PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Has My Char Gone!!!!

Candaman
21-11-03, 23:20
http://sigdepot.nhldepot.org/Cannings/hacked.JPG

Got home to find my capped psi/dex/str/con APU kinda MISSING

How the fuck does this keep happening and wtf is being done to stop it

Is there no way they can put a completely seperate password that u have to enter in order to delete a char or something there must be some fucking way to stop people as good as giving up the game because some prick wants to look hard hacking accounts.

J. Folsom
21-11-03, 23:22
Have you tried quitting 'cron and then starting it up again and logging in again? It might help.

Otherwise, try contacting helpdesk@neocron.com, there's at least a chance they'll be able to help.

g0rt
21-11-03, 23:22
that sux

ericdraven
21-11-03, 23:24
hmm (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82458)

Candaman
21-11-03, 23:28
yeah i read that warning today

great help now

MjukisDjur
22-11-03, 00:41
hope you get your char back.. not likely though :(

rubaduckythug
22-11-03, 01:18
That really suxz, :( well mabey the very honorable and extremly hard working helpdesk will give you 100k :wtf: .... yea as if that would help. i feel your pain

DarkPhoenix
22-11-03, 02:18
Anyone know if there are logs that record manual deletion? (Not saying you did it, could be the hotmail hackers or whatever.)

Oath
22-11-03, 02:20
Sorry man,

That sucks ass.

Royaly.
:lol: I like the style in wich you chose to show us........... :lol: it brought a tear to my eye :p

wel li hope ya get him / her sorted, cos tbh thats lame.

FirestarXL
22-11-03, 02:21
I get the impression there are very few logs, at least few that will be admitted to. o_O

Scikar
22-11-03, 02:26
Was your e-mail address for your Neocron account a hotmail address?

Candaman
22-11-03, 10:51
unfortunately yes

Oath
22-11-03, 11:40
*sigh*

im starting to notice a saddening trend now :(

looks for a decent email account :(

Rizzy
22-11-03, 12:05
Can you still access the email account you had tied to your neocron account?

Candaman
22-11-03, 12:57
yes i can and no there were no password requests sent i only changed the pass for the account less than 2 weeks ago i have two other accounts all same pass and not too desimilier account names but they are fine and so are my saturn chars it was only my pluto char that got deleted.

Lanigav
22-11-03, 13:01
I still don't understand why KK can't reload a character backup in case of accidental or purposefuly harmful deletion.

-FN-
22-11-03, 13:20
I'll give you 100k in-game because I'm just as good as a company that makes thousands of dollars.

Btw, I LOVE the idea about the separate password to delete your character.

ericdraven
22-11-03, 13:34
Originally posted by Lanigav
I still don't understand why KK can't reload a character backup in case of accidental or purposefuly harmful deletion.
That's what they did in the past.

But of course some idiots had nothing better to do as abusing this service (and therefore duping items) so KK did stop with this. Fortunately.

Rizzy
22-11-03, 13:41
ok you wernt hacked by your hotmail account. Is there any chance someone could have guessed your password?

Genty
22-11-03, 13:50
How do you know there were no password requests sent?

Oath
22-11-03, 13:55
mebbe he assumes there were none cos there were none sitting there, tis entirely likely if there was that its been deleted in wich case contact msn they mebbe keep backups for legal reasons.........looks at kk.............

:lol:

Well, they i hope they help ya man, i know i was gutted when i lost oath, so good luck bro.

Rizzy
22-11-03, 14:02
genty, the fact he still has access to his hotmail account means they didn't use that method unless they knew his password all along.

Nidhogg
22-11-03, 14:08
Or he had an email in his account with his original password. It would be difficult to say for sure whether he was hacked this way or not but it's certainly another reminder not to use hotmail (or any other free mail provider).

N

Candaman
22-11-03, 17:31
as i say i had only just changed the pass over and had not sent a request for the new password at all. I check all my emails at least 6 times a day at work and have not seen anything from neocron at all. My pass for neocron were completely obscure to my pass for my hotmail or my secret question on it. And the fact that they only deleted my pluto char makes it seem like ti was aimed specifically at him

Cypher_Psy
22-11-03, 18:03
If someone did get into your account, and used the I forgot my password, email it to me option, I'm quite sure they would delete the email afterwards.

Seems what is happening is a case of "social engineering", for example: your secret question is "my favourite film", now unless someone wants to type in a *lot* of guesses what they do is start a conversation and turns to the subject of films, and before long they have enough material to correctly guess your answer.

