PDA

View Full Version : Pls Make this change to Kami Chips next patch :)

\\Fényx//
22-11-03, 21:16
Well ive been playing around with a Kami pistol PE for the last 2 days, ive lommed over to the setup, replayed with my CON, INT, DEX and PSI, And after just winning 14 out of 16 duels against tanks that I count as great duelists, i gotta say im loving being a kami PE, Yes, i hit the ground like a sack of shit unbuffed, but, when buffed ive got damage down to a acceptable ammount. However, main problem IMO with the kamis which why nobody really uses them, is the fact that it takes away 30 from INT, and gives back fuck all other than 40 in youra ttack skill plus some agil and TC/MST, well anyhow, im not fussed by the -30 INT, I can still use light nrg belt with a drug i have to take for self buffs, however the no bonus to dex is what actually hurts me the most, I have to drug to get access to a decent weapon, well what i consider a decent weapon anyway :p

Basically All im asking is can the Kami chips get a bonus to the man stat, Like DEX for rifle/pistol Kami, PSI for APU Kami and STR for HC Kami, IMO I feel that this will make the chips used a bit more often instead of only by us crazy bastards that keep lomming to weird setups :p

So Yes? No? Whats your view?

Add +5 DEX to Pistol Kami
Add +5 DEX to Rifle Kami
Add +5 PSI to APU Kami
Add +5 STR to HC Kami

Views please, keep the flames the fuck away frm me, im made of asbestos anyway so :p

kurai
22-11-03, 21:21
Ummm ....

You just won 88% of the duels, and want to make the chip stronger ?

Not really sure I am following your argument here.

\\Fényx//
22-11-03, 21:28
Originally posted by kurai
Ummm ....

You just won 88% of the duels, and want to make the chip stronger ?

Not really sure I am following your argument here.

Thats just me sayin i love the chip :p If that bit wasnt in there, would you vote no or yes or just be a git cause its me :p ;)

The chip imo would actually get used more than it does now if they made that change, ive taken my SA out for the Kami, im by no means a cookie setup now, and yknow what, its uber fun :D

Shadow Dancer
22-11-03, 21:32
HL tears up kami chipped people, I don't understand how you could use it for actually PvP.

Tratos
22-11-03, 21:35
ohhhh with this and the current reqs for PSI PA youd see some APUs in the 4th PA!! DUN DUN DUNNN!!!!! lol

i quite like it, not that im an APU or anything

*hides sig* cough

hehehe

~T

\\Fényx//
22-11-03, 21:38
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
HL tears up kami chipped people, I don't understand how you could use it for actually PvP.

Well shad ive got CS damage to around 55 bugged, ][)anK was one of the tanks i was fightin and thats where i got that number from, the only problem with fighting a APU monk is the fact that their obscenely overpowerd for attacking attributes, asin they get pretty much point and hold mouse button down aiming, on probably the most powerful weapon in the game with 105 ROF, thats why it hurts, BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM DEAD !

SorkZmok
22-11-03, 21:40
HL tears up people.

Now its right. :D

Opar
22-11-03, 21:42
yes. This would be perfect! I hope KK implement this idea. Or im leaving.

Ark
22-11-03, 21:47
id like to fight you see how your setup is

nugz420
22-11-03, 21:53
yeah i was amazed at how good his kami setup worked i figured id just eat him for lunch.

Outa the 4 fights we had I won 3 but most were close.(would have fought more but if you look on the board you will see my post about building a comp cause mine is on its last leg,and it decided to freeze up)

\\Fényx//
22-11-03, 21:59
Originally posted by nugz420
yeah i was amazed at how good his kami setup worked i figured id just eat him for lunch.

