PDA

View Full Version : Haven and Hell

yanbybkipbbpbbp
21-11-03, 02:01
Heaven and Hell

There is Haven and Hell, Heaven where Bliss/ignorance flourishes, and Hell where the to survive you must use your mind. Let us divide this stagnant community into their rightful groups.

Eliminate all the servers and instead created only 2, Heaven and Hell. Yes there will be much commotion, but after it clears, there shall be balance and each group shall have what they seek in this game.
Rules:
Heaven:
4 Char server. No pvp unless you’re on opposite factions, belt drop, 2 safe slots, safe zones everywhere but in op zones.

Hell:
1 char server, full pvp, no safe zones, no belts (let the victor have his spoils), no safe slots.

What arguments then will the noobs/care bears have regarding being killed? None, because they shall be with their own kind.

Doc Holliday
21-11-03, 02:02
lol. nuff said

QuantumDelta
21-11-03, 02:04
*Opens mouth...*

*Closes mouth...*

*Looks for a clue...*

I don't really see the point but if it's what people want, fine...

*Blinks*
*Walks out...*

Dribble Joy
21-11-03, 02:05
Aside from the whole merging/removal of servers, some people want a mix of the two.

Syntax-Error
21-11-03, 02:34
no thnx

iainy13
21-11-03, 02:54
um its to hard 2 do for what you gain rly. Why not just wait for doy an ask for neptune when things come up? Besides i think people are happy the way it is.

Oath
21-11-03, 03:10
No.

I Want more than just HARD or SOFT, i want intermittent sexual healing not some blink and you blow your load deal.

Shadow Dancer
21-11-03, 03:13
Originally posted by Oath
No.

I Want more than just HARD or SOFT, i want intermittent sexual healing not some blink and you blow your load deal.

wtf

:p

Yank, you make the same mistake many other "hardcore" players make, and that's referring to a certain group as "noobs/carebears". You really think you're going to win people over like that?

nonamebrandeggs
21-11-03, 03:16
"No belt drops" yeah, lets kill the hack tradeskill :rolleyes:.

Shadow Dancer
21-11-03, 03:17
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
"No belt drops" yeah, lets kill the hack tradeskill :rolleyes:.

Hack isn't even a tradeskill. Tradeskills are usually pimped out for services as well, dont' forget that. How many people hack belts for OTHER people?

It's pretty rare.

I don't know, saying hacking is a "tradeskill" is like saying PSI use is a tradeskill. IMO.

nonamebrandeggs
21-11-03, 03:24
XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT

XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT IN TG

XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT AT MB

XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT IN PP

Style
21-11-03, 03:29
holy shi'it. bredda u cracked it! KK u readin dis shit? the way to go! 5 stars.

Shadow Dancer
21-11-03, 03:31
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT

XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT IN TG

XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT AT MB

XX-XX-XXXX 17:38:12 > Mayhemmike > EGGS COME HACK THIS BELT IN PP

I guess by that logic killing is a tradeskill, PPUing is a tradeskill, etc...........

Style
21-11-03, 03:39
uh, i'm thinking if you look at it like dat eggs. on the hell server, bing back the bounty hunter system at the citycom and you need hack skill to hunt people down. and on the heaven serevr leave it how it is. sorted.

Zanathos
21-11-03, 03:57
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
*Opens mouth...*

*Closes mouth...*

*Looks for a clue...*

I don't really see the point but if it's what people want, fine...

*Blinks*
*Walks out...*

My reaction exactly.

Doesnt really matter to me.

I dont see why we have 5 servers as it is. There really only should be 4 (4 char, german, french, english) 1 server with 1 char thats international.

Oath
21-11-03, 04:05
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
wtf

You know what time i was awake at :lol:

Nuff said.

Nvidia
21-11-03, 05:56
ONOZ! It's that droner from pluto who constantly ganked the newbs at Military base bunker and ganked me several times after I helped him out with nearly 200k in money to get his VERY red SL back up.... o_O

You all wanna know why he's proposing this? He doesn't give a flying fuck about factions. He's one of the few people left that would gank anyone and everyone if he could ;) Considering making a comeback Yan? Pluto is boring without getting attacked by an uber droner with mega-red sl :)

KRIMINAL99
21-11-03, 07:46
Originally posted by iainy13
um its to hard 2 do for what you gain rly. Why not just wait for doy an ask for neptune when things come up? Besides i think people are happy the way it is.

