PDA

View Full Version : ATI radion chip

Sam Tarrant
22-11-03, 21:52
hello

i got a new computer today with a radion chip in it and i have been haveing a problem with my graphics . My landscape will flash black and blue if i move my cursor above or below a cirten point =( what should i do? i have downloaded the latest driver

Iamzod
22-11-03, 21:55
I had a similar problem on my ATi Radeon 8500, i found that turning sky detail down to medium sorted it.

Lexxuk
22-11-03, 21:55
you should use nvidia. nv > ati

Sam Tarrant
22-11-03, 21:57
ok i will try turning doen the sky detail, and are nvidia driver compatible with ATI then =\

Psycho_Soldier
22-11-03, 22:00
Originally posted by Sam Tarrant
ok i will try turning doen the sky detail, and are nvidia driver compatible with ATI then =\

No... lol

BelPeeWee
22-11-03, 22:02
I have a Radeon 7500, and I have a similar problem. If I am not 'looking' in the proper direction, it appears as if the lighting is not being displayed, it is just the textures. It is rather interesting, though... it just gets really bright. When I am sitting here in the dark, staring at the nice warm colors ... and *blip* Oh my God, I'm blind! -- only does it above ground, though... I'm fine in the sewers.

J. Folsom
22-11-03, 23:01
Actually, a bunch of the current graphical glitches with ATI cards are fixed with one of the latest test server patches; it's just a wait until those changes make it to normal retail, after that the game should be, well, normal.

Krll
23-11-03, 00:57
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Actually, a bunch of the current graphical glitches with ATI cards are fixed with one of the latest test server patches; it's just a wait until those changes make it to normal retail, after that the game should be, well, normal.

The changes don't fix the bug mentioned in this thread I'm afraid.

Psycho: How about being a bit more helpful to an obvious newbie? :rolleyes:

Sam: ATI and nVidia are two competing graphics cards producers, so you'd have to get your graphics card changed if you wanted to swap to nVidia, but the ATI bugs are being worked on at the moment and are gradually being fixed.

-Krll

BeaNo
23-11-03, 01:47
Originally posted by Lexxuk
you should use nvidia. nv > ati

:lol:

Need i say more *sigh*

MjukisDjur
23-11-03, 01:51
my 9700pro pwns

VictorKruger
23-11-03, 04:03
so if nvidia > ati then why is the 9800 (not even the xt version mind you) out-performing the latest nvidia cards out there?

as for the topic at hand, yeah just turn the sky detail down to medium and that is really the only workaround right now. also learning alt+e is a good thing especially when traveling in the subway. i can't wait untill the fixes for ati cards are on the retail server.

Hagbart
23-11-03, 04:12
As it stands now, even an out dated nvidia card will out perform ATI cards in Neocron both in terms of FPS and quality (like the clipping bugs). But I wouldn't say that is an ATI problem, it's a Neocron problem. They really should put some effort into supporting both of the worlds 2 leading GFX chip manufacturers.

Ultima
23-11-03, 04:22
my 9700 pro ownz my old nvidia but then it is newer lol

the 9700 pro beat the new nvidia chips in the brenchmark tests that were done on sum famous site which i cant for the life recall

Sam Tarrant
23-11-03, 12:23
thx for all the help guys =)

Varaem
23-11-03, 12:31
I have a radeon 9600, with full settings I get between 40 and 100 fps in neocron, 40 in plaza 1 staring at all the people and stuff, 100 in empty hallways while i run from p1 to pp1. Just outside the front door of MC5 I got 15. Ow. Stupid grass. I have the latest patches/drivers and stuff because I just got my computer 2 weeks ago. So I don't see why people complain about radeon cards...

Chic0
23-11-03, 13:21
i got Radon 9800 and i usually have 100-120 fps
sometimes i get like 250-333 FPS