PDA

View Full Version : Spys are borked on my PC and Im pissed

Sealdude
22-11-03, 00:40
I made a new spy on pluto and when I went to load the games the little white lines that move just froze and it never loads. I remade the character 3 times, reinstalled NC, and made one on saturn. Still nothing. My PE on saturn seems to work just fine.

My specs:
2.0 ghz amd athlon 2400xp
Win 98 SE
ATI Radeon 7200
384 mb ram
Net Gear router

(my spy worked with this setup minus the CPU about a year ago)

Gungnir
22-11-03, 00:42
--

Were you trying to create the SPY on the same server as the PE?
--
Gungnir

Sealdude
22-11-03, 00:45
Yea.

J. Folsom
22-11-03, 00:45
Originally posted by Gungnir
--

Were you trying to create the SPY on the same server as the PE?
--
Gungnir As much as I'll likely get in trouble for this... Read my good copbot fellow read, he said one's on pluto and one's on saturn!

*cough*

Anyway, I suspect your MC5 files are corrupt, no easy way to get around that, though the file checker option in the launcher MIGHT fix it.

Cyphor
22-11-03, 00:46
have you tried making other classes? its more likely a prob syncing to mc5, i dont think a specific class can cause probs :)

Lexxuk
22-11-03, 00:47
what power supply you using? (in watts) :D

Sealdude
22-11-03, 00:48
Yea I remeber that my first spy was TG and said MC5 then I deleted it and changed it to TS and it still said location: MC5. So what do I have to do? Checking files isent doing squat.

Cyphor
22-11-03, 01:10
The problem may actually be in zoning into mc5 or it may be a problem with the files on your computer relating to mc5 or mc5 itself, is anyone able to zone into mc5? There have been times when zones get messed up.
It may also be a prob with files on your computer relating to creating a character or with the server and creating character, anyone created a char recently? If you can log in on one char its not likely to be a hardware prob, its more likely a corrupt file or a problem with the server atm.

Sealdude
22-11-03, 01:32
I have tried for the past two days and I really want to play as my new spy now :wtf:

Lenard
22-11-03, 04:57
Your pak_mesh_spy_male.act file is most likely corrupt. It causes the problem you are describing.

Look in your neocron\models\ directory and see if there is a file called pak_mesh_spy_male.act if you see it delete it, and run the file checker with the patcher and redownload the file.

If you do not see it then somehow your models.pak file was corrupt in the exact same spot where the spy male model is kept. Then try running the file checker anyways. There will be 2 results.

1. The file checker will detect that the act file is not there and it will redownload it.

2. It wont detect that the spy male model is missing.
a. To force the patcher to redownload pak_mesh_spy_male.act you can make a blank txt file and rename it to pak_mesh_spy_male.act and run the file checker then it will detect that the file is corrupt since it will override the models.pak file.

b. Or you can just get a friend to send you his pak_mesh_spy_male.act file.

Hope this helps. Be sure to reply if it does or doesn't work. So we can figure out whats wrong if its not the model file.

-Len

Sealdude
22-11-03, 06:35
Bah! NC dosent want me to play a spy. No spy pak was in the folder or anywhere so I created it. File checker and the updater failed to notice (or care) and it still dosent work. Anyone want to send me the file? My aim is -Gamerboy850

dbomb
22-11-03, 06:50
i dont have a pak_mesh_spy_male.act file and nc runs fine, are you sure thats the right file?

Lenard
23-11-03, 03:46
Ok I was hoping it didn't come down to this!

I'm on my laptop right now so I'm affraid I can't actually upload the file but I can teach you how to manually edit your FilesToFix.inf file, you'll find it in Neocron\patches dir.

put this line in it.

models\mesh_spy_male.act

or if that does not work, write the line in hex...

18186D6F64656C735C6D6573685F7370795F6D616C652E61637401

That will force the patcher to download the file without doing an actual file check.

Cheers~

MacenzieWolf
23-11-03, 08:44
Only one thing can be said here...

H4X

:D

jernau
23-11-03, 09:56
Originally posted by J. Folsom
As much as I'll likely get in trouble for this... Read my good copbot fellow read, he said one's on pluto and one's on saturn!

*cough*

Anyway, I suspect your MC5 files are corrupt, no easy way to get around that, though the file checker option in the launcher MIGHT fix it.

I could be worng but I think Gungnir was trying to ask politely if he had tried to make 2 chars on a single-char server.;)

Distaria
23-11-03, 11:01
Yeah, dude, there's a bug where if you go to a server like Saturn(4 char), and you then switch to Pluto or Jupiter(1 char servers), it will dispay 4 slots when there should only be one. If you're trying to make a second character on a one character server when you already have one, it will just freeze.

Lenard
23-11-03, 11:23
There are lots of ways this could be happening, though it sounds like he tried logging and relogging quite a bit, even trying out his other characters. Sounds like a corrupt model file to me imo, cuz I seriously doubt he knows how to manipulate his .def files which could also lead to this error.

~cheers

Sealdude
23-11-03, 21:35
I know about the 4 chars on a 1 char server bug and its not that. Here is what I did:

Deleted my old tank on pluto (which work)
Made a new character (which did not work)
Deleted and remade the pluto charqacter several times (dident work)
Made a spy on saturn which is the same server and my PE (dident work)

Edit * I did that thing that forced my Neocron to download the spy files and it still dosent work. My location says: MC5 something so could it be that MC5 error? Or could I be missing other models.

Sealdude
24-11-03, 02:26
I tired making a PE on pluto and that dident work. My tank on saturn, from before I stopped playing NC for a while also dosent work but my PE on saturn does. Weird.

Lenard
24-11-03, 06:08
I'm guessing its your zone files then?

Sealdude
24-11-03, 22:27
Do you know how to fix them?

Sealdude
26-11-03, 00:31
Does anyone know what is wrong/ know how to fix it. Sorry to keep bumping this to the top but I am paying 10$ a month to play one character and Im not too happy. I have sent tech support and email but I hear it takes a while for them to respond. Thanks.

numb
26-11-03, 16:38
I've had the problem with a corrupt zone file or whatever and what happened there was, I'd log in and get booted straight back to the login prompt with no error message. (GRing to various locations caused this.. then I'd need to get a GM to teleport me elsewhere). So it may not be the same problem - and the reinstall fixed that - just to help you narrow it down a little.

dbomb
27-11-03, 22:09
yeah i'd say reinstalling every once in awhile is a good idea the files do get kinda screwy over time

Sealdude
28-11-03, 01:32
It solved itself somehow. Thanks for you help guys.

Sealdude
28-11-03, 20:58
Damn NC! Its back to its old tricks again. My character on saturn works but my Spy on pluto dosent. Same symptoms.