Absolutely not... Been waiting on Neptune since it got announced at retail launch and THAT was b4 PVP got so badly nerfed on all the other servers...

And MANY MANY people that are no longer here left because of the terrible pvp changes and many may very well come back if its fixed.

But personally... I want a 4 char for the PVP one.. I know a one char PVP server has priority tho so its just my desire but I like being able to have my own skillers so all my rares dont get stolen and I don't have to wait on other people for anyting etc.

Velvet
21-11-03, 10:48
No.
(adding two words to make this a valid post)

g0rt
21-11-03, 10:50
Anyone that says no to this is a complete idiot.

You have to seperate the pvpers from the non pvpers. Neocron doesn't. And theres 300 people playing this game across 5 servers right now.

DAoC does, for example, and theres 47,000 people playing across 30+ servers right now.

Coincidence? I think not.

Don't be fools, the two types of players MUST be split for a game to be successful.

Lanigav
21-11-03, 12:13
I disagree. Just because I don't like pking everyone I see doesn't mean I don't like pking at all.

A pure "carebear" server would be too boring. What the hell are you going to do when you're capped and/or bored of hunting mobs all day?

A pure "pking" server would be total, utter chaos. Players in the same faction would constantly be at each others throats and the entire roleplaying aspect of the game would be shot clear to hell. It would be nothing but Quake 3 or UT with a few RPG elements thrown in for the hell of it.

I'm not opposed to the pk happy folks getting their own server with less strict penalties to play on, but chaning the current servers and completely splitting the community in half is not the way to go.

And calling someone an idiot who disagrees with you doesn't really help your argument g0rt. ;)

Oath
21-11-03, 14:30
Originally posted by g0rt
Anyone that says no to this is a complete idiot.

No.

Prove me to be an idiot.

21-11-03, 14:34
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
But personally... I want a 4 char for the PVP one.. I know a one char PVP server has priority tho so its just my desire but I like being able to have my own skillers so all my rares dont get stolen and I don't have to wait on other people for anyting etc.

I dont want to piss you off here Krim (but I suspect I will). But thats not really hardcore is it? That just screams of "I want to piss anyone/everyone off and not have to suffer any kind of disadvantage for it"

You should reap what you sow, but it appears you dont want to.

Besides you rares would get looted from you anyway :-)

dr.fish
21-11-03, 14:38
just one safe zones for our constuctorz plz :p

then i 'm on it

Lecko
21-11-03, 14:49
lol. A total pking zone everywhere?

So, um hands up who wants to be a constructor/resser/implanter etc? noone?? Because when you're killed you'll lose your TL150 tool and everything else you carry you say? Yes.

Badly thought out idea. You can't split right down the middle, it wouldnt work. The PvP one would become chaotic and there would be no tradeskillers and STILL people would complain as even the most "l33t" pkers get killed sometimes - may be fatalled or afk, but they do. So they'd lose all their stuff, not want to get it back and say "sod this, theres too many bugs, I died once so i'm quitting" then join the other server and complain it has no PvP. And round again....

El_MUERkO
21-11-03, 14:57
Bahahahaha, you'd wipe out have the user base, all peoples work to build up there characters gone in an instant for what?

One server which is so dull you fall asleep from the excitement of it and another where any work you've done to build up your runner could be for nothing cause of a bug, a crash, a sync error, exploit, imbalance.

It sounds soooo tempting but I think I'll pass.

]v[ortice
21-11-03, 15:46
Sounds like a fantastic idea to me.

I love the whole Heaven and Hell concept.

Wipe all servers and sort this out KK.

I would prefer 4 chars on each server though.

Man CON would be capped for a Tank in a week :)

RuriHoshino
21-11-03, 19:05
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
Sounds like a fantastic idea to me.

I love the whole Heaven and Hell concept.

