PDA

View Full Version : Neocron environmentalists?

Lanigav
22-11-03, 19:31
Its always struck me as kind of odd that there's not a single faction in the game that's related to the planet's environment and its conservation/restoration. Most of the world is barren with only a few trees (how in the hell is there enough oxygen to breathe?) and mutant freakos for animals, so think there would be a group of people scouring the Ceres disks for information on how to help things look a bit better and healthier. I figure there might even be DNA samples of long extinct species stored somewhere, or ones that could be extracted from fossilized remains that could be used for cloning.

Would it be a good idea to add an environmental faction, and/or possibly add a part to the storyline that involves recreating the environment of the past before everything got nuked, at least in a few sectors or so that are relatively safe from the incoming DOY incursion? At the very least, it would force some areas of the game to change and look a lot less bland and generic. :p

Bob Monkhouse
22-11-03, 19:37
Gah, NO!!!! I have a bad enough time having to slap environmentalists IRL without them plaguing me in game.

Trees are net consumers of oxygen. Most of the oxygen in the atmosphere comes from algae in the oceans, so as long as the oceans are supporting plant life we are sorted.

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 19:41
Indeed, teh sea is our friend. All this save the rainforest stuff is bum poo.

Lanigav
22-11-03, 19:44
Ummm, I thought trees were consumers of carbon dioxide. :P

Besides, it isn't just about saving the rainforest (assuming it even still exists in NC), its about the lost animal life and all that. I mean, hell. There aren't even dogs or cats anymore. o_O

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 19:45
Look, just be quiet, all creatures are evil and must be hunted for phat cash n loot. :D

Darth Slayer
22-11-03, 19:46
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Look, just be quiet, all creatures are evil and must be hunted for phat cash n loot. :D

:lol: That is so true Hunt the Chaser's to Extiction I say.....:D

Marx
22-11-03, 19:48
The world is royally fucked up, and will not love you back.

That's the reason for the lack of enviromentalists.

Judge
22-11-03, 19:57
Originally posted by Lanigav
Ummm, I thought trees were consumers of carbon dioxide. :P

Yes but they do also use oxygen.

Lathuc
22-11-03, 20:36
well only in a small portion which they get from CO2 and marine life is prolly dead also along with the rest of the animals and plants in this world

Mumblyfish
22-11-03, 20:52
Martin J hates hippies. He's a real man.

Oath
22-11-03, 20:58
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Martin J hates hippies. He's a real man.

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHHA

YEAH HE'S A REAL MAN!

*Remember the comment on the cute guy...................O_o*

Penzius
22-11-03, 20:59
You know, if you want to setup a RP environmentalist clan you'd be more than welcome to :)

Lexxuk
22-11-03, 21:21
Originally posted by Penzius
You know, if you want to setup a RP environmentalist clan you'd be more than welcome to :)

hmm..

Runner 1 : look, over there, a grim chaser!
Runner 2 : ok, lets get him, you take the left, i'll take him from behind!
Runner 1 : umm, so its true what they say about you?
Runner 2 : I mean attack him from behind!
Runner 1 : ohh.. ok, sorry, ok, lets go!!

Gunfire and plasma burst at the poor grim, then, out of the blue..

Runner 3 : hey, dont shoot that poor creature of nature!
Runner 1 : eh? what you on about?
Runner 2 : what?
Runner 3 : I'm from the GreenPeace clan! Stop shooting that poor creature
Runner 1 : but its a bloody fire breathing monster that kills people!
Runner 3 : nonsense, animals dont kill, humans kill!
Runner 2 : what dya mean, what do they say about me?
Grim Cha : that your a fag dude
Runner 2 : oh, ta
Runner 1 : a talking Grim?
Runner 3 : yes, its one of lifes precious creatures, full of intelligence and a wonderful creature, please, save the animals!
Grim Cha : umm, bloody tree hugging hippy crap

Grim eats runner 3
Runner 1 starts to attack
Runner 2 takes the Grim from behind.

McEvoy
22-11-03, 22:05
that would be cool
a environmentalist clan
and a poacher clan

The poacher clan kills monsters all the time and run hunting parties and trade recyclers rare monster parts. and arnt that interested in OP wars, but kill every animal they see (droms , vultures, cockroaches)

the environmentalists, hunt anything but monsters and animals. they mostly hunt anything robot, they also hunt people who hunt monsters. If there in trouble they combine there powers to call on captain planet (some supper caped apu, each quick slot holds a different element spell ) :D

The Power Is Yours

KramerTheWeird
23-11-03, 02:20
All the enviromentalists were nuked, or eaten by grim chasers.

Actually I think the closest faction to any sort of preservation attempt is Fallen Angels. They have said their research is to work with the world we have and to try and make it better etc.

From Neocron Faction Manual: Fallen Angels

The nearly unanimous opinion among the Fallen Angels about leaving Earth is that mankind should rather try to adapt to the current conditions, which were after all created by humans, and to try to restore Earth to its former state as far as possible, before considering to leave the planet.

Shadow Dancer
23-11-03, 02:40
Maybe if KK made clans "represent" as their own factions, instead of putting in some factions and FORCING us to choose between them. I swear, the faction system in this game is so lame, it's like "cookie cutter" roleplaying.