PDA

View Full Version : You said just armor....but wtf?

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 17:40
The kami chips were supposed to take away from armor, not Con stats......but as it seems we were lied to. With over 350 energy resist I can't get the damage from HL under 150 per hit. Is this going to be fixed, or did you intend for it to be this way Callash?

.Cyl0n
22-11-03, 18:00
yup im waitin for a fix too =(

.cy

Psyco Groupie
22-11-03, 18:14
I would be cool if a global message went out when a kami spawned *Caution runners doy have launched a kami soldier etc

as for the armor .. who knows :/

Candaman
22-11-03, 18:15
my apu had a kami and i got his dmg to less than 60 from hl

Lathuc
22-11-03, 18:19
i thought it always took from both so when i was using a pistol kami i just skipped the energy resist thing

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 19:29
Originally posted by Candaman
my apu had a kami and i got his dmg to less than 60 from hl

ya.........:rolleyes:

\\Fényx//
22-11-03, 19:31
heh my pistol PE's currently using a Kami, QD's seen the setup ive got, and When buffed, self buffs, and using 3 drugs, I can take 7-9 mursts from a CS before dropping, but unbuffed my PE hits the ground like a soggy sack of shit :p

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 19:34
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
heh my pistol PE's currently using a Kami, QD's seen the setup ive got, and When buffed, self buffs, and using 3 drugs, I can take 7-9 mursts from a CS before dropping, but unbuffed my PE hits the ground like a soggy sack of shit :p

Try HL....it brings you to your knees with a kami in. I can take plenty of hits from a CS, but HL or a energy modded ray pistol and I'm dropping faster than lexxuk on a dead drom.

\\Fényx//
22-11-03, 19:36
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Try HL....it brings you to your knees with a kami in. I can take plenty of hits from a CS, but HL or a energy modded ray pistol and I'm dropping faster than lexxuk on a dead drom.

Ehm, you cant really test from 2 or 3 hits from a HL, It does stupidly random damage, sometimes it will do 15 others 150, but HL's always been like that to me for a while now nomatter what char . . .

[Edit] You got a APU on pluto right ? Log on now, ill b e on my PE, '.Fenix' and lets see what I take while self buffed . . .

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 19:38
I was under the impression it took away from the total armour resist. Ie. the amount of armour after resist bonus has been added.

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 19:40
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
[Edit] You got a APU on pluto right ? Log on now, ill b e on my PE, '.Fenix' and lets see what I take while self buffed . . .

I'm at work right now, but I will be home in a couple of hours.

@dribble joy. I thought it was the armor bonus period. Meaning if I had 250 armor bonus I would still recieve 50 energy bonus in addition to my Con points.

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 19:47
TBH we aren't sure. But if it was just armour then a simple reworking of armour/resists would possibly over power the kami chips.
Eg. Stuff all con points in energy and all armour in fire and the kami would have little impact.

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 19:57
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
TBH we aren't sure. But if it was just armour then a simple reworking of armour/resists would possibly over power the kami chips.

I don't see how it would make it over powered......99.9% of the people don't use it because it basically gives you nothing in return. Meaning a PE caps his lib *already*....and tanks caps his CS *already* etc.....so why would I use something that completely destroyes all of my defences if it doesn't help in the least? I guess what I'm saying is you should be able to rework your resists to make the kami usefull.

Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Eg. Stuff all con points in energy and all armour in fire and the kami would have little impact.

Only a tank or PE could do this realisticly.

Judge
22-11-03, 20:02
Callash stated somewhere (in one of the earlier kami threads, not the sticky) that it does indeed take away from both and that its not a bug.

Have fun ;)

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 20:06
so why would I use something that completely destroyes all of my defences if it doesn't help in the least? I guess what I'm saying is you should be able to rework your resists to make the kami usefull.

Kamis are meant to be leveling items I think, though I do agree, the total destruction of ones defence is not worth the bonuses you recive.

Only a tank or PE could do this realisticly.

Yes, and only really high tech PEs too. The extra TC is awesome as well as the AGL/ATL. With a kami, PEs could cap the rof of a RoLH, man that kind of dmg at a BS rate. ouch.
I'm tempted to experiment more with my pistol kami for my judge... hmmm..