Wipe all servers and sort this out KK. <------------********

I would prefer 4 chars on each server though.

Man CON would be capped for a Tank in a week :)

If the marked item happens, I and approx. 50% of the playerbase would be gone in 5 minutes. End of discussion.

Richard Adregen
21-11-03, 19:31
No.

KTHXBYE!!!

Alright, alright... I'll elaborate. What about the people who err... want a mix? Who don't want to kill all the time, but do want to kill, who don't have time to maintain characters on both servers... And what do you want to do with the characters that currently exist? Just wipe them and you'll lose a big part of the playerbase, I think...

RA.

KRIMINAL99
21-11-03, 20:16
Originally posted by Lanigav
I disagree. Just because I don't like pking everyone I see doesn't mean I don't like pking at all.

A pure "carebear" server would be too boring. What the hell are you going to do when you're capped and/or bored of hunting mobs all day?

A pure "pking" server would be total, utter chaos. Players in the same faction would constantly be at each others throats and the entire roleplaying aspect of the game would be shot clear to hell. It would be nothing but Quake 3 or UT with a few RPG elements thrown in for the hell of it.

I'm not opposed to the pk happy folks getting their own server with less strict penalties to play on, but chaning the current servers and completely splitting the community in half is not the way to go.

And calling someone an idiot who disagrees with you doesn't really help your argument g0rt. ;)

We could have told you that carebears wouldn't stay on their server anyway. Its not about weather the game is "too chaotic" or "too carebear" The idea of a perfect server for a "carebear" is one where they have some class that ONLY THEY can play that is virtually invincible and does 2x damage as everyone else so they can run around and PVP but never lose.

Anyways I think this idea is right on, but just leave the carebear server like it is now... If they want it more carebeared then let them argue for it. (of course in reality they would all probably flock to the HELL server and demand it be nerfed)

@5150 how is that not hardcore? The idea is that way you don't have to wait around 20 minutes for some other skiller to come to plaza 1 or rebuild your stuff etc. Also rares don't get stolen/swapped all the time (which happens to any char not just bad ones) Waiting for other people is not hardcore. This is what you always do... make an emotional argument that sounds like it has a point when in reality your arguments make no sense whatsoever...

IF ONE + SIX EQUALS EIGHT THEN J00 SHOULD NOT FLY SHOPPING CARTS WHILE PISSING PPL OFF KTHX BYE..

Whatever dude...

g0rt
21-11-03, 20:18
No.

Prove me to be an idiot.

Ok. I'll just go ahead and quote myself, because appearantly you had trouble reading it the first time.

You have to seperate the pvpers from the non pvpers. Neocron doesn't. And theres 300 people playing this game across 5 servers right now.

DAoC does, for example, and theres 47,000 people playing across 30+ servers right now.

Coincidence? I think not.

Don't be fools, the two types of players MUST be split for a game to be successful.

Oath
21-11-03, 20:23
Ok. I'll just go ahead and quote myself, because appearantly you had trouble reading it the first time.

Well.........that doesn't make me an idiot.
The beauty of neocron IS that it does NOT seperate non pvp and pvp.........how fookin lame is a no pvp server??

sure hardcore server is cool.

But as i said before, there arent many if any people that trully wanna fuck everything up just so they can say :-

'OOOOOO LOOK O GOT 4 trillion noobs on my server come play here im uber'

but then

not liek you care is it?

g0rt
21-11-03, 20:28
Well.........that doesn't make me an idiot.
The beauty of neocron IS that it does NOT seperate non pvp and pvp.........how fookin lame is a no pvp server??

sure hardcore server is cool.

But as i said before, there arent many if any people that trully wanna fuck everything up just so they can say :-

'OOOOOO LOOK O GOT 4 trillion noobs on my server come play here im uber'

but then

not liek you care is it?

I agree. There should be 3 different types of servers....instead of the ENGLISH, ENGLISH and ENGLISH we have now...all exactly the same. PVP, Normal and Coop would be the best lineup. Normal players can still play the game as it is, people who have no interest in pvp whatsoever can play coop, and people who don't care about roleplaying or any of that pansy crap can play on the pvp server. It works, im telling you.

