PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with copbots?

chep
22-11-03, 01:26
hi folks,

my monk has shity sl so i know the copbots will own me,
but how can shoot a cop trough walls and hit me on place where they shouldnt can hit me like behind walls and shit?:confused:

btw: i was in medi care and i saw not one copbot moves his arse but anything killed meh.

ok i dont wanna change this shit just wanna know how you think about it?

regards
chep

ezza
22-11-03, 01:28
since there guns dont need LOS to hit you they only need to see a small part ofyou and they can hit

Mumblyfish
22-11-03, 01:28
They have weapons which fire like beams, hitting the target directly from above. This stops...

Innocents getting injured.
Low-SL fuckers being in Plaza.

Simple as.

J. Folsom
22-11-03, 01:29
They can actually shoot through walls due to the nature of their shots; if you've seen 'em shoot someone, it actually looks a lot like they're using poison beams.

That was actually implemented ages ago to prevent bad SL people from making the copbots kill people with their shots (Since the shots had to originally travel to the intended victim, hitting anyone in between the copbot and the copbot's target).

g0rt
22-11-03, 01:32
x = you , y = copbot, | = wall

Server sees:

|
|
| y
x

You see:

|
x | y
|

Lag wins...

omg that so doesnt work damn this board and its one space is enuf policy :p you might get the point i dunno

Machen
22-11-03, 02:12
Originally posted by g0rt
omg that so doesnt work damn this board and its one space is enuf policy :p you might get the point i dunno       |
      |
      |y
      x
then
      |
   x | y
      |
Donno if it does works on your side, at least it does on my PC...
(Local code ownz if it does ;) )

DarkPhoenix
22-11-03, 02:13
Did copbots always have Copbot rifles? I seem to remember back in early beta that they had projectile weapons. I remember seeing innocent people getting pwned by the cops as low Slers ran by...

Might have just been a dream....:o

ezza
22-11-03, 02:17
back in beta one of the stages of beta they had pistols

jernau
22-11-03, 06:50
Originally posted by ezza
back in beta one of the stages of beta they had pistols

Wasn't it EPRs or is my memory failing me?

@Dark - yeah, they got the current guns to stop them massacring "innocents".

Eledhbrant
22-11-03, 07:35
But it was SO damn funny!

In beta you'd see the plaza one people jump for higher ground as a Red SL dude sprints across plaza, people getting mowed down, so funny

QuantumDelta
22-11-03, 07:41
Originally posted by g0rt
x = you , y = copbot, | = wall

Server sees:

|
|
| y
x

You see:

|
x | y
|

Lag wins...

omg that so doesnt work damn this board and its one space is enuf policy :p you might get the point i dunno
I win :p

jernau
22-11-03, 07:45
Talking of CopBots :

Can someone please move the one that's jammed into the alleyway past the bar in P1 on Saturn (in front of CAHQ). He's stuck so fast people can't get through.

Stupid untidy copbots.o_O