PDA

View Full Version : Construction - formula for build quality cap and TL?

Exile
22-11-03, 20:48
Is there a formula that will tell you the highest TL you are able to cap the build quality, given your current CST, INT and DEX?

Basically I want to be able to advertise my services as, "Constructing - capped quality up to TL xx".

Lexxuk
22-11-03, 21:23
about 150 cst will cap non rares. the dex/int/cst is a myth to do with slots, it is only valid at lower levels, once you cap the actual construct cap, doesnt really matter what your dex/int is.

Bob Monkhouse
22-11-03, 21:26
Not exactly. Your construction ability= (.6*const skill)+(.25*DEX)+(.1*INT)

This value gives a guide to how good your constructor is, but does not equate to the TL you cap.

Someone may have produced a table by empirical means, I have vague memories of seeing one, but until you find it, build something and check the quality against the TL cap table on Croncom.com

Lexxuk
22-11-03, 21:29
there is a construct cap, which is related to pure construct, tests were done ages ago with strych9 (monk) alexandros (spy) and me (pe). Thanny then put the forumla in, because alexandros with higher dex capped quicker (this was durin free lom era), and my PE with 136 or something capped all non rares. However, at a certain point, the level of cst cap was reached by the monk, so there is a cst cap based only on cst skill.

Bob Monkhouse
22-11-03, 21:35
The formula is from the official skills list, Basically the more Dex and Int you have, the less const skill needed to cap the quality on non rares. With capped Dex and Int on a spy you need about 110 construct to hit the quality cap.

Edit. The original poster seems to know about the formula exists, and wants to know if there is a direct correlation to be drawn which will allow him to calculate what TL he caps. The answer to this is a simple "no". My "not exactly" was aimed at this question, Lexx your post snuck in before mine.

Darth Slayer
22-11-03, 21:35
Eric Draven did a post about this a while back search his name and u should find it.
At cst skill of 160 with capped Int and dex is suficent to build rares.
Oh I like your Avatar Lexx for some reason it is so you......:D

Exile
22-11-03, 22:33
thx guys

I found this thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44672&highlight=table) with a table showing the relation of TL to that one formula we're all familiar with ... (CST * 0.6) + (DEX * 0.25) + (INT * 0.15)

This makes things a bit clearer.