Sorry about the idiot comment I was just pissed to see so many people saying No to this general idea, maybe the exact idea posted here isn't that great, but the GENERAL idea could work... idiot was a little harsh...I apologise for that, especially to you because I have seen your RL pic and anyone your age who is devoted to thier child is no idiot.

So yeah...thats all im saying...splitting up the player base could do good for Neocron.

Oath
21-11-03, 21:32
idiot was a little harsh...I apologise for that, especially to you because I have seen your RL pic and anyone your age who is devoted to thier child is no idiot.

Well man you've just gained my respect.

Thankyou.

greendonkeyuk
21-11-03, 21:35
so in your opinion if this was to go ahead it would "save" neocron.

err no mate, more like

Heaven = SWG

Hell = Quake with soullight......

BTW if we got pure pvp then i want a four char server. simply because i dont wanna spend four hours a night people to id my rares because all the researchers got ganked, also i dont want the same researchers to jus come along and put the filters on my hard earned rares. Tbh in my limited experience of pluto it seems most tradeskillers have 2 accounts. Im glad you guys can afford to accounts and credit should go to you because playing a tradeskiller on a one char server sounds boring as hell to me. If noone plays em however, we are all fucked.

Pvp with a poor colt budget aint my idea of fun.

yanbybkipbbpbbp
22-11-03, 00:24
Read it all before you reply.

Yes, yes Nvidia those were the good old days, anyways, back to the topic.

Haven and Hell

Rules:
Hell:
1 Char per server, full pvp, no safe zones, no belts (let the victor have his spoils, the person who dies spill all his loot for the taking), no safe slots, and the best of all—let us go back to the original concept, no rares, just expensive items and built items.

Heaven:
4 Char server, no pvp unless you’re on opposite factions, belt drop system, 2 safe slots, safe zones everywhere but in op zones, current rare item system, let the farmers do their job.

Elaboration
Look at how care bears have already began to impose their rules on hell.
Let there be 4 chars they say, let there be some safe zones they say.
NO, you see that’s the thing, Hell is not for you, do not play on our server, play in Haven with your own kind, you see your so ignorant that you believe that you are the ones who wish not to play with us, but it’s the opposite, WE DON’T WANT YOUR KIND ON OUR SERVERS, you are the ones that wish to play on our grounds, but as soon as you notice that you are way to slow to learn the game, you impose your care bear laws on us, that’s why we leave. Once again I repeat, STAY WITH YOUR OWN KIND.

Each game Genre is developed for a specific group of ppl. What the designers of this game don’t realize is that they developed a game where the different groups meet, it is the way of all online games, different play style groups collide, BUT CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO COEXIST WITH EACH OTHER.

Don’t give me this “we should try to coexist with each other” bs, I don’t want to coexist with your kind, none of us do.

Look if you don’t like the set rules for Hell, don’t play there, don’t try to make it less intense for the vets and smart gamers, play with your own kind.
You’re a tradeskiller and you’re afraid that you will get pked in Hell? Don’t play in Hell. You are afraid that there will be no constructors/researchers to build you that uber weapon you were farming for 2 days straight? Don’t play in Hell, we don’t like your kind anyways, we enjoy playing with resourceful people who don’t farm but instead make due with what they have and have fun in the game rather than LIVE IN THE GAME WITHOUT HAVING A LIFE, like the farmers such as your self do.
You are afraid that you will get pked and your uber noob/care bear loot will be stolen? DO NOT PLAY IN HELL; play with your own kind, why should you be worried about these things when you are given a choice to play with your own kind? We didn’t ask you to play with us, stay in haven and have your uber weapons with your “uber” community.
I repeat, look guys don’t try and change the rules of Hell, we don’t like you, we never did, we don’t enjoy playing with your kind, we never did, if you don’t like the rules of Hell don’t play there .

You are offended by this essay? You shouldn’t be, though I don’t like gamers like yourself I am being fair, I am giving you your own domain, where you and your kind can play the game the way YOU like it, as long as you don’t mingle with my kind and OUR game experience.

