PDA

View Full Version : Another ridiculous idea by Lethys.

Lethys
20-11-03, 19:15
Outposts. What's the point? What do they give? They give you money (which there is arguably too much of) and they give you the ability to prevent people from GRing anywhere, thus pissing people off and possibly making them quit the game.

I have been in a few major OP holding clans, and:

1. I found them to be more trouble than they were worth. Repeatedly getting "Outpost under attack" messages is extremely irritating. Perhaps I might be settling down to a nice WB hunt, or an MC5 trip, then I have to abandon my plans to defend an OP which does very little. If you win the fight, the opposition will often just wait till you have none (or very few) online, then take the OP without you being able to defend it.

2. OP fights just aren't that fun anymore. In fact I can think of very few OP fights in my time in NC that actually were fun. I have much more fun defending TH, raiding MB or fighting in PP. OP fights soon just feel like a chore and I often wondered why I bothered. It almost always results in camping one place for half an hour, while you don't have to be careful about dying because you have a PPU or 2 (or 10) to rez you, while APUs do all the damage, leaving everyone else tp stand back and watch. Note this isn't a monk nerf thread, but they do make OP fights a lot more boring.

So, in case you haven't guessed already, my idea is to remove outposts, and replace them with something else. I haven't actually thought of something to replace them with yet, having only had this idea a few minutes ago, but I was thinking something to do with the Balance of Power system that KK promised us.

TBH I'll be surprised if a single person agrees with me, but at least I've made my opinions known.

Nexxy
20-11-03, 19:21
I like OP fights, most OP fights are fun. No one forces you to take em, if its not your thing just stick to defending TH.

Also if you take an OP you should expect it to get attacked when your hunting or some shit, just how it goes...

Opar
20-11-03, 19:22
The problem is, many people fight in too many OP wars, thus it becomes 'same old'.

However, if your like me, and you only take part in Op wars every month or so, then OP wars are brilliant.

Phlith
20-11-03, 19:22
I hear what your saying and agree with pretty much all of it. However instead o removing the outposts, just make them give different bonus'. And yes, monks do make them boring... too bad im one of those monks... :P

MkVenner
20-11-03, 19:36
Ops r good its just that the way people play them atm is boring

kurai
20-11-03, 20:18
Rather than completely locking GR's I'd rather see a sliding scale of SI introduced.

i.e. Owners GR to underground, zero SI, as it does now.

Same faction get normal 20%, allies get 30%, enemies get 50% ...

That way no-one gets completely barred from a GR, but they pay a penalty, and are vulnerable for a longer time.

Shakari
20-11-03, 20:36
Originally posted by kurai
Rather than completely locking GR's I'd rather see a sliding scale of SI introduced.

i.e. Owners GR to underground, zero SI, as it does now.

Same faction get normal 20%, allies get 30%, enemies get 50% ...

That way no-one gets completely barred from a GR, but they pay a penalty, and are vulnerable for a longer time.

yeah love that idea a nice compamise :D

Spoon
20-11-03, 20:44
Yer, remove the OP's, I can't normally GR to any of them, and the Venders sux, and I rarely get a bonus from one.....

I aint got no use for them.....

Good thing I found a workaround and a bug that lets me get around to various OP's.......

*EDIT*

btw, nice idea, Kurai.....

El Barto
20-11-03, 22:11
The subject you posted this under says it all

ezza
20-11-03, 22:14
Originally posted by MkVenner
Ops r good its just that the way people play them atm is boring

i agree

and yes it is rediculous

REMUS
20-11-03, 22:55
i dont even op fight anymore becuase its so crap............