PDA

View Full Version : o_O

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:06
ok...i mean wtf
i can't play NC atm

i load up NC client then it gets to log in screen, i click resume or enter and it freezes the window goes to change then jsut hangs there.........some times i hit alt+ctl+del and it does northing needing a sys restart...others it shows me task bar so i can close NC down...how ever when closed it still shows up in Task manager window and it jsut won't feck off

done 2 clean installs....

http://www.angelfire.com/alt/ryuben/WTF2.JPG

this is another proggy in my task manager window that i can't close.....any one want to help meh

Lafiel
23-11-03, 19:07
youve ran virus scan>?

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 19:10
not sure what zlclient is O_o however try running a spyware check on yer PC..

Then if that fails, reinstall NC . . .

Lafiel
23-11-03, 19:10
zclient is a program to run games online

Psyco Groupie
23-11-03, 19:13
zlclient is never open on my machine ...

on a fresh install of nc you need to goto a char manually before you can resume because the resume data is stored clientside .. i think!

afaik thats your only prob .. unless you've got viruses too ;P

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:13
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
not sure what zlclient is O_o however try running a spyware check on yer PC..

Then if that fails, reinstall NC . . .

i reinstalled 3 times ...don't know if it does it on test server as it says server is not responding

spy bot says i got

4 of them

Functionality
New search functions for IE

Description
No privacy violation (except keywords are stored in combination with your IP), but installation removes all other installed BHOs. In addition, it hijacks the MS search pages to their own homepage.
and nowlt else (well had)

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:14
Originally posted by Lafiel
youve ran virus scan>?

last scan 22/11/2003

runs another one..

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
zlclient is never open on my machine ...

on a fresh install of nc you need to goto a char manually before you can resume because the resume data is stored clientside .. i think!

afaik thats your only prob .. unless you've got viruses too ;P

was doing it before the re-installs ( was the reason for re-installing ffs)

SpAcEDoUbT
23-11-03, 19:17
I also have the ZClient on my system.. However ive just updated Zone Alarm and on inspection that looks like a zone alarm file. Maybe something they added with the new update?

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:19
Originally posted by SpAcEDoUbT
I also have the ZClient on my system.. However ive just updated Zone Alarm and on inspection that looks like a zone alarm file. Maybe something they added with the new update?

true i jsut updated Zone alarm too so could be that.

my task manager still says client.exe is running....i can't close it o_O

jernau
23-11-03, 19:29
Originally posted by Ryuben
true i jsut updated Zone alarm too so could be that.

my task manager still says client.exe is running....i can't close it o_O

client.exe is Neocron (well - it could be anything but Neocron is called that ;))

It sounds like a network problem from what you've said.

If you've upgraded a firewall recently then I think you can bet that's the problem. Try disabling/removing it and test NC again.

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:32
Originally posted by jernau
client.exe is Neocron (well - it could be anything but Neocron is called that ;))

It sounds like a network problem from what you've said.

If you've upgraded a firewall recently then I think you can bet that's the problem. Try disabling/removing it and test NC again.
as soon as virus scans finished i will do

(then i will have to do another one after when i put FW back up )

jernau
23-11-03, 19:34
A virus will only get onto the system if you run something.

No real need to run the scan again just because the FW was down for a few minutes.

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:39
lol bah i did that last time too...ran a sys on over night d/ling drivers for it (was on 56k couldn't be bothered, was a fersh install of XP at the time...when i got back on it and instaleld eveyr thing......found 2 trojans and 1 dialer....o_O ill run the scan after just to be safe

[edit] scanning 80 gig takes too long...

Nidhogg
23-11-03, 19:39
There may be a problem with Neocron and the latest Zone Alarm. We're looking into it.

N

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:40
Originally posted by Nidhogg
There may be a problem with Neocron and the latest Zone Alarm. We're looking into it.

N

oh great, any one got another free (read: free) Fire wall ??