Richard Adregen
22-11-03, 00:25
Sorry about the idiot comment I was just pissed to see so many people saying No to this general idea, maybe the exact idea posted here isn't that great, but the GENERAL idea could work... idiot was a little harsh...I apologise for that, especially to you because I have seen your RL pic and anyone your age who is devoted to thier child is no idiot.

So yeah...thats all im saying...splitting up the player base could do good for Neocron.

You just regained my respect too. I don't like the exact idea, and I dont believe that a full split will actually work. This game is too PvP oriented, there in (at least, for now) NO high-level content besides PvP. I highly doubt that those on the "non-PvP" server would want to play all the time just to cap their chars and basically... do nothing. It'd have to wait until there was more high-level content. IMO.

RA.

PS. Sorry about my earlier comment. I've had a tough day and I was at the time in need of venting. Just putting plain No made me seem as immature and idiotic as your earlier post implied I'd be. I apologise :)

Gungnir
22-11-03, 00:40
--
Wow, I feel some love in this thread, >hands g0rt and Richard
some tasteh cookehs<. Doesn't it make you tingle?
-
Also, the idea is radical - but what if it falls through?
-
--
Gungnir

g0rt
22-11-03, 01:26
Originally posted by Gungnir
--
Wow, I feel some love in this thread, >hands g0rt and Richard
some tasteh cookehs<. Doesn't it make you tingle?
-
Also, the idea is radical - but what if it falls through?
-
--
Gungnir

Worst thing that can happen is everyone hates the specialty servers and moves to the normal server and we actually have a nicely populated NORMAL server with 700 or so people on it at prime time, and 200 or so downtime. :p

Richard Adregen - im not saying split them up completely, have a server thats for both kinds...a normal server that plays exactly how neocron is NOW. But instead of 3 servers which are all basically CLONES of one another, have 1 normal server and turn the other two into specialty servers....PvP and Co-op. Or even two normal servers, one 1char and one 4char, and one PvP server...but I mean I would absolutely LOVE a server with no SL, no cops, no safezones, no LE, nice drops, etc....and I know for a fact others would too. This server would not NEED a big population...all the fighting would be happening right in Neocron city....hell, 30 people on duking it out in the city would be a hell of a fight....and the more the marrier! :p

trigger hurt
22-11-03, 02:09
What is funny to me is in the early days of this game, a prediction was made by someone. I can't remember his name. May have been Derisor for all I can remember now.

But his prediction basically stated the same thing here.

The pvp whiners who can't get enough carnage will whine that the carebears always get their way and 'we want a new pvp server with no le, no safezones and blah blah'.

Then, the carebears will whine that the pvp whiners get what they want all the time. "they got a new pvp server, where is our anti pvp server where every place is a safezone"

Then, there are the middle of the road people like me and (I bet) a few hundred of the other paying customers who are just fine with pvp the way it is. We realize that pvp isnt really about the 'mad lewt'. We also realize that the game is centered around the ability to kill other players. We are satisfied with the direction the game has taken, but we also know changes need to be made.

We are the people who would suffer because of ideas like this ever being considered.

KRIMINAL99
22-11-03, 04:00
Originally posted by trigger hurt
What is funny to me is in the early days of this game, a prediction was made by someone. I can't remember his name. May have been Derisor for all I can remember now.

But his prediction basically stated the same thing here.

The pvp whiners who can't get enough carnage will whine that the carebears always get their way and 'we want a new pvp server with no le, no safezones and blah blah'.

Then, the carebears will whine that the pvp whiners get what they want all the time. "they got a new pvp server, where is our anti pvp server where every place is a safezone"

Dont talk about yourself in the collective... most people want qbs unlocked. Yeah I was in the "fine with the way it is" group before they locked qb drops. And I and many others suffered seriously because of a few whining new players who never adapted to the game.

trigger hurt
22-11-03, 05:09
Trust me.

Opening up a new server with 100% pvp and no safezones is not going to bring those people back.

I don't have to speak for myself in the collective. What you need to realize is that of the 30 or so people who make their views widely known on this forum, there are close to 600 more that don't say a damn thing...because they are satisfied just playing the game.

