PDA

View Full Version : EOB Veteran Coming Back

grot
22-11-03, 00:14
So, I've been off playing all the other MMORPGs but there's been this little pang in my heart for my early times with Eternity of Beta and the Twilight Guardian on Pluto.

I reupped my account. Don't know if my character is long since dead or not, but will be coming in anyway. When I left, I gave all my stuff to various folks in game. If anyone remembers me and cares to twink me back some stuff, or if any TG Clans are looking for a good droner, let me know.

Fight the power.

Grot

nonamebrandeggs
22-11-03, 00:30
You will be sad to learn that TG has become the lame(r)ist faction on Pluto.

Vampire222
22-11-03, 00:46
O-o eob vet, fucking awesome

[SP]Ostrich
22-11-03, 00:46
I was in EOB too, was that your game name? i cant remember a person called grot, too long ago i suppose.

g0rt
22-11-03, 01:11
you would be an EOB vet had you been playing this entire time.... quitting for a year and coming back doesn't constitute a vet of any kind.

Shadow Dancer
22-11-03, 01:13
I had to read both names twice before I realized it wasn't the same person talking, lol.

Referring to grot and g0rt. :p

\\Fényx//
22-11-03, 01:15
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I had to read both names twice before I realized it wasn't the same person talking, lol.

Referring to grot and g0rt. :p

One way to differentiate is to call one Scrot and the other Git :p

/me runs :eek:

jokez ok easy Nid easy :D

Yea same here tho got em mixed up lol

robdekoning
22-11-03, 02:23
Originally posted by g0rt
you would be an EOB vet had you been playing this entire time.... quitting for a year and coming back doesn't constitute a vet of any kind.

dude..Who cares really, then rather not post anything

grot
22-11-03, 03:09
Wow, what an insane bunch of hatred? So I was supposed to just keep my account open during one of the hideous bug-eras, simultaneous with Kane (the founder) quitting, and someone else running off with all the Clan treasury to found his own thing? Would this entitle me to the respect I am so salivating to earn???

Jeesh. Nothing like a warm welcome back!

I guess I should have titled my post "EOB suckwad who quit is crawling back on hands and knees, begging forgiveness from 14 year old gits who can't find a job or move out of their parent's basement"?

Wow. Now I remember why I left.

Sigh.

See y'all in game I guess.... Doesn't sound like much of my old crew is left.

Lexxuk
22-11-03, 03:11
waves @ grot - dont worry dude, the forum has degenerated into a lot of whinin people who want to scream nerf every 5 seconds, and flame you to hell if you dont agree with their narrowmindedness.

nice to see you back, not sure if you were there when EOB took over the top floor of CA HQ, but that was class ;)

grot
22-11-03, 03:23
I was right there, crouched in the corner, laying waste with drones, side by side with Case and Kane...

joran420
22-11-03, 03:30
welcome back man

Rieper
22-11-03, 05:26
Originally posted by Lexxuk
waves @ grot - dont worry dude, the forum has degenerated into a lot of whinin people who want to scream nerf every 5 seconds, and flame you to hell if you dont agree with their narrowmindedness.

nice to see you back, not sure if you were there when EOB took over the top floor of CA HQ, but that was class ;)

nerf free speech!

[SP]Ostrich
22-11-03, 05:46
grot, i think it was kaen, not kane... i could be wrong, too long ago heh.

hakusho soulweaver was the one who ran away with the clan funds, kaen left for rl issues.

EOB was so fun. :D

KRIMINAL99
22-11-03, 05:53
Originally posted by grot
So, I've been off playing all the other MMORPGs but there's been this little pang in my heart for my early times with Eternity of Beta and the Twilight Guardian on Pluto.

I reupped my account. Don't know if my character is long since dead or not, but will be coming in anyway. When I left, I gave all my stuff to various folks in game. If anyone remembers me and cares to twink me back some stuff, or if any TG Clans are looking for a good droner, let me know.

Fight the power.

Grot

How long have you been gone? PVP drops have been locked in quickbelts which rarely ever get hacked and everyone has a safeslot they can hide one access belt item in from dropping :(

PVP isnt as adrenaline packed as it was in beta...

solling
22-11-03, 08:16
You will be sad to learn that TG has become the lame(r)ist faction on Pluto.

belive that woudl be BD or maybee even TT :rolleyes:

nonamebrandeggs
22-11-03, 08:23
BD? Since when...?

Anna
22-11-03, 08:23
Originally posted by solling

cough :rolleyes:

petek480
22-11-03, 08:32
Originally posted by solling
Actually noname was wrong for saying TG is the lamest faction, becuase not everyone in TG is lame. It's just one certain clan that makes the whole faction seem lame.

Anna
22-11-03, 08:34
Originally posted by petek480
Actually noname was wrong for saying TG is the lamest faction, becuase not everyone in TG is lame. It's just one certain clan that makes the whole faction seem lame.

true, but that one certain clan is like 90% of TG isnt it? :D

Shadow Dancer
22-11-03, 08:36
Originally posted by Anna
true, but that one certain clan is like 90% of TG isnt it? :D

lol, when has there ever been an "even" split in pluto TG. I'm waiting for the next TG "flavor". :p

Anna
22-11-03, 08:39
lol, when has there ever been an "even" split in pluto TG. I'm waiting for the next TG "flavor". :p

there was a time when there were 3-4 pvp capable clans i think, not all as big as the other, but still, id name some, but i dunno if thats allowed, though the clans have been long dead

[SP]Ostrich
22-11-03, 08:56
EOB crackheads EON.

even balance.