[edit] ta for telling us Nid :D

jernau
23-11-03, 19:41
lol bah i did that last time too...ran a sys on over night d/ling drivers for it (was on 56k couldn't be bothered, was a fersh install of XP at the time...when i got back on it and instaleld eveyr thing......found 2 trojans and 1 dialer....o_O ill run the scan after just to be safe

[edit] scanning 80 gig takes too long...

They must have been in one of the drivers/apps you installed. There is no way for a virus to get onto a system without user intervention.

shodanjr_gr
23-11-03, 19:41
Originally posted by jernau
A virus will only get onto the system if you run something.

No real need to run the scan again just because the FW was down for a few minutes.

yeah but it could be a Worm or sumthing. Ms.Blaster rings any bells?

Ryuben
23-11-03, 19:45
@shodanjr_gr...u the original shad....??

and......i hope some ones got some good fire wall sites out there

scanned for both the new worms recently

jernau
23-11-03, 19:46
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
yeah but it could be a Worm or sumthing. Ms.Blaster rings any bells?

Hmm, maybe but that would trip the AV scanner.

shodanjr_gr
23-11-03, 19:51
@shodanjr_gr...u the original shad....??

No im not shodan from the sayans....

Parappa
23-11-03, 19:53
It's a ZoneAlarm problem. In the newest version of ZA the program identifies Neocron as a program called "Client" it used to be "CLIENT.EXE" so that freezing is just the ZoneAlarm program control window popping up, but not showing behind the NC login screen. My solution was running NC in window mode and clicking the "allow this program to access internet, and remember this decision".

Also I had to change the program control to learning mode because ZA seemed to have problems remembering that NC has full access to internet :wtf:

Archeus
23-11-03, 20:15

N

Heh I was going to post about this earlier. The "Info server" appears to be doing something ZAPro doesn't like. I had it freezing with no popup appearing.

ZLClient is part of Zone Alarm. Not sure what it does though.

Nightbrother
24-11-03, 02:01
I also use the latest and most updated version of ZoneLabs (tried both the proff. version on trial and the free one) and none of the versions give me any trouble whatsoever, as long as I tell the program that the files in my Neocron folder, Client.exe and NeocronLauncher.exe are allowed to access the net.

Do a search on google or look at Zone Alarm's webpage if you wanna know exactly what zlclient.exe is and what it does in connection with Zone Alarm.

Lafiel
24-11-03, 03:11
ew dont use zone alarm its horrid... it tryies to take over your computer for itself :o

Lexxuk
24-11-03, 03:32
Try Sygate's firewall instead

http://download.com.com/3000-2092-10049526.html?part=82835%20&subj=dlpage&tag=button

its just been upgraded to version 5.5 and it totally rox...

Free for personal use, Sygate Personal Firewall provides best-of-breed security in a user-friendly interface, protecting your PC from hackers, Trojan horses, and DOS attacks. New features include Deep Packet Inspection, Anti-Application Hijacking, Smart WINS, Log Dampener, and enhanced logging. Sygate Personal Firewall is the first free PC firewall to offer protection from malicious code intrusions, keeping the information on your PC safe and private.

Oh, its free btw, and once u setup NC, it will only warn u if something has changed, then it says "its changed, want to allow it to run?" and dont forget to alt-tab when u first install it and run NC

VictorKruger
24-11-03, 17:44

N

with the latest Zone alarm???!?!?!?? try it's always been a problem with zone alarm, one of my first major posts was trying to figure out why the hell neocron acted like it was offline to me and everyone else could play fine.

As i soon descovered that even if you shut down zone alarm, there are parts of it still running on your system.

@Ryuben, if you bought the pro version, im sorry that you had to waste your money. But if it's just the downloaded version, get rid of it, and make sure you go to the zone labs site and read the uninstall guide, because just uninstalling it doesn't really get rid of all of it.

Go to another software firewall solution, or even just get yourself one of those routers with a built-in switch, and tweak it to your heart's content.

garyu69
24-11-03, 17:57
I had this problem in full screen mode.

Can you try running the game in Window mode and tell me if it runs then?

It freezes on me when i try full screen, but logs in when in window mode.

And i use Zone Alarm