Outa the 4 fights we had I won 3 but most were close.(would have fought more but if you look on the board you will see my post about building a comp cause mine is on its last leg,and it decided to freeze up)

Eh you only killed me twice O_o, i think lol was on a rush anyway :p, then fighting shodan and some other guy that i found in NF 1 I beat them every time :O

I do however consider you one of the best tanks at dueling as you know how to move with one :p

But the one thing i hate is having to drug like a motherfucker to use a decent gun, considering the already HUGE downsides to the Kami compared to the extra ROF and agil it gives . . thats the only thing that pisses me off, If i wanna use a lib and blacksun, ill just take the Kami out and put a moveon in and go for a much tougher setup, using the same guns with capped stats . . see my point ? Thats why the Kami's almost worthless O_o

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 22:11
Last night I took 58 from an unmodded CS when I had 140 energy armour. How on earth did you manage to get your energy total armour up to around 240?

shodanjr_gr
22-11-03, 22:25
+5 to respective stat is imho a bit of an overkill. Make it +3, that seems more proper.

nugz420
22-11-03, 22:30
I do agree with your idea.might make the tank kami actually useful.

As to the fights we fought 4 times. you won one I won 3 one with 14 health left one with 69 health left and one with just over 200 left.

(I suxorz at pvp)

Shadow Dancer
22-11-03, 23:19
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
fact that their obscenely overpowerd for attacking attributes,

:rolleyes:

"obscenely" overpowered is an exaggeration.

Anyways, I was referring to one HL hit. However I don't get how you can take 55 from any CS. How do you have enough con points to get good energy resist after kami AND good fire/x-ray?

Unless you're weak to fire or x-ray..........

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 23:43
I got a xray CS tank to shoot me in NF, 90 energy armour (full duranit 3 and light belt and PA 3, with heavy inq boots) and 90 in energy res, 101 xray res and 40 xray armour

The heat 1 and PPR along with the boots gives me about 55 fire armour ie shit.
140 xray armour and 170ish-100 = 71 energy armor
I take 90 from a cs burst. with a shelter. i could add shelter boots and maybee lom some atl (+15 from kami) but getting it down to 55 seems absurd, and fire res is shafted.

Above assumes gamma bones and pa armour resists actually work.

J. Folsom
22-11-03, 23:46
Dribble, try checking out the holy shelter armor for your PE, I'm pretty certain they give the same if not more energy then duranit 3, but they also provide some x-ray and fire, pierce and force you get enough from force resistance anyway.

I somewhat hope I don't get hunted by a horde of uber resist PE's now because of spilling one of their secrets :P

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 23:47
hmmmm

J. Folsom
22-11-03, 23:49
Actually just checked this out, they just provide a good balance again a bunch of stuff, they're not actually better against energy... Ah well. Still, check 'em out.

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 23:56
Yeah, and inq2 is way better any way. inq2 legs: fire 32, holy shelter legs: energy 10 fire 4 O_o poop

I'll think I will stick with my previous setup, it's almost as fast and I find that the insane rof i get on the judge isnt needed due to the way i use it. That and my resists are nuts.

hinch
23-11-03, 00:01
fenix duel me with kami setup i wanna see how good it really is

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 00:10
Will do later hinch,

Anyway it aint no sekrit super setup, I was splurting out over mIRC yesterday while going crazy from lomming. . .

Anyway here it is

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/test/uploads/1069537759_kami_pistol_PE.JPG

Using BR3, Spy1, PC1, Redflash, nrg resist potion, Det Forte. Using Shelter + Blessed Def

and dank I consider you one of the best duelist tanks tbh, you can move with a tank and its a bitch staying behind you to shoot you in the back ;)

I still have to lom some lore and hacking into psi use, aswell as get some extra force resist, so in theory, my shelter should be stronger than it currently is and gat shouldnt hurt quite as much...

[Edit] And yes, poisons always my chars main weakness, but isnt that EVERYONES weakness? :p and no, i dont give a shite about having a supa sekrit setup and all that jazz, ive posted most my CON setups before anyway

Duder
23-11-03, 00:16
Ah, you know PSI use doesnt do much except giving extra range, little rof and mana?

Dribble Joy
23-11-03, 00:24
40 ATL!!!!?

fuck that's how you did it. i see i see.

