PDA

View Full Version : Final Fight - Part 1 - Arrival

PenguinNick
22-11-03, 07:19
Sorry for the crapiness of the story, I will probably revise this first part before moving on, this is just to give you an idea of where I will be going with the whole story. Please give me your opinions. Thank you.

I was 16 when it happend, I had been playing a game called Neocron for three years now, and had become quite good at it. I was up late playing on night while it was storming. A bolt of lightning hit the electrical system and shocked me. I don't know exactly what happend after that, all I know is I must've been unconscious, because after that I woke up in... that room. A familiar room, one that I had been to before but, it was impossible that I was here now. Could this really be happening?

Part 1 - Arrival

The room I was in was identical to the one you start out in at the MC5 base. No, not identical, it was that room. I knew what it was but, how? How could this be possible. Neocron is just a game, that's all it is. Curious though, I stood up and walked over to the grav lift.

"Greetings runner!" a loud voice said. Startled, I turned to look only to see the MC5 Base Commander standing there.

"Where am I?"

"You know where you are Jake."

"How... how do you know my name?"

"You think that storm was just a coincidence? That your power just happend to be hit at the exact same time as you were creating a new character?"

"I..." I didn't know what to say. I thought it was weird we had a storm that bad during a season which it never rained. "Well why am I here?"

"We're in trouble. It seems some hackers implemented viruses into the Neocron system. As we were fixing it, several programmers, such as myself, and players awoke here. We didn't believe it at first but, this is as real as it gets."

"So what does this have to do with me?"

"The only way for us to return home is to destroy the virus that has taken over the server. To do that we needed to find a way to get several runners here to fight against the virus, you were the last runner to be taken here, until we had enough to defeat the virus. However, there was a little problem that we didn't know about."

"What's that?"

"It seems the virus has... evolved. It has taken its own runners to fight against us."

"So what the hell am I supposed to do?"

"Take this," the commander said handing me a single shot pistol, a stamina booster, a kevlar armorvest 1, and 2 clips of ammo. "This is all we were able to get for you. As you know outside is a genereplicator which will take you to your apartment. Currently there are some runners protecting the entrance to Neocron from the wastelands, holding off the virus. We don't know how long they will last though. There are only a select few of them. The rest of the runners, such as yourself, are sharpening their skills by leveling and gathering items to raid the enemies base someone to the very north of the wastelands, a place called..."

"Dome of York," I said cutting him off.

"Yes, that is right. Take this as well," he handed me a little square wrist device.

"What is this?"

"This shows your statistics. You are technicly just an animated character such as any that you would play. Only you can think and move as a real human. As you fight you will level, and spend your skill points. Now head quickly to the generep outside. There is no time to waste. Good luck."

I ran outside and to the generep which took me to my apartment in Plaza 2. I guess this is it, I guess this is my final fight in Neocron. The game was the same, but the stakes were much higher, dieing is not an option.