PDA

View Full Version : Biotech Epic - any adivce on getting to Loba village in one peice?

Andronicus
22-11-03, 18:50
Been trying to get there (and did once only to be shot by a doy bot once i arrived). Does anyone know of a way to get there that is easier than others to aviod these pests?

extract
22-11-03, 18:53
yea theres plenty of ways to get around those bots, but there is no set route and they are patrolling NPCs they dont just sit in one spot....walk around them WAAAAAAAAAAAAY around them

or take a PPU with u

Dazist
22-11-03, 18:54
I managed to get there with my hovertec. Got shot few times by doybots but survived.

QuantumDelta
22-11-03, 18:54
Come in from the north west and you should be fine.

greploco
22-11-03, 18:56
hovertec

or

I had some luck going from yutano - I went straight north from the op and then went east when I reached the rock wall and then due south when I reached L-13

still had to tread very carefully and walk around stuff - but I can get to loba more often that way then from the south or west or east

note - I also avoided TG runners this way as they are also a problem

Jimbo2552
22-11-03, 19:28
When I went there.. I came in from the east... found a path that went around the bots (or stayed pretty far away from them) and I ran like hell :)

Spikadelia
22-11-03, 20:09
Okay I've completed the BT epic five times now.

The Loba run was relatively straightforward for the first two times...... with cautious droning ahead I went straight north from Nemesis, snaked through an extended valley to the right of a concrete observation post in I-13 and hey presto! Of course a DEX 115 Spy Suit, 50 X-Ray resist and pedal to the metal in a Hovertec was a high octane alternative after that.

Then the scout pattern of the DoY bots changed, possibly as a response to runners drawing their attention. My Researcher died in the attempt soooo many times it was ridiculous!

So I tried alternate approaches and I think this is the best, skirt all the way around the edge of the desert areas without straying into the Canyons going east from Blackhill H_11, well north of Nemesis (I_14) all the way up to Syncon Lab. As long as you're moving fast enough with medkits to hand you should be able to escape any War Wabbits or Firemobs.

Once you get to Syncon head to the NW corner and to the edge of the desert. A ridge of hills extend west, keeping the hills on your southern side hug the hill line at the desert edge and head west. You will synch once and thats always a risk. You may be able to turn and run if you hit DoYs. You will be in the right zone and will have to head roughly to the middle of J_13. Look for the stroppy muties outside a faux Egyptian building and bingo!

Retracing your steps to Syncon is the preferred escape route.

Bon Chance...... :angel:

El Barto
22-11-03, 20:50
I drove though all the DoY bots on a hovertech

Sanch0s
22-11-03, 21:03
AHHhhhh the obliterator......the gimpage is worth it!

J. Folsom
22-11-03, 22:39
If you're a spy or PE, I'd just go for stealth tool II, back when I was Tangent I used to use it all the time to sneak past groups of the DoY bots, it takes some nerve but can easily help you get anywhere in the desert zones.

Of course, if you're willing to seriously gimp yourself, a stealth III or even an obliterator should make it easy as stealing candy from a baby. If you're built for speed (Like I usually do...), using the obliterator once should get you across a zone.

Edit: Of course, assuming you're a tank or a monk, your best chance is trying to stay as far away from them as possible. From what I last saw they really don't move around too much unless some nut is killing them, so circling around the groups should work.

More Edit: Typos fixed.

naimex
22-11-03, 22:44
i have run the wastes millions of times, found routes for friends not allied with DoY to avoid the bots, and have seen a pattern.. for some reason it is only in the deep desert zones that DoY bots "DO NOT" follow the roads.. so best way to avoid them is :: "STAY OFF THE ROADS" ;)

Xizor
23-11-03, 01:30
I just completed the epic earlier today.
I came in from the south as a /63 tank on my hover I took a few shots but it was ok.
There was not alot of bots when I came in from the south I think..I tried going in from ne and got killed...That was the first time ;)

QuantumDelta
23-11-03, 04:47
Heh.....there aren't any DoY bots in the north west of the sector..
..and there's an op a sector or two north west :p

//Ring\\
23-11-03, 13:42
best way to get around em

sit in ur hover and wait for some other n00b to run into them, when they hunt his sorry ass down step on that accelerator ;)

or..

just go to a ridge and fly off it then magically soar over the DoY bots.. just bring a parachute when gravity starts to kick in :rolleyes:

Neo LoneWolf
23-11-03, 17:40
Most of the best ways have already been pointed out - don't come in from the south/south-east, use stealth if you can, use serious speed. Oh - and don't walk around with a weapon drawn.