Richard Adregen
22-11-03, 11:10
Richard Adregen - im not saying split them up completely, have a server thats for both kinds...a normal server that plays exactly how neocron is NOW. But instead of 3 servers which are all basically CLONES of one another, have 1 normal server and turn the other two into specialty servers....PvP and Co-op. Or even two normal servers, one 1char and one 4char, and one PvP server...but I mean I would absolutely LOVE a server with no SL, no cops, no safezones, no LE, nice drops, etc....and I know for a fact others would too. This server would not NEED a big population...all the fighting would be happening right in Neocron city....hell, 30 people on duking it out in the city would be a hell of a fight....and the more the marrier! :p

That actually sounds pretty good... I rescind my No vote. Go for it!

*munches his cookie*

RA.

g0rt
22-11-03, 11:26
Trust me.

Opening up a new server with 100% pvp and no safezones is not going to bring those people back.

I don't have to speak for myself in the collective. What you need to realize is that of the 30 or so people who make their views widely known on this forum, there are close to 600 more that don't say a damn thing...because they are satisfied just playing the game.

Now thats where you're wrong. The small picture always represents the big picture. When cable companies collect ratings, do they collect them on the entire country? Every single person watching TV? Hell no...they only collect stats on a small percentage but 99.9% of the time it represents the bigger picture.

Same thing here. I personally know two people who quit Neocron around May of this year and have never came back because they didn't like things about the game...namely, the carebear pvp ruleset. They love the actual game itself, but dont enjoy spending 80% of thier playing time fixing soullight. A pvp server would most definately bring them back, yet they don't like forums so have never bothered to voice an opinion here.

PROOF!

Lanigav
22-11-03, 12:54
Now thats where you're wrong. The small picture always represents the big picture. When cable companies collect ratings, do they collect them on the entire country? Every single person watching TV? Hell no...they only collect stats on a small percentage but 99.9% of the time it represents the bigger picture.

Well, that's not entirely true, though I see your point.

Here's the thing though, very few people are opposed to having a pure pk server like Neptune. KK themselves said they're going to go through with it, so all the players who feel the need to shout "carebear" every 5 seconds can go get their rocks off.

I'm pretty sure that tons of people would be greatly opposed to completely splitting the community in half, creating a pure "carebear" server and a pure "pking l337" server, and leaving everyone else in the middle out. I can only begin to imagine the bullshit that would go on between the two communities as time progresses, and as a result, the baggage bullshit that will get directed at KK.

trigger hurt
22-11-03, 18:06
Just wait for Neptune.

Then, I'll join the server and stay in my apartment and listen on trade-nc and the other channels at you all yelling at each other.

yanbybkipbbpbbp
22-11-03, 18:36
I guess you people didn’t read my post, there aren’t going to be any fights because only the people who want Hell will be present on that server where no care bears are allowed, and that means you! This is not Quantum Mechanics, I think even you should understand the argument here, if there aren’t any care bears in Hell, care bears have no right arguing with us on the boards, on the server, in the server, around the server, or anywhere else. Get it? They have no right asking for anything because they will not be playing on that server, if they don’t like something there, they move to haven, it is as simple as that.

So we might as well stop arguing now and ask jsw or what ever his name is to OK this idea and it’s done. Not only will it save them money because there will be less servers to support, but also, there will be more people on each server.

Guys don’t worry about that middle ground server, because will always have that French or whatever server that has more gm support then ours, that will act as the middle ground server.

Problem solved.

You should now have NO arguments towards Hell, if you don’t like something, if you disagree with something, don’t play on that server, no one asked you to play there, go play on that French or whatever server, or Haven……….. Also don’t give me the argument “well if we all go to the other server there will be no one on Hell server” because 1, your not everyone, 2. Vets will come back and fill up the spot, and 3. Let us put your hypothesis to the test and see how full that server will get. And 4. We wouldn’t want you playing on our server anyways.

And how can you be against my idea anyways? I didn’t say lets only make Hell. I said we make 2 servers. You cant put forth the statement like “no, I don’t want hell” because we give you your own server, and leave the middle ground server, so you have your choices where you want to play, by saying no you're telling us that you’re a care bear who doesn’t want anyone else to have fun in the game, that’s all.

