PDA

View Full Version : Forum Clock seems outta synch . . .

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 05:48
OK this has been bugging me for a while now O_o

My windows clock is synched every time my PC's restarted with a net server, and is correct with other forums ive used pretty much to the minute, however on here I just made a post, and it said that the time is 03:45 AM however according to my 'synched' windows clock its 03:32 AM...

Are your forum clocks synched with a net based one or is it some funky matrix shiznit that KKs been experimenting with to mess around with time so it dont seem like weve waited 8 months already for DOY :p

Anyway... yea... where were we O_o is the forum clock correct and mines wrong, or the other way around O_o

Thane
23-11-03, 06:02
hell, when will you guys finally understand that ....

RM TIMES ARE NOT MEANT TO BE UNDERSTOOD BY NORMAL BEEINGS....

just get over it :)

Keiron
23-11-03, 06:04
After a "little" prompting by Fenix on IRC, (<Fenix> GO POST <Fenix> TELL THEM THE TRUTH) I've been sent here to inform you, that indeed the forum clock is 13 min fast.

JiNxY
23-11-03, 06:04
this is a test

03:51

04:04 , whos right, me or teh forum, find out next week on!!!... "fenix has too much time on his hands to notice things like this"-tionstreet

Original monk
23-11-03, 06:13
it takes a freak indeed to notice these kind of things :P

petek480
23-11-03, 06:18
Originally posted by Original monk
it takes a freak indeed to notice these kind of things :P
Well it's kind of hard to not notice it. The forum clock has been off for months.

JiNxY
23-11-03, 06:20
i never ever look at the time something was posted tbh, or the date, and sometimes i dont even read the post :D

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 06:26
Originally posted by JiNxY
i never ever look at the time something was posted tbh, or the date, and sometimes i dont even read the post :D

well i get this shit where even tho i havent posted for like a whole 15 minutes it gives me the 60 seconds between posts bullshit so recently ive been checkin it, thats when i noticed it was 13 minutes out . . .

now unless the forum times synched with some dodgy cheap rolex Mjs bought from some guy called domingez on a spanish golfcourse, i cant see why its 13 minutes fast . . .

jernau
23-11-03, 07:28
It's been out for ages and it can be rather annoying IMO.

Jernau's tip of the day for Win2K server admins :
Enter these 4 lines into a command-prompt and your server is connected and synched to an atomic clock in a nuke-proof bunker somewhere.

net time /setsntp:tick.usno.navy.mil
net stop w32time
w32tm -once
net start w32time

This time will also be enforced on other servers and workstations in the domain if you run it on the Operations Master.

It should stay in synch from then onwards forever unless your server is a total heap of crap. If your server is a total heap of crap put that lot in a batch file and drop that in your "startup" folder.

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 07:30
Originally posted by jernau
It's been out for ages and it can be rather annoying IMO.

Jernau's tip of the day for Win2K server admins :
Enter these 4 lines into a command-prompt and your server is synched and connected to an atomic clock in some nuke-proof bunker somewhere.

net stop w32time
w32tm -once
net start w32time

It should stay in synch from then onwards forever unless your server is a total heap of crap. If your server is a total heap of crap put that lot in a batch file and drop that in your "startup" folder.

this is KK were talkin about, ALL their servers are a steamin pile of crap :p

Omnituens
23-11-03, 10:37
Jernau's tip of the day for Win2K server admins:
net stop w32time
w32tm -once
net start w32time

does that work with 'normal' 2k? even if youre not running as a server of any sort?

kurai
23-11-03, 12:15
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
i cant see why its 13 minutes fast . . . Probably because no-ones ever bothered setting the correct time on the box since it was stuffed in a rack X years ago.

jernau
23-11-03, 16:49
Originally posted by Omnituens
does that work with 'normal' 2k? even if youre not running as a server of any sort?

Yes, it will work on any Windows 2K/XP/2003 PC.

Archeus
23-11-03, 16:56
Yes, it will work on any Windows 2K/XP/2003 PC.

Or you could just select the sync with TIME server to stop all the messing about.

jernau
23-11-03, 17:02
Originally posted by Archeus
Or you could just select the sync with TIME server to stop all the messing about.

I'm not 100% sure what you're saying but I have just got up.

I believe this method is the only way to force a permanent change to the SNTP heirarchy.

Sigma
23-11-03, 18:06
nice quote in ur sig fenix :wtf:

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 19:04
Originally posted by Sigma
nice quote in ur sig fenix :wtf:

ya i know makes me crack up every time i read it :p