PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else have probs with TG Epic?

NeoChick
20-11-03, 11:02
I am trying to do the TG epic but it seems very screwed up.
I did the first mission.
The second one was to obtain vehicle energy. I looked in mission log to confirm what i was supposed to do. so I did that, went back to the guy with the stuff and now he merely says 'hello' and does not take the stuff he asked for when he gave me the mission.
So I look in my mission log and it has changed it now says:
"An insider supplies DOY with vital info you may be able to be of assistance time left 20 hrs" Thats all it says in the log.

Now what the heck does that mean. That could mean anything, there is absolutely no indication of what I am supposed to do, who to see etc.

I have already done so much running around and apparently now I am unable to carry on.

Anybody have a clue?

Pi-Oh-Pah
20-11-03, 11:05
Did you buy 'Energy Vehicle Fuel Packs' ?

Theres 2 types for vehicles - make sure you buy the Energy ones

NeoChick
20-11-03, 11:16
I raced around to every single shop in NC, FA,MB etc, every Archer, Hew, Next, Crytons looking for the vehicle energy fuel pack and the very only vehicle fuel pack I could find was the one that says for Hoovers only.

I never found any others, so I don't know where the heck they are, perhaps that's the problem. I may have the wrong parts but the right ones are hidden probably in some remote place that could be anywhere.

The running around in this mission is boring, tedious, time consuming time sink only and then to not even get anywhere is very annoying...... damn
I guess I take another run for the next four hours going through every single shop again

Shadow Dancer
20-11-03, 11:20
Yes the hover one is the one they want.

MjukisDjur
20-11-03, 11:22
The first one is a real bugger. Did he take the 10 packs from you and then there was a glitch in telling you what to do next?
As far as you can go to the west in the swamp there is an agent swimming. Speak with him and you will get a data cube. Take it and kill him and then you should be on your way again. Atleast thats how I think it went. You really should use a hovertech for this mission. It really sucks :)

AxeMan
20-11-03, 11:30
i had problems with that epic too.
i'd go to the guy in the north, he'd tell me to go see someone, which i would do then come back, only to be reminded what i had to do. so i'd then go see the contact a second time and get the message that he'd told me everything and that i should go back to the guy in the north.
very frustrating. i had to cancel the mission a few times and restart it before it would work properly.

Even with a hover it was - race to the north, get mission, race to near regants, meet contact, race back up north. mission not done so repeat. etc. i covered more miles doing that one mission than all the others combined

Pi-Oh-Pah
20-11-03, 11:33
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
The first one is a real bugger. Did he take the 10 packs from you and then there was a glitch in telling you what to do next?
As far as you can go to the west in the swamp there is an agent swimming. Speak with him and you will get a data cube. Take it and kill him and then you should be on your way again. Atleast thats how I think it went. You really should use a hovertech for this mission. It really sucks :)

Killing the guy in the swamp is part of the 1st mission

@Neochick - u have bought the correct fuel packs - dunno y it wont work tho :(

Pi-Oh-Pah
20-11-03, 11:34
Originally posted by AxeMan
i had problems with that epic too.
i'd go to the guy in the north, he'd tell me to go see someone, which i would do then come back, only to be reminded what i had to do. so i'd then go see the contact a second time and get the message that he'd told me everything and that i should go back to the guy in the north.
very frustrating. i had to cancel the mission a few times and restart it before it would work properly.

Even with a hover it was - race to the north, get mission, race to near regants, meet contact, race back up north. mission not done so repeat. etc. i covered more miles doing that one mission than all the others combined

I did the temp epic 3 times before the GR lock down - then it was easy :D

ericdraven
20-11-03, 11:55
Originally posted by NeoChick
So I look in my mission log and it has changed it now says:
"An insider supplies DOY with vital info you may be able to be of assistance time left 20 hrs" Thats all it says in the log.
It seems you successfully finished the "energy mission".
The next part of this epic is talking to Matt Tronsted in Point Red.

Shadow Dancer
20-11-03, 11:56
Damn Eric, how many times you done the epic?

ericdraven
20-11-03, 12:03
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Damn Eric, how many times you done the epic?
Hmm.. about ten times.. i mean the temporary one, not especially the TG one (they are all the same anyway).

NeoChick
21-11-03, 06:30
I have already spoken to the guy in Point Red. And I have also been in the swamp. So then the next thing was to get the ten energy packs and I did that and went back and the stupid idiot just says 'hello'.

I guess I have to cancel the mission and start from scratch

Better yet, just give up on the ....................'swearword with an f ' mission

Viduus[JBX]
21-11-03, 17:05
Are you talking to the right guy?

If you are then yeah, cancel & restart. But make sure as was said before that you have 10 "Vehicle EnergyPack (Hover Only)" and not Vehicle Fuel Packs (Chaincraft Only)". And they're bought at the same place.
General Gehena doesn't talk to you until the last mission... I've done this epic 6 times, Eric wins :p