Originally posted by yanbybkipbbpbbp
Read it all before you reply.

Yes, yes Nvidia those were the good old days, anyways, back to the topic.

Haven and Hell

Rules:
Hell:
1 Char per server, full pvp, no safe zones, no belts (let the victor have his spoils, the person who dies spill all his loot for the taking), no safe slots, and the best of all—let us go back to the original concept, no rares, just expensive items and built items, Decrease the radius of the local list by a factor of 3.

Heaven:
4 Char server, no pvp unless you’re on opposite factions, belt drop system, 2 safe slots, safe zones everywhere but in op zones, current rare item system, let the farmers do their job.

Elaboration
Look at how care bears have already began to impose their rules on hell.
Let there be 4 chars they say, let there be some safe zones they say.
NO, you see that’s the thing, Hell is not for you, do not play on our server, play in Haven with your own kind, you see your so ignorant that you believe that you are the ones who wish not to play with us, but it’s the opposite, WE DON’T WANT YOUR KIND ON OUR SERVERS, you are the ones that wish to play on our grounds, but as soon as you notice that you are way to slow to learn the game, you impose your care bear laws on us, that’s why we leave. Once again I repeat, STAY WITH YOUR OWN KIND.

Each game Genre is developed for a specific group of ppl. What the designers of this game don’t realize is that they developed a game where the different groups meet, it is the way of all online games, different play style groups collide, BUT CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO COEXIST WITH EACH OTHER.

Don’t give me this “we should try to coexist with each other” bs, I don’t want to coexist with your kind, none of us do.

Look if you don’t like the set rules for Hell, don’t play there, don’t try to make it less intense for the vets and smart gamers, play with your own kind.
You’re a tradeskiller and you’re afraid that you will get pked in Hell? Don’t play in Hell. You are afraid that there will be no constructors/researchers to build you that uber weapon you were farming for 2 days straight? Don’t play in Hell, we don’t like your kind anyways, we enjoy playing with resourceful people who don’t farm but instead make due with what they have and have fun in the game rather than LIVE IN THE GAME WITHOUT HAVING A LIFE, like the farmers such as your self do.
You are afraid that you will get pked and your uber noob/care bear loot will be stolen? DO NOT PLAY IN HELL; play with your own kind, why should you be worried about these things when you are given a choice to play with your own kind? We didn’t ask you to play with us, stay in haven and have your uber weapons with your “uber” community.
I repeat, look guys don’t try and change the rules of Hell, we don’t like you, we never did, we don’t enjoy playing with your kind, we never did, if you don’t like the rules of Hell don’t play there .

You are offended by this essay? You shouldn’t be, though I don’t like gamers like yourself I am being fair, I am giving you your own domain, where you and your kind can play the game the way YOU like it, as long as you don’t mingle with my kind and OUR game experience.

Style
22-11-03, 18:53
werd, werd. u r a fuckin genious yanby

Lanigav
22-11-03, 19:06
I guess you people didn’t read my post, there aren’t going to be any fights because only the people who want Hell will be present on that server where no care bears are allowed, and that means you!

Its been my observation that the pkers argue a shitload more than the "carebears" do. If you think that a no-holds-barred pking server will be problem and arguement free, you're living in a dream world.

And how can you be against my idea anyways? I didn’t say lets only make Hell. I said we make 2 servers. You cant put forth the statement like “no, I don’t want hell” because we give you your own server, and leave the middle ground server, so you have your choices where you want to play, by saying no you're telling us that you’re a care bear who doesn’t want anyone else to have fun in the game, that’s all.

I'm against it, because as I've said before, I don't think splitting the community into two parts is a good idea. Some of us like things just the way they are, and calling us "carebears" just because some people disagree with you doesn't really help your idea. Besides, all the pk happy people will be getting Neptune eventually anyways, so I don't see any reason to be crying about it.

Oath
22-11-03, 19:10
Originally posted by Lanigav
Its been my observation that the pkers argue a shitload more than the "carebears" do. If you think that a no-holds-barred pking server will be problem and arguement free, you're living in a dream world.