With mine i still ahd about 50 points in atl and about a total of about 105 htl

And you used a energy resists potion..... that's almost cheating.

111/124/117 for fire/energy/xray

that's low even with all this stuff. i also notice you're using a gamma chest?

//edit, I think I can improve on it somewhat, gimmeh a few mins....

//edit numbah tooo: where do you get that prog from?

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 00:50
Oh yea, because of the extra pc and AG i'm sure can overspec ag easy.

The pic won't load for me. :(

Rade
23-11-03, 00:58
If it werent for the negative int I would make a rolh kami setup,
that would be sweet. But as it is now, no, I luv me stealth.

Omnituens
23-11-03, 01:02
i think subskill req on the Psi and the Dex ones should be lowered or even removed

i dont see a point in them

what PPU is going to use a kami chip, and who wants to use 2 at once?

Dribble Joy
23-11-03, 01:21
some one please gimmeh a link to the skill prog

NeoLojik
23-11-03, 03:43
Glad to see your putting that kami to good use Fenix :D

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 05:40
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
some one please gimmeh a link to the skill prog

Its in -=BlaseHase=-'s forum Sig.

Also after some other testing, HL and poisons basically all id consider its weakness, or getting caught unbuffed inwhich i hit the deck faster than anything. I couldnt find any way of changing that setup for the better, plus I only take energy resist drug, not the fire/xray/poison ones...

The resists at those points are at about the best level to get more bang for your points, after that it starts to become a waste, as you cound get more outta those points in another skill, The energy resist is as good as its gonna get if Im understanding the way a Kami works correctly, anyway, more to the point

Should KAMI Chips get a bonus to the main stat such as +psi for the APU one, +DEX for Pistol/Rifle ones and +STR for the HC one.

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 05:43
How can poison be a weakness? Just carry level 1 antidote. :p

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 05:45
How can poison be a weakness? Just carry level 1 antidote. :p

lol get orf mah thread you APU troll :p

And yea, I carry antidotes as its my main weakness, and I cant be havin that now can i :p

btw your nothing like what i expected youd be like in your pic :o

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 05:47
lol get orf mah thread you APU troll :p

How did you know my apu is weak against fire?

:p

btw your nothing like what i expected youd be like in your pic :o

O_o

And that means...?

Heavyporker
23-11-03, 07:19
I think he meant he didnt expect a short, muddyskinnish, and uglyass man...

now, I'm sure Fenyx thinks of me as a tall, dark, and handsome man

:D

*before you go ballistic, that was a joke.

edit - yes, I like the idea of kami chips giving + to mainstat.

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 07:21
Originally posted by Heavyporker
I think he meant he didnt expect a short, muddyskinnish, and uglyass man...

O_o

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 07:23
O_o

he said it... not me... :p

/me runs around with a big ass sign saying GET BACK TO THE POINT and hits everyone with it !!!

Heavyporker
23-11-03, 07:33
shadow, let's just say that pic doesn't flatter you.

try it when you get some sort of a tan, LOL.

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 07:36
Um, I'm tanned "color". Maybe the photo doesn't show it but I am. And since you have the nuts to insult me why not post your pic and let's see what we think about that. :rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 07:40
oi you 2 stop it, dont make me bash you with my big ass 'GET BACK TO THE FKING POINT' sign again . . .

Heavyporker
23-11-03, 07:43
fenyx, I already voted and posted that I like the idea of kamis having + to mainstat.

and perhaps I will post my pic when I trim my beard up, but its winter here and I got to walk to classes everyday :(

But it's undeniably handsome :)

roguish, even. hell, throw in ebon-skinned african tribal king :D

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 07:46
*typical excuse to justify not putting pic up even though it's incredibly easy*

Right.

Anyways Fenix, I say yes to your idea. But only because I feel the chips don't give enough of a bonus, not because YOUR setup is incomplete without it. :p

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 07:52

Right.