However currently, hotmail makes you change your password when you use the secret answer..

With though more talking about things, they could get to know you quite well and start guessing your password from things you like, say if you liked the simpsons a lot, then they would start bashing in things like homer, maggie etc.

So unless your passwords are like gkjgkh612 <<random typing
and your secret question is something that can't be guessed at..

Answers of Date of birth, colours, pure numbers are bad...

(It doesn't have to be ingame, have you revealed anything that could hint at the answers on the forums here?)
Have you ever revealed your email address?

Also, you can goto profile and options to disable the email me feature.

Start thinking - Who has been involved in talking about things like that.....

Candaman
22-11-03, 18:09
at no time have i spoke to anyone about my hotmail password or secret question which i had as the question was sdflkghdflgjk and the answer was just as random as it was something i knew i'd never need. As for my password it was individual to me and i had changed it not long ago either. Personally i think this is more likely to be the link between the server and the neocron website cus if they'd have got into my hotmail they could have got all my account names and who wouldn't try the same password when the account they hacked was ************2 so wouldn't a logical person try **********1 or ***********3 which would have worked aswell.

extract
22-11-03, 18:51
didnt people on uranus have characters that were just gone one day and were able to be brought back? why is it so unlikely that there actually was some server glitch or whatever?

Candaman
22-11-03, 19:02
ok not unlikely but i could do with having my char back plz nidd plz nidd plz nidd plz nidd i don't wanna have to lvl all over again and get all my stuff back plz nidd plz nidd i love the game don't make me wanna cancel all 3 accounts

Oath
22-11-03, 19:06
Originally posted by Candaman
ok not unlikely but i could do with having my char back plz nidd plz nidd plz nidd plz nidd i don't wanna have to lvl all over again and get all my stuff back plz nidd plz nidd i love the game don't make me wanna cancel all 3 accounts

Snot up to nid mate, he's good guy but hes not god lol, have faith in the helpdesk, if they think its likely you were haxored then they will help you, i went through the same thing with my tank, they wiped all my cars / apps but at least i got oath back lol.

Akasha
22-11-03, 19:12
you didnt get ur stuff back tho did u oath? i no i didnt get my stuff back, well only for other clan members helpin me out did i get some stuff for my tank.

Lanigav
22-11-03, 19:14
Originally posted by ericdraven
That's what they did in the past.

But of course some idiots had nothing better to do as abusing this service (and therefore duping items) so KK did stop with this. Fortunately.

Yeah, I just thought of that. Mighty shame really.

Perhaps they could make a way to track and delete duped items a la Diablo 2.

Candaman
22-11-03, 20:10
well then goodbye to a apt completely full of rares i guess but having my char back would be nice

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 20:47
Originally posted by Candaman
well then goodbye to a apt completely full of rares i guess but having my char back would be nice

Heh, try saying goodbye to an appartment full of 500 rares and 60 MC5 parts.....makes you wanna puke.

Furion
22-11-03, 20:54
Originally posted by ghandisfury
Heh, try saying goodbye to an appartment full of 500 rares and 60 MC5 parts.....makes you wanna puke.

And try saying goodbye to 8 months of hard work :(

ghandisfury
22-11-03, 20:55
Originally posted by Furion
And try saying goodbye to 8 months of hard work :(

Heh, been there done that....not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES....:mad:

Candaman
22-11-03, 20:58
if they put my char back at least that will be some consolation cus i can't be arsed to lvl again and get all imps and everything i lost

Maarten
23-11-03, 03:49
The least they can do is put the character back with no inventory.
If you won't get all the items back, but only the char with the skill levels, it can't be exploited.

[TgR]KILLER
23-11-03, 05:02
i use hotmail to but i don't even know my own awnser to my secret question.. just slammed on the keyboard :p so good luck hacking it ^^

MacenzieWolf
23-11-03, 08:52
I got an idea, dont be stupid enough to use your Email password as your Neocron password.

Lenard
23-11-03, 09:35
Dude where's my char?

OMG ROFL

Candaman
23-11-03, 12:21
Originally posted by MacenzieWolf
I got an idea, dont be stupid enough to use your Email password as your Neocron password.

I didn't

Furion
23-11-03, 15:20
Originally posted by Lenard
Dude where's my char?

OMG ROFL

omgomg :lol: :lol: :lol:

t0tt3
23-11-03, 17:03
hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its like.
Q: Whats your favourite game.