I'm against it, because as I've said before, I don't think splitting the community into two parts is a good idea. Some of us like things just the way they are, and calling us "carebears" just because some people disagree with you doesn't really help your idea. Besides, all the pk happy people will be getting Neptune eventually anyways, so I don't see any reason to be crying about it.

Actually 3 parts, there are a lot of people that want both the option of safety and the option of 1337 pvp, like me, sure i like the idea of neptune, but if it becomes reality its not FORCED upon me, the idea has its bonuses but its a little too extreme.

Style
22-11-03, 19:11
whats neptune? :rolleyes:

Lanigav
22-11-03, 19:20
In case you're not being sarcastic (but you probably are :p), Neptune is supposed to be the hardcore PVP server, without most of the safeguards and penalties applied to the current servers (such as no safezones or warzones, the entire world becomes one large anarchy zone, and no safeslots).

I'm curious though. Say Neptune finally happens and all the PVP people move there permantely. What will happen to the other servers as far as op wars and pvp goes? Seems to me like if Neptune is a success, then the other servers will get boring real quick. On the other hand, I bet a fair chunk of people clamoring for a hardcore server will try it out and find things to be a little too much, and move back to the normal server, especially tradeskillers and if the tech part drop rate isn't increased exponentially (people used to really shy away from PvP before safeslots and quickbelts, which most of us who've been around that long should remember full well), leaving Neptune with a low population which in and of itself is boring.

g0rt
22-11-03, 20:26
Just wait for Neptune.

Then, I'll join the server and stay in my apartment and listen on trade-nc and the other channels at you all yelling at each other.

I for one enjoy the verbal fighting that follows a good pk hit, i always find it enjoyable to see what people say to me in direct... and if they say nothing, I make sure to DM them and start it up.

Immature? Yes... Fun? Hell yes :D

Lathuc
22-11-03, 20:43
@yanb i think what peeps are trying to say is that no tradeskillers (sane ones atleast) are gonna play on that server unless they had a gun to their head irl. cause of the rampant ganking and rpking going on and then noone would have good weps only store baught s**t from hell

yanbybkipbbpbbp
22-11-03, 21:41
“Once again you are not thinking four dimensionally” in your case, your not thinking period.

Guys, if you’re a tradeskiller on a pvp server, no one will touch you, and if they do, the people who DO buy from you will hunt them down and kill them like dogs, or at least they will try to do so. Remember, the fewer tradeskillers there are, the more precious they become. Yes, sure there will be attacks on tradeskillers, but there will also be those who defend them with their lives. It will give a new meaning to bounty hunters, it will give you a new meaning to convoys, where you need people riding with you to protect your lives (duo to gr locks), it will make it only more fun surviving in the mean/dirty/gritty world. Finally, hey if you don’t want to play in Hell or you think you’ll get constantly killed if you’re a tradeskiller, DO NOT PLAY IN HELL, WE DON’T WANT YOUR KIND POLUTING OUR SERVERS ANYWAYS. How many times do I have to repeat my self?, if you don’t like it, don’t play there, we don’t like your kind, in fact we hate it.

Oath
22-11-03, 22:04
Originally posted by yanbybkipbbpbbp
“Once again you are not thinking four dimensionally” in your case, your not thinking period. several bla bla points

People dont like your idea, so you force it upon them or accuse them of not thinking i was willing to listen to what you had to say, but that door goes both ways, your inability to actually grasp what people are saying astounds me, and what? you want 100% support? id sooner fuck my uncle, than listen to your boring repetitive bs anymore.

If you start begining to listen people will listen to you more.

Personally i hate the idea, Im a big pvper, so theres no carebear shit, i like having the ability to choose what i wanna do wether it be pimp myself out as a trader in safety or go mental on a hardcore server, choice is your problem your idea doiesnt take any onto account, hardcore or carebear.

People NEED different shades of gray, there is no black and white answer to it, sure we need a hardcore server, but in NOT WAY does anyone want a 100% carebear zone, thats simply pointless.

KRIMINAL99
22-11-03, 23:53
Trust me.

There arent even 600 people that consistently play the game now...

But there was before the qb locks....