Anyways Fenix, I say yes to your idea. But only because I feel the chips don't give enough of a bonus, not because YOUR setup is incomplete without it. :p

Its not that its incomplete, I take redflash to make up for it, also makes my PE have a usefull gun, and gives a huge ass bost to my run speed, if the chip gave the +5 dex instead, then well, i wouldnt bother with the hassle of redflash, so would actually be like 22 ath and 12 agil slower or whateva redflash odds...

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 07:53
Ok, which one is better again, red or white flash? I forgot.

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 07:55
Ok, which one is better again, red or white flash? I forgot.

redflash is +5 DEX, puts me to 100 DEX for a judge which i actually love compared to rolh/blacksun/lib etc...

Whiteflash is +4 DEX

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 07:57
Right. I used to use redflash on my apu, but hated the health malus and the dependence.(i wish it was like 30 minutes with 50% SI as the penalty LOL)

How do you afford so much redflash? That was probably my biggest concern.

Heavyporker
23-11-03, 08:01
he prolly cloned the redflash.

and yeah, the speed + on red is rather appealing. but seriously, if you NEED speed, then what the hell are you even looking at health for ^ ^

I don't know about kamis getting +5 for their level (as said, "intended" for midlevelers, so in that setting, I'd expect to see a +3 if anything came from it.

Anyways, who wants to ridicule MC5 chips for being near-clones of techpartted implants?

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 08:06
he prolly cloned the redflash.

and yeah, the speed + on red is rather appealing. but seriously, if you NEED speed, then what the hell are you even looking at health for ^ ^

I don't know about kamis getting +5 for their level (as said, "intended" for midlevelers, so in that setting, I'd expect to see a +3 if anything came from it.

Anyways, who wants to ridicule MC5 chips for being near-clones of techpartted implants?

well first off that pisses me off about MC5 chips, their little more than their respective lvl 4 chip

Theres chips like the zerkz, moto's, balance chips that are all +5's are are what id consider mid level chips...

And no i got a barterer to buy me a stack of 200 redflash's . . . Dont forget i also pump a det forte to buff up&to get my light energy belt working (Cause of the malus to INT) And I also chug a energy resist potion for the +25 energy it gives . . . Tonsa fun when that lot fuckin runs out mid duel in PP ^^

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 08:07
Holy god, that's alot of drugs. I could maybe live on one, but TREE?

:eek:

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 08:10
Holy god, that's alot of drugs. I could maybe live on one, but TREE?

:eek:

I dont live on a tree . . .

Anyway I was gonna go for using a CON drug, and a 2 STR drugs aswell so i could get better armour on, have more health/end aswell :p

Heavyporker
23-11-03, 08:29
fuck man... I can't even get the coordination down to chug one drug if I need it and you're a fucking one-man pharmacopteria?!

Geez.

Yes, MC5 chips kinda piss me off. It's annoying, all this emphasis on them and the general assumption that every capped char has one. Also, I'm rather ticked that KK put stat reqs on them. I didn't get the chance to play around with them, but damn... they sounded like a wonderful way to break cookiecutterness!

And why is the fooking CA epic PA STR 40, pretty much putting it our of reach for spies (with certain imps in) and monks in CA. I mean, KK could have gotten around it with a "CA MASTER + CityAdmin" req on it. Presto, it's accesssible to all classes that's in CA. SO DAMN shortsighted.

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 08:35

Yes, MC5 chips kinda piss me off. It's annoying, all this emphasis on them and the general assumption that every capped char has one.

And why is the fooking CA epic PA STR 40, pretty much putting it our of reach for spies (with certain imps in) and monks in CA. I mean, KK could have gotten around it with a "CA MASTER + CityAdmin" req on it. Presto, it's accesssible to all classes that's in CA. SO DAMN shortsighted.

Yes I agree. Also for the hell they put you through, I don't think mc5 chips are good enough.

