PDA

View Full Version : ncpd pa

greploco
22-11-03, 23:51
the ca ncpd pa needs to be a little more nifty

wearing that thing is like putting a HUGE sign on your back that says "kill me" to so many people

it's cool looking armor, but the penalty for wearing it is amazing, I've never been pkd like I have in this armor

the bonuses from the armor need to be increased or altered or something - maybe give it resist psi similar to the energy resist ? wepons bonuses ? something -- especially since it is restricted to CA use only

nonamebrandeggs
22-11-03, 23:52
Your PKed because your CA, not because your a cardboard box. Believe me I hate having to PK cardboard boxes =\.

greploco
22-11-03, 23:55
no, I've played with and without the armor

with the armor is vastly different

note - I'm not bringing this up because I'm some sort of pro CA flunkie, I just finished the epics and CA was the last one I did

nonamebrandeggs
22-11-03, 23:58
Weird... I guess just reap the benifits and kill everyone before they kill you :D.

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 00:14
dude just be fking happy we got them to change it back to what it is, its better than the pistol PA for looks, and it was changed in one of the last patches to a POS with like 19 pierce/force and 12 energy ... just be happy... IMO as it is its the best chest piece for armour anyway discounting some of the other class specific PA's...

greploco
23-11-03, 07:56
>> IMO as it is its the best chest piece for armour
>> anyway discounting some of the other class specific
>> PA's...

everyone has class specific PA now, yes it has good stats but "the best chest piece for armor" is a bit of a stretch.

the target on my back seems to be getting larger, for them moment -- I just put my LE back in, I'm tired of getting my marine popped out by buffed TG HL monks

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 08:02
Originally posted by greploco
>> IMO as it is its the best chest piece for armour
>> anyway discounting some of the other class specific
>> PA's...

everyone has class specific PA now, yes it has good stats but "the best chest piece for armor" is a bit of a stretch.

the target on my back seems to be getting larger, for them moment -- I just put my LE back in, I'm tired of getting my marine popped out by buffed TG HL monks

Look at the resists the chest gives, then look at what the other armours give, Titan armour, PE PAlvl4 PSI PA's and VK are the only chests i only really use

Titan > INQ4
VK handy for certain occasions
CA PA for PE's going for a 'max resistance' setup
PA's for their class depending on what weapon your trying to use or for the subskill stat bonuses . . .

El Barto
23-11-03, 14:33
And why did they add clown shoes into teh armour?

NeoLojik
23-11-03, 14:45
CA PA instantly identifies you as a CA runner, people dont even need to target you to see that. Without it you tend to find people check your faction before attacking, if your running, generally people wont bother checking.

The CA PA should be hackable or something. Take a suit of it to an NPC and then bam, you have a PA that dosent need you to be CA. The description says its controlled to be worn by CA only, surely it could be hacked :D

rubaduckythug
23-11-03, 14:46
Yea ncpd pa is the best chest piece no doubt, unless you like having a - ath affect using a PA 3,4. espeically if your a tank it works well for pvp, better then D4 :)

greploco
23-11-03, 23:08
na

keep it for CA only

I don't even like CA that much but CA gets a lot dumped on them and they should have something good that only they can use

what I was saying is that they get so much dumped on them and NeoLojik said it well - how it puts a big target on your back - that it should even be a little bit better

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 23:09
At the very least NCDP PA should look better. It's so ugly lol. If the nasty model is gonna stay, they should at least put the colors of a stormbot, or a black stormbot.