup i agree its something to make em Worthwile.

Matty:angel:

Lareolan
23-11-03, 23:21
Good idea but what about the other useless OPs? Now with the new rules where you do not need to own the OP to get a partial bonus and the new gloves and improvements to implants all OPs became pretty much useless as there is no difference between constructor with 250 and 300 skill. If anything, some people report poor construction (and research) at the extreme high skill levels due to potential flip point bug (Haven't tested this, this is just from what I've seen people say). Not to mention that recycling has been pretty useless since day one and made even more useless about half a year ago. So where Uplinks that have warbots or hovercraft in the zone might still be somewhat useful, mines are not and factories/labs are only useful to lowbie constructors in which case it doesn't even matter wether they control the OP or not.

Don't you think this is wrong? (Oh, and read my thread that died waaaay before it's time. The link is in my sig.) :(

\\Fényx//
24-11-03, 05:19
Maybe it will give you a warning whenever a hostile faction member enters the zone of a OP that you controll, like ''A member of XXX faction has entered XXX OP zone'' and this way whenever you get say 5+ of those warnings you get a slightly earlier warning than usual that your OPs gonna be attacked, THAT would be much more usefull . . .

KramerTheWeird
24-11-03, 05:31
I'm all for implementing furthur uses for outposts and uplinks in particular. There are tons of ideas floating around, good ideas such as Keiron's here or Varaem's hacknet/uplink suggestions. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82773&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) Unfortunately this is a small company and they have limited coders, resources, time, and money, so not everything can come to be. Still I am sure reakktor has been looking at our ideas and will try hard to implement more into the already existing game, as they've been doing since launch.

Keiron
24-11-03, 05:39
I like Varaem's ideas even more then mine. Mine are just easy to put in, considering everything is there except some sort of clan-use-only tag for the person finder....

//Ring\\
24-11-03, 17:40
well i guess the 14 yes and 0 nos is a pretty good measure of how good ur idea is.. ::)

FirestarXL
24-11-03, 18:43
I think this particular idea is maybe a little too powerful, but yes Uplinks do need to have some sort of vaguely useful function.