PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 will be ready for Christmas!!!

]v[ortice
20-11-03, 16:47
Errrr...

Well that should be Christmas 2004 actually.

Got me a letter this morning from GAME as i normally do to get my lovely £2.50 money off voucher for their store. Bloody reward card system is wank :/

Anywayz it comes with their annual festive catalogue (No prices??? that's just dumb). I find myself staring confused at an advert for Half Life 2 and a brief description of all the wholesome goodness that's going to come with it. At the bottom it has a little footnote saying...

"Released: Winter 2004"

Take that for what it's worth.

ex-machina
20-11-03, 17:22
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
Take that for what it's worth.

Nothing at all until it comes from Valve.

Retailers are famous for taking "educated" guesses at release dates to get preorder sales - GAME is particularly famous for it.

Largely because they get it wrong every two seconds.

It's silly to believe anything other than valve.

Spy<VS>Spy
20-11-03, 17:33
heh...ready? by then just make your own half-life 2...aperently its 'open' source.

LOL :lol:

]v[ortice
21-11-03, 14:04
oi machina

I'm implying the same thing as u buddy bu saying "take that for what' it's worth.

I posted it up cos it's a bit of news and a bit of nonsense.

Imagine HL2 if it was open source tho?

Would it be better or worse?

You'd have 2 Factions... 1 trying to make it uber and the other trying to nerf it lol :-P

Ryuben
21-11-03, 14:36
lol @ open source HL2

:lol:

would be good for mods etc but imagine the cheating...with open source :eek: :o

Scikar
21-11-03, 14:37
Isn't it possible that by Winter 2004 they could mean say Jan or Feb 2004?

]v[ortice
21-11-03, 15:22
not a bad theorem scikar :)

I normally associate Winter with the end of the year, but it is DEC, JAN and FEB after all.

Zanathos
21-11-03, 18:18
Half Life 2 will NOT take that long to come out, especially since its only been delayed because of the Open Source Leakage.

A Duke Nukem 3D game Sequal however... now THAT is a myth.

DoY is not a Myth.

There is no spoon.....

Xian
21-11-03, 18:52
I saw that in the GAME magazine too; but retailers get a very bad end of the stick if they assume a game is releasing earlier than it actually is, so they could just be pushing it a little bit.

That, or they pressed '4' instead of '3'... or, like Scikar said, it's coming out in January/Febuary.

]v[ortice
21-11-03, 20:48
LoL Xian yeah.

It did say in the GAME store by my work 'September 30th' and they even let me preorder it only to annoy me :)

Spoon
21-11-03, 20:58
Originally posted by Zanathos
There is no spoon.....

pfffffffft....

I could have told you that......

Lanigav
22-11-03, 12:26
January and February still lie within winter (northern hemi anyways), so I highly doubt its been delayed until late next year. If that's not what they meant, then I'm sure its just a typo.

BaDDaSS
23-11-03, 05:34
Originally posted by Scikar
Isn't it possible that by Winter 2004 they could mean say Jan or Feb 2004?

I think the joke was actually because the source code was stolen and released on kazaa.

A compiled version (which i obtained ;)) was also released.

You can play multiplayer, the graphics are 'turn-you-on' amaizing quality. But of course its pre-alpha, meaning its nearly as buggy as Neocron!! !!!

Bittorrent website suprnova.org has copies of Half Life 2 source and compiled, as well as Condition Zero