EON pwnt us through their uberhax0r technique.

crackheads were funny (in a good way)

eob rocked.

amfest
22-11-03, 10:40
Kaen or Agent Kaen in beta .. . wasn't the orginal leader I was . .and he was my co-leader .. I just waited for a while to get retail so hopefully most of the bugs would be stomped out by the time i did get neocron. Kaen went and brought EOB to retail . .. Orginally EOB stood for End of Beta . . but beta contiuned instead so I changed it to Eternity of Beta for laughs.
Photcron and Hakusho Soulweaver were my buddies when we started the clan . . . and we had a vision of helping each other out and anyone we can. . . a clan of friends with good natures . . . I'm not sure what all happeneed .. I was listening to the mailing list . . but it wasnt' clear .. Oh well .. doesnt' matter
Either way the Orginal leader and founder is me :D
Kaen had another clan before beta lost the server we were on . . . and EOB helped them protect a OP .. after the server went ... Kaen decided to join EOB instead of making his own clan again . .. wish I could remember the clan he orginally had . . . anyone who knew agent kaen in beta remember .. . . beta quiz! .. lol . . I know he had a member named inspector gadget though i'm not sure on spelling .. . oh well . . .

grot
24-11-03, 21:12
Hey Ostrich, I remember you I think. yeah, spelling wrong (lol)....

During my "stint" with EOB, it was definately EON/EOB/Crackhead land.

When I logged in, it looked like there were still 3 members of EOB (grin) - but rather than try and boost the past, I just joined the clan everyone loves to hate (grin). FF, why not. Total chaos as far as I can see.

I really, realliy miss the old EOB days - it was a 3-4 month period of the best RPGing of my life. Haven't found anything close to as cool.

Meant no disrespect to any ancient history - all I know is that Kaen (my bad on the spelling) ran it when I joined, and Case was his second. And I vividly remember that it was NOT Kaen who took the cash, it was actually a player I had only ever seen on one or two missions, but obviously one who had been trusted.

solling
24-11-03, 21:15
lol

Lafiel
24-11-03, 21:15
DONT JONI FF!! they are the lamest clan and bring disgrace to TG

solling
24-11-03, 21:17
lol dont join dark they just lame

Psycho Killa
24-11-03, 21:28
Ostrich dont forget RPD vs Eob RAWR!!

Jest
24-11-03, 21:36
lol, when has there ever been an "even" split in pluto TG. I'm waiting for the next TG "flavor". :p There was a time in TG where we were the underdogs of the server, back when it was just NCAT and Legion. Those were the best days of TG, we held ZERO ops between the two of us. Most of our fighting was done by keeping CRP clean of enemies.

Oh and uh, welcome back grot.

solling
25-11-03, 02:02
agrh i remeber RPD damn !!! !!!!! was the best PE i ever saw when i just started on plutoi she was liek capped and i saw her move like the lighting(before speed nerf) and i was liek all WOOOOOOOOOT hehe those where the days when 1 guy could make a big difference and take on 5 others if enough skills and enough lvls

gizmojack
25-11-03, 16:29
Well welcome back man. You might wanna check up on the new droner implants and rares.

If you are looking to try out an all droner clan though, email me in-game [Saturn]. You can check out one of the events we held here Link (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81428)

ribenaman
27-11-03, 17:37
Hey Grot,

Remember me from EOB? Recently, I've been a tad curious too about this place, see what's changed, etc. I think I've been away even longer than you. I doubt I'll ever play this seriously again but I reckon it's got to be worth wandering around for a bit in, so I put myself down for a month. If you've had a few days experience, what's it like?

@Amfest Hi, how's it going? remember me from beta, those WERE the days...

@Lexxuk, hehe I recall the strike on CA HQ, that was absolutely fantastic, most fun I've had in front of a computer, but it wasn't to be repeated, sadly. I left with lots of others a long time ago under a dark cloud. Glad you're still playing, it's funny, the moment I saw your name I thought of the CA HQ strike too...

@Ostrich, Hey there, have you been playing all this time?

Well, Once more unto the breach...

necrocon
28-11-03, 09:50
I remember Kane he burned me and the Brotherhood with the alliance we had set up. When EOB went to TH I also remember CSM kicker there buts :-p anyway nice to have a vet one way or the other back in game one more person to hunt hehe

ignore all the arses but me of course :-p

necrocon
28-11-03, 09:52
also though YES you were supposed to stick it out through the bugs there still here it is loyalty I trust in KK and they havent reset the server now have they so all is well. In all this time never have we been reset which they said could happen at some point its a game have fun bugs are interesting

driving in my tank tehn wham not in it surounded by WBs and I live to tell about it

amfest
28-11-03, 10:21
@Amfest Hi, how's it going? remember me from beta, those WERE the days...

Hey there ribenaman . lol .. .yeah I remember .. remember sherman bay was EOB's leveling spot with the DH mob .. lol.. .were you around when the big scorpion mob appeared while we were fighting it all of a sudden ... and we all died . .. when all the little scorpions started spawning ... I forgot the name but I guess it's the boss mob at el farid ... I think a GM got jealous of our leveling spot and spawned it on us :D

Anyhow nice to see ya .. and maybe we'll run into each other in game . . though I've been playing different characters on different servers not named as Amfest . .