PDA

View Full Version : Questions about vecs

Heavyporker
20-11-03, 10:33
I know, I know, its suprising to see a maestro of vehicles such as I asking questions about this topic, but:

- How can you get first person view inside vehicles? I can't for the life of me get it to work. I mean, it happens sometimes when I get bugged (inside APC, sitting in back).

I ask because I would LIKE to be IN the car, feeling the wind sweep my hair and all that lovely stuff. Plus, people that I have gotten to try out my combat wheeler car says its impossible to fire the grenades in third-person view since, to aim up, you will be looking at the trunk or the muffler pipe. Not conductive to fighting, I tell you.

- Is there any way to help my gunner get the best aim on gunning my vec, without him having to tell me to jiggle my vec this way or that way? Since I can't be looking at the target the same way the gunner is. Got a few tips on the Rhino, yeah, but I'm looking to improve vehicular combat capability.

- Is there any chance that KK will rework vehicles/gunnery into a reasonable ladder of skill reqs balanced against power?

I mean, jeez, scout trike VHC req HAS to be lowered to about 45 VHC or thereabouts. Heavy trike machine gun HAS to be upped to like STR 30 with 40-50 HC (this uppage for the gun on scout trike would do perfect) with damage upped so it's an actual weapon than an annoyance.

Combat hoverbike should get STR and HC upped appreciably so that at least strafing runs are viable. Right now, with the reports I'm getting, you gotta stop the bike and spritz away for the weapon to have any effect on the target. Something as fast as hoverbike should be using for strafing, not emplacement gunnery!

Man, combat wheeler car could maul even gentanks if only the aiming could work. Fix first person view in vec so it works! The idea of driver and gunner having to work together to aim the gun is rather intringuing though... but for such teamwork, I suggest you up the grenade damage by like 20%. Um, and make it so that under no situation can the gunner drop the grenades ONTO the car. They do so now too frequently, and it HURTS.

Heavyporker
20-11-03, 19:43
guys, please at least answer my question about getting first person view inside vecs. the other stuff in previous post is just gravy.

Wannabe
20-11-03, 20:30
Nope, you can't get a first-player view on the vehicles to my knowledge and I have the vehicles a lot. Now I just need to replace my hovertech cause reveler is kinda slow =)

// Wannabe

Heavyporker
20-11-03, 20:53
MMmmh, I *did* get first person view a short bit ago when I got bugged - it was so damn nice, that view. Never figured out how to duplicate that feat.

Oh, and has anyone else been getting this problem - you been driving around, and suddenly car goes invisible and won't move, and you have to jump out and in to fix?

Spy<VS>Spy
20-11-03, 20:53
ahh a vehicle post, i so love the vehicle posts. sometimes i have days where i ask myself, spy...why did you go with vehicles and droning, because they where there... the good old days of hunting in the jeap with a couple of friends, picking out warbots.

my god the joy and fun of the APC wagon of death rolling across the wastlands full of legion ready to find trouble where it may. those where really the days, the best times i have had...

anywho, enough about that shit. to answer your question. NO, first person view is no longer possible. you COULD at one point in time, handy for driving the apc...and god DAMN was it cool being in that bubble style cockpit with the control panels on either side of you.

a patch about...err, 6 months ago...nerfed it out, fucked it up. who knows, they either ment to or didnt mean to and didnt fix it. KK has that habit to not fix what they brake...here isa patch guys! oh, we brokes some stuff? eh...didnt need it anyways. enjoy your new stuff!

the last part, yeah, dont try vehicles for combat, they are not made for it.

IS there any chance? well my friend, yes. the test forum frequantly gets little updates as they fiddle with the vehicles from time to time. well they ever balance vehicles and make them really useful like say planet side. probably NOT. word on the street however is i guess you will be able to get gliders with the next patch...

yeah, this mob, is riding on this glider, and if you shoot him down, you get the glider key, maybe. why would you use the glider? fuck if i know, i used the prototype glider on the test server when they came out. and they where horrible. oh KK improved their zoning and they flew real nice, but the requirments for them where ass, and taking off and landing was a bitch! that and they where ugly. heh...so one can only hope that they improved the glider and just didnt because they where lazy kept the old one.

However KK has some nice concept for vehicles, i complament them highly on that. its just they dont work right or how they work doesnt fit into the game. for instance the heavy assualt glider or advanced glider. one had rockets, but they came out of your upper wing so you had to be dive bombing to hit anything on the ground and the range was 25m.

for the advanced glider, MUCH cooler was a two engine craft which seated two people. the gunner faced the rear and had a turret underbelly gun, however it didnt give you a different view from the pilot and KK cant get it threw their thick SKULL that heavy weapons are useless on fast moving vehicles. IE you moves to fast to lock onto anything and even if you could the rang was uber short, didnt fire fast enough...couldnt zoom in...etc.

Then there was the hover carriers and bombers, a fine vertical take off vehicle which i liked. very large the hover's had these pivoting engines that you moved by moving your mouse forward or back. straight down allowed you to climb verticaly or decend. controls where really touchy however and there was a couple of things wrong with them visualy. they also lacked an idle feature which allowed the ship to retain altitude.

if they would allowed a keyboard setup movement instead of the mouse, i think they would have done well. set egnine throttle so you can hover or pivot them forward for thrust. or decend slowly into a landing. use the mouse for turning or manuvering.dun know...anyways, have real promise.

So yeah, KK is cooking up flying vehicle ideas so i imgagine ground vehicles will get tickered with...eventually. try getting an officail blurb from callash, kinda got a big head now with all his dutys but sometimes he lets out some good heads up.

Heavyporker
20-11-03, 20:57
wow spy.. thanks for detailed info on the gliders... those hover bomber/carriers sound neat.

Pikester
20-11-03, 21:35
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy

the last part, yeah, dont try vehicles for combat, they are not made for it.

The tank isnt exactly practical for a shopping run o_O

~Pike

Spy<VS>Spy
20-11-03, 21:45
well i've killed some people in the tank. however only with the following two conditions.

1.) said target was not a high level passive monk.

2.) said target was out in the middle of no where without a zone line or structure to hide behind or any other means to escape from getting hit with the tanks gun, like cloaking or any other crap.

if both of those conditions where met. i ate people every time. however i can do that just as well with my pain easer...and run faster too. :)

Archeus
20-11-03, 21:51
- How can you get first person view inside vehicles?

Generally you can't but if you hit Tab while Sync'ing it throws you into first person mode. Hard to drive that way though.

- Is there any way to help my gunner get the best aim on gunning my vec, without him having to tell me to jiggle my vec this way or that way?

No. Odds on where you are is slightly different to where your passenger is. This is what used to cause vecs to crash when zoning. You would run the side zone point then spin the APC at the corner and it would zone the passengers into a different zone.

Heavyporker
20-11-03, 21:57
ahh... well.. it should be interesting to drive Rhino in first person view :D