Heavyporker
23-11-03, 08:42
Hell is paradise compared to MC5. Try Tartarus (read your greek mythology if you dont understand)

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 08:44
Who doesn't know what Tartarus is, lol.

And yes it is hell, far too long and frustrating. I hope to God KK never makes MC5 chips "reqs" for anything, like any future rares or armor or whatever.

Heavyporker
23-11-03, 08:54
actually, shadow, aren't MC5 chips already reqs for level 4 class pas?

and even with them, you still need drugs.

all for like a fucking +1 to something or someshit.

4th level PAs SHOULD have a set of HUGE bonuses to make getting up to them worth it. Like +20 to all types of resist, like + to filler reqs (either MST or T-C), no minuses, prolly, or reduced minuses (most advanced tech), and perhaps a neat trick or something... like spy pa level 4 gets +50 to hack, like PE pa gets +3 to ALL stats (str, psi, con, dex, int - and no minuses to them), like gentank pa gets +10 to INT (cybernetic jack-in to on-board pseudo-AI), and PSI PA gives +50 to psi resist.

Omnituens
23-11-03, 10:31
To get back on topic, i agree with you fenyx :D

and drop the subskill reqs while youre at it, they are not needed really (see my preivous post)

//Ring\\
23-11-03, 13:32
YES YES YES
NERF MORE NERF ONEONEONE111!!! OMGONOZAPUH0EWITHUBARKAMIANHLTHEPWNZ!!!

yea i can see it all over trade nc already..

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 19:08
Originally posted by //Ring\\
YES YES YES
NERF MORE NERF ONEONEONE111!!! OMGONOZAPUH0EWITHUBARKAMIANHLTHEPWNZ!!!

yea i can see it all over trade nc already..

ring0 dont make me take your free account away now O_o

Anyway pls pls pls make this change to Kami chips, more ppl will probably use them anyway...

I cant believe theyr were made for 'leveling' chars, yet drop from bloody 120/120 mods that can hurt freakin PPUs if they aint careful . . .

QuantumDelta
23-11-03, 19:12
Yes.

Psyco Groupie
23-11-03, 19:15
this change would certainly add more reasoning to why they are so rare, or atleast the mobs that drop em .. etc

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 19:18
chamoan dont give up, vite 5 stars *****

Remember parad0x got em to change dropped weapons so atleast the DO listen, at times :O ignore the ppl that voted no their tits who like cookie setups and cookie weaknesses :P

Dribble Joy
23-11-03, 22:54
Finally got the latest version of the skill manager and I came up with this.

http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/test/uploads/kamisetup2.jpg

waddya think? drugs for duranit3 , last longer and give agl too.
more hp, higher resists, more atl, more end, lots of points to put in int, (note with glove can poke 115)

Spy1
Melee1
Heat3
energy potion
redflash
beast
destrol forte
PA3

Ooops, exp reflex 4, not the reflex, and yeah.. it's for judge.

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 22:55
I think you should go to a rehab center. :p

\\Fényx//
23-11-03, 23:52
DJ put your shelter down as a foreign cast to get a more closer evaluation of the resists, yer PE wont be fully capping the shelt, so wont be fully protected by it :/

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 23:59
DJ put your shelter down as a foreign cast to get a more closer evaluation of the resists, yer PE wont be fully capping the shelt, so wont be fully protected by it :/

I think you only need like 400% on a shelter to get it's max prot.

\\Fényx//
24-11-03, 00:01
I think you only need like 400% on a shelter to get it's max prot.

so why's the damage go upto 595% O_o but your a APU LEGEND !!11111 must respect your word and all that ;)

/me apologises for crossing you on your PPU knowledge :p

g0rt
24-11-03, 01:22
Ya this change makes sense.

WIN

Keiron
24-11-03, 05:19
*is unable to see a single reason why a person has posted no*

//Ring\\
24-11-03, 17:45
wow fenh0e people like ur idea 0.o

ring0 dont make me take your free account away now

u dont have the balls to do it.. whod else would team with ur ppu monkey? ;)