//edit: It would be nice to get some kind of official statement.

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 20:08
Originally posted by Judge
Callash stated somewhere (in one of the earlier kami threads, not the sticky) that it does indeed take away from both and that its not a bug.

Have fun ;)

Any chance a mod could open my eyes to this, because I've searched and searched......only one I see is the armor negative.

icarium
22-11-03, 20:10
surely the point of the kami chip is you do uber damage but also take uber damage? basically what you are asking for is all the benefits but no drawbacks.

take the chip out if you dont like the drawbacks 8|

Dribble Joy
22-11-03, 20:11
The problem is that we allready cap the dmg, and the increase in the other areas isn't enough for the insame malus to our defences.

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 20:14
Originally posted by icarium
surely the point of the kami chip is you do uber damage but also take uber damage? basically what you are asking for is all the benefits but no drawbacks.

take the chip out if you dont like the drawbacks 8|

For ALL classes you will take plenty more damage. Probably 20-30% more infact, but the possotives to the kami are dwarfed by the insane negatives.

I'm not asking for no drawbacks, I'm asking for them to make it usefull for more than just a player in transit to cap....cause let's be honest that only takes a couple of days.

-Demon-
22-11-03, 20:17
Maybe just think about the name of the chip for a second, then ask the question again why you get a hell of alot of minuses.

As always stated for the most part it's good for lvling as you gain access to the high end weapons etc, which increase damage which increase exp etc etc

I've been tempted to try out a rifle kami on my spy...maybe I will.

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 20:26
Originally posted by -Demon-
Maybe just think about the name of the chip for a second, then ask the question again why you get a hell of alot of minuses.

As always stated for the most part it's good for lvling as you gain access to the high end weapons etc, which increase damage which increase exp etc etc

I've been tempted to try out a rifle kami on my spy...maybe I will.

I completely understand the "name" of kami chip....but let's face it we already cap our weapons. So why is a perfectly good chip being put to waste? If it allowed us to go OVER the cap of our weapons then I could deal with it. If it allowed us to do more damage, better aiming, faster frequency than I'ld agree...but it doesn't. It does basically nothing but destroy your defences with very_little bennefit.

EDIT: But that's not the point of the thread. Is the armor AND con neggative supposed to be there or is it a bug?

Shadow Dancer
22-11-03, 21:07
Perhaps if the damage cap was increased for all classes, and you could only pass it by using a kami chip, would it then be worth it.

Psyco Groupie
22-11-03, 21:13
or a hl capped apu with full mana .. :P

i'd defo use it for leveling and such ... just need to get around this lame proxy at uni O.o

SorkZmok
22-11-03, 21:48
I don't see how it would make it over powered......99.9% of the people don't use it because it basically gives you nothing in return. For example think about a PE with a fully capped RolH with a decent Defense. There you go. RolH PEs already are overpowered, if ppl get their defense sorted _with_ Kamis, well fuck this.

/edit
Also, you need less p-c/r-c so you can be even faster. Way faster.

BAD!

Scikar
23-11-03, 04:12
I asked a dev about this in a thread a while back to check. It's like Dribble Joy said, a negative to armor, after adding con resists.

Personally I think they're fine as they are. Not everybody powerlevels all their characters, and kami chips are aimed at mid level characters. If they were aimed at high level chars, the reqs would be higher.

Judge
23-11-03, 04:17
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Perhaps if the damage cap was increased for all classes, and you could only pass it by using a kami chip, would it then be worth it.

I was thinking of something along those lines....

Rade
23-11-03, 04:27
Its because resists are processed then added to armor, for
example if you have 50 energy resist what happens is that you
get 45 more energy armor. Hence when you subtract armor you
effectively reduce someones combination of armor and resist, its
not a bug. Also resists cap at 114 and then they give 119 extra
armor so having anything over that is just a waste.

Ehyuko
23-11-03, 04:32
I think the point Ghandi is trying to make here is he has 100+ energy resist AFTER the kami has taken away it's 100, but he is damaged by energy as if his energy resist is the same as 0, meaning the chip is actually taking away ALL energy resist instead of the -100 it says.

That